Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> Faustin, Montyfatcat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reported Players: Faustin (STEAM_0:1:47537763) () , Montyfatcat (STEAM_0:1:161817379) ()
Server: Rockford
Time: 2018-May-13 14:55
Summary: Both broke fearRP. I was pointing my shotgun in their direction while they were unarmed, clearly within mic distance and they backed behind a wall and pulled their own guns
Evidence:
As evidenced by the video, yes it is clear we both broke FearRP. However as I tried to explain to you over PM, I thought I had the AK in my hands. I apologise for this incident and it was caused merely by a user error. As I also told you over PM such an occurrence wouldn't happen again.

It was a simple mistake that could've been easily resolved over PM, sorry man.

EDIT: Look, given my hours (921) I should be aware of this, granted, however due to the fact I had just exited a shootout with the corleones a matter of seconds before our encounter I thought, and in a real world situation it would make sense, for me to still be armed. I apologise but given my last punishment for this breaking FearRP was over 2 years ago, I think it's fairly safe to say this was a silly mistake and it won't be happening again.

EDIT2: After speaking to a staff member and was told "That can be a nasty rule to detangle.", I would like to mention how much of a grey area the FearRP rule is, and even staff members with 3+ years of service will disagree on what is FearRP is and isn't, which is why I would like the fact the rule is confusing enough as it is to my defence.
I agree fearRP can be very confusing some times, but what is confusing about this specific case?
  • 2.1 - You are considered to be under FearRP when you are in line of sight of a visibly armed person,
Me, being an armed person, had you in my line of sight.
  • who is within microphone range of you 
I was within microphone range of you.
  • and is able to harm your character at that moment. 
I was able to harm your character at that moment
  • You must act afraid of armed people and life-threatening situations. You must follow the orders of the person(s) who have you under FearRP, 
Yes, I didn't have time to give you orders, but:
  • and you may not draw a weapon on them or attack them. 
You drew weapons on me.
  • FearRP applies to melee weapons and tasers if you are within effective range (except if in a vehicle). You may not run away from someone who has you under FearRP and is pointing a gun/taser at you
You ran away from me when I had you under FearRP and was pointing a gun at you.
  • unless they specifically order you to. 
I did not specifically order you to run away.
  • You are not under FearRP if you are also visibly armed. Visibly armed in the context of this rule means that you have your weapon out and in your hands, regardless of safety mode. 
You were not visibly armed. You did not have a weapon out in your hands.

You are not considered visibly armed when you are seated in a vehicle, regardless of whether you are holding a weapon in hand or not. If someone switches from a gun to handcuffs/rope to detain you, FearRP still applies.
(May 13, 2018, 05:36 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

Sorry, but you are explaining to me how I broke FearRP despite the fact I clearly accepted the fact I broke it?
(May 13, 2018, 05:38 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry, but you are explaining to me how I broke FearRP despite the fact I clearly accepted the fact I broke it?

I was addressing what you said here:
Faustin Wrote:EDIT2: After speaking to a staff member and was told "That can be a nasty rule to detangle.", I would like to mention how much of a grey area the FearRP rule is, and even staff members with 3+ years of service will disagree on what is FearRP is and isn't, which is why I would like the fact the rule is confusing enough as it is to my defence.

Sounds like you're trying to defend yourself by stating how you got confused by the fearRP rule, but I am pointing out that there is nothing confusing about this situation.
(May 13, 2018, 05:40 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 13, 2018, 05:38 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]

I was addressing what you said here:
Faustin Wrote:EDIT2: After speaking to a staff member and was told "That can be a nasty rule to detangle.", I would like to mention how much of a grey area the FearRP rule is, and even staff members with 3+ years of service will disagree on what is FearRP is and isn't, which is why I would like the fact the rule is confusing enough as it is to my defence.

Sounds like you're trying to defend yourself by stating how you got confused by the fearRP rule, but I am pointing out that there is nothing confusing about this situation.

Because in a real life situation it would've taken a split second to dive behind the wall to safety, I also ran off before you gave any commands. Look like I've said half a dozen times now I'm sorry for what happened.
Rule states it clear as day. I don't know if you're trying to defend yourself because you don't think you broke the rules or if you're admitting clearly to it, because you're giving signs of both.
(May 13, 2018, 05:50 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Rule states it clear as day. I don't know if you're trying to defend yourself because you don't think you broke the rules or if you're admitting clearly to it, because you're giving signs of both.

I know I broke the rules, I apologise for this.

EDIT: But with all due respect, it was a split second decision. I had no intentions of breaking the rules.
Under Review
Player Report Approved.

Considering the context of the situation, the lack of priors and general standing of the players, a 4 hour weapons blacklist will be applied to both players.