Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unable to duplicate elevators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ID: 5aef1713aa15b47fc23757ec

Server [Rockford/Build/Event]: All
Description: Unable to save elevators
Bug observed since: 6th May
Images/Screenshots: N/A
Steps to Reproduce:

Simply apply elevator tool to a prop, attempt to weld it to another and try to duplicate. 
Thank you for your bug-report, Welker!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
I don't think you could ever dupe elevators - am I wrong?
(May 6, 2018, 05:25 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you could ever dupe elevators - am I wrong?

It was possible a little while
(May 6, 2018, 05:28 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 6, 2018, 05:25 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you could ever dupe elevators - am I wrong?

It was never possible to weld a dupe to an elevator and then dupe it, because then the whole dupe will move in the direction of the elevator - IIRC.
(May 6, 2018, 05:47 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 6, 2018, 05:28 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]

It was never possible to weld a dupe to an elevator and then dupe it, because then the whole dupe will move in the direction of the elevator - IIRC.
Afraid you're recalling incorrectly, because I and other people have definitely saved elevators in the past.
youve never been able to duplicate elevators
When a prop/collection of props get turned into an elevator, the player loses ownership of them as they become a 'world' prop.

Because of this it is not possible to edit or save them once the elevator tool has been applied.

If you want to save an elevator, I recommend using AdvDupe to save the prop(s) you want to turn into an elevator, then use the elevator tool. This will enable you to bring it back later.
(May 6, 2018, 05:59 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 6, 2018, 05:47 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 6, 2018, 05:28 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]It was possible a little while

Afraid you're recalling incorrectly, because I and other people have definitely saved elevators in the past.

Nope. You never could possibly do that.
(May 6, 2018, 07:12 PM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]When a prop/collection of props get turned into an elevator, the player loses ownership of them as they become a 'world' prop.

Because of this it is not possible to edit or save them once the elevator tool has been applied.

If you want to save an elevator, I recommend using AdvDupe to save the prop(s) you want to turn into an elevator, then use the elevator tool. This will enable you to bring it back later.

It doesn't become a world prop anymore
Well, considering I have just tested even more of my dupes today that I recall copying and pasting, still having elevators. However when I pasted them today, no elevators work. I remember being quite happy about the fact I could save/paste elevators, my memory is not that short.
are you using single or multi-prop elevators?
(May 9, 2018, 11:44 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ] are you using single or multi-prop elevators?

I've tried both and neither seem to save
Ticket Status Updated

Changed from New to Confirmed
Pages: 1 2