Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> Brin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reported Players: Brin. (STEAM_0:0:138425082) ()
Server: Rockford
Time: 2018-May-07 12:54
Summary: Brin started by disrespecting Estel, making a comment about "Oh it's you that runs that clan, explains a lot". Following this I called him out for breaking rule 1.4. He then says "rule ur mum", to which I tell him to not talk about my mother, he then says "ur dad". Had he not said that this PR would not exist, but as some of you may know I do not tolerate people talking about my father in any disrespectful manner.

Whilst yes he says it's a joke, there was a PR back when soviet was staff where judge rage told someone to kill themselves AS A JOKE and was still punished.

Evidence: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...CE501255E/
lol ok
explain the disrecpect in 'ur dad' 'ur mum' 'ur nan'
(May 7, 2018, 02:59 PM)B.. Wrote: [ -> ]explain the disrecpect in 'ur dad' 'ur mum' 'ur nan'

The latter two comments did not bother me. 

My dad was shot and killed when I was 7, I do not take those types of comments lightly. I do not care if you come back with "I didn't know :c" or any of that bollocks, you don't make those kind of jokes in the first place.

[Image: fzFxecS.png]

Also please take this seriously.
ah yes cus everyone is meant to know about that? good one
With recent memes like "no u" and the genius comeback "ur mom", I believe this was a meme joke gone wrong.

You compared this to Judge saying kill yourself as a joke, telling someone to kill themselves is much more serious than someone saying "ur mom".

I fail to see the disrespect here, and we don't have rules that forbid bad meme comebacks.
(May 7, 2018, 03:03 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]With recent memes like "no u" and the genius comeback "ur mom", I believe this was a meme joke gone wrong.

You compared this to Judge saying kill yourself as a joke, telling someone to kill themselves is much more serious than someone saying "ur mom".

I fail to see the disrespect here, and we don't have rules that forbid bad meme comebacks.

It was not that comment that bothered me. Regardless if it's a meme or not, I found it offensive. "ur mom" has been a comeback since everyone was like 8 so of course that doesn't bother me, but people do not speak about my dad in the manner as you have no idea how much it pisses me off and genuinely hurts me.
(May 7, 2018, 03:03 PM)B.. Wrote: [ -> ]ah yes cus everyone is meant to know about that? good one

Then you don't make the comments in the first place.
its a joke, not everyone knows that your dad is dead. no is going to know because it isnt something you openly speak about.
(May 7, 2018, 03:07 PM)B.. Wrote: [ -> ]its a joke, not everyone knows that your dad is dead. no is going to know because it isnt something you openly speak about.

It's also not something you joke about, just in-case they are in that situation.

Take this example for a matter of principle:

You tell someone that is going through a very rough patch and is dealing with suicidal thoughts, you tell them to kill themselves - there you go manslaughter charge, even if you "didn't know".

I understand this example is MUCH more serious, but it's a matter of principle.
While I can see that such incidents hurt, this server is on the internet. At the end of the day, unless it's heavily and openly towards you, you should stay strong towards comments such as "ur dad", "ur mom". The internet has a lot of memes like that recently.

No one here can know what happens in your real life, and which such a meme way the comment was made, I'd advise you to not take it seriously. At the end of the day, it was a bad meme done badly.

Denied, as this is not disrespect but a bad attempt at being funny and using a meme.