Limelight Forums

Full Version: People getting disrespectful quickly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I Noticed once I putted in my description that I am transgender from male to female irl. I get a lot of shit thrwn at my head. Like; tranny fucking gay etc. I was wondering. If they voice chat it or speak it IC (without any reason for them to do so. Ad it is my description) could I report them?

Reason for questioning is because I found it highly innaproppiate to call me those names. Especially because it is in my description it should not reflect on IC situations.
(May 11, 2018, 01:42 PM)Ping-Hotel Wrote: [ -> ]I Noticed once I putted in my description that I am transgender from male to female irl. I get a lot of shit thrwn at my head. Like; tranny fucking gay etc. I was wondering. If they voice chat it or speak it IC (without any reason for them to do so. Ad it is my description) could I report them?

Reason for questioning is because I found it highly innaproppiate to call me those names. Especially because it is in my description it should not reflect on IC situations.

It's metagaming, simple as.
(May 11, 2018, 02:24 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 11, 2018, 01:42 PM)Ping-Hotel Wrote: [ -> ]I Noticed once I putted in my description that I am transgender from male to female irl. I get a lot of shit thrwn at my head. Like; tranny fucking gay etc. I was wondering. If they voice chat it or speak it IC (without any reason for them to do so. Ad it is my description) could I report them?

It's powergaming, simple as.

Lmao no it’s not.

The rules state such language is allowed providing it is not excessive, in this case I would consider it excessive.
(May 11, 2018, 02:48 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 11, 2018, 02:24 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]

It's powergaming, simple as.

Lmao no it’s not.

The rules state such language is allowed providing it is not excessive, in this case I would consider it excessive.

But remember. They do achieve the information out of my description.
The in-game description is meant to be used to describe your in-game character so you shouldn't really put that you're transgender irl in it, unless you want your character to be as well. Even so, it's usually meant to describe physical features so it's not required.

"in my description that I am transgender from male to female irl"
The problem is on both sides. You shouldn't include OOC/IRL information on your IC description and people shouldn't use that information unless their characters have a way of identifying you as transgender or you telling them.
The description is intended to be IC and describe your IC character.

If people are using that kind of langauge ICly and it affects you OOC, I would suggest you ask them to stop in local OOC, and then if they don't stop it then becomes excessive and would be an issue for an admin.

People can be horrible, but just remember everyone acts tough over the internet because no one's gonna do shit to them Smile
(May 11, 2018, 04:52 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]The description is intended to be IC and describe your IC character.

If people are using that kind of langauge ICly and it affects you OOC, I would suggest you ask them to stop in local OOC, and then if they don't stop it then becomes excessive and would be an issue for an admin.

People can be horrible, but just remember everyone acts tough over the internet because no one's gonna do shit to them Smile

Unless your address is public domain and someone actually gives enough shit to dive to them *cough*rip Temar
Advice: Don't share that information. If you share personal info, people will use it against you regardless. Especially if they have strong views on the topic.

Equally if people are giving you shit IRL and not IC, then that would be breaching the rules. Especially if it's harassment. 

But yeah, i'd keep that side quiet just to avoid trouble. I could give away personal shit people would use to give me shit, but I don't because there's no gain...
Descriptions are just like your job title, your name, etc. They are there for OOC purposes and shouldn’t be used IC, so if you’re being insulted because of it then by all means you have every right to report those players. Regardless if it’s IRL information of your character’s information, the only way they’d know you are a transgender is by you telling them, no other way.

Quite frankly, I am disgusted to hear such actions took place on Limelight. If you need some support then feel free to pop me a message, you shouldn’t have to struggle due to people being immature and disrespectful.
I do sympathise with you and sadly I have seen people being horrible to you but when your response is "I hope you die and get cancer" it's not very nice back. 
It comes both ways, however it's still a horrible thing and I can see why you get aggravated from it and I'm sorry that you have to go through it on LL.
I'm a bit confused as to why you decided to bring IRL information up in-game.
Your character doesn't reflect you, and although it is certainly meta-gaming for someone to call you out on your description, it's not supposed to be about you, but rather about your character.
If someone talks about your description or brings up any OOC information IC, they are meta-gaming and you may report them.

I want to reiterate that such behaviour is not tolerated on here and assuming you have proof of this/these incident(s), go ahead and make a report here. (Proof would be screenshots, recordings, chat logs, etc.)
(May 11, 2018, 09:33 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]I do sympathise with you and sadly I have seen people being horrible to you but when your response is "I hope you die and get cancer" it's not very nice back. 
It comes both ways, however it's still a horrible thing and I can see why you get aggravated from it and I'm sorry that you have to go through it on LL.

I agree, but you already explained it.. I get aggravated, same goes for now, reason I have to immediately leave is because my mom is getting hurt from her astma again and we called an ambulance, out now. cya. (sorry for being impatiant)

I didn't care about you leaving early, it's the insults that come from you too.
For future reference,
The Description area is meant for reflection of your character's physical and behavioral attributes.  you mention that it's meta-gaming to use this information, however, this isn't necessarily true. 

The description contains, for the most part, information that IS used. This might include, but is not limited to:

Clear Physical Attributes (Height, Weight, Gender, Race, Tattoos, Piercings)
          Clear Behavioral Attributes (Mental Illnesses, Obvious Temperament)

This being said - the description area is not meant for OOC information and even if you'd like to reflect your own identity onto your character you should always refrain from giving away any personal information as I hate to be blunt but this is the Internet and nobody is safe from cyber-bullying.

If the description of you being Transgender is reflective of your IC persona (ie. Cross-dressing, etcetera) then, unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done against IC insults.
Pages: 1 2