Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unblacklist Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Oobrie

Issued by: [L²] Nightmare

Blacklist ID: [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]74744[/font]

Server: Rockford EU

Why should you be unblacklisted?: Invalid Reasoning for Blacklist / Invalid Application of Rules to Administer Blacklist

Evidence:  
(Please see Riggs' Player Report here for reference).

I'd like to appeal this blacklist on two grounds:

1. The official reason given for administering the blacklist by administrative staff is invalid and non-enforceable
2. There exists no culpability of a breach of any established server rules

1. The official reason given for administering the blacklist is as follows:

"Additionally, came forwards in regards to shooting through the wall and will be included in the conclusion to this player report."
(This is in reference to a discussion the member of the administrative team and I had over Steam regarding the situation. I would like for [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][L²] Nightmare to present the Steam chat logs in this Blacklist appeal for the administrative team to view.)[/font]

"Player Oobrie will receive a 1 hour weapons blacklist for failing to identify hostile targets and shooting upon those who don't pose a threat."
There exists no current, established rule in which a player, member of the community or otherwise can be penalised by the administrative team for 'failing to identify hostile targets'. The first half of the reason offered for the Blacklist stands as invalid and unfounded.

2. There exists no culpability on the part of the player who is allegedly within breach of set server rules:

The second half, "shooting upon those who don't pose a threat", presumably refers to Rule 11.7:
  • "11.7 - You cannot kill unarmed people or those who no longer pose a threat (injured, unconscious, handcuffed, etc). The only exception is if there is a dictator who orders an execution or capital punishment for an appropriate crime has been issued. You can shoot at fleeing"

In this case, [L²] Nightmare  refers to the shooting of the occupants inside Kellco Warehouse. 

From the submission of Steam Chat Logs that [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][L²] Nightmare will hopefully present, it will be made clear to reviewing staff that the player had a very limited angle of the situation, and was unable to see either the Government Faction, or the 'Kellco' faction. The submission will continue to show that as shots were fired (which post to the conclusion of Riggs' player report, has now been put at the feet of the Government Faction storming the front entrance) that the player was under the impression that the shots were being fired from the Kellco Faction, towards the Government faction. [/font]
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]It is not reasonable to suggest that the player could not conclude that the occupants of the KellCo warehouse were attempting to fire on the government faction on a few counts:[/font]

[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif](i) As already stated, the limited point of view[/font]
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif](ii) To suggest that the player move from their limited point of view to observe the Police team would be ICly unsafe and incompetent, and OOCly unrealistic. It would amount to a minor infraction of FailRP.[/font]
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif](iii) To suggest that even if the player was able to observe the shooting from the Government faction, it would not be reasonable to suggest that they could conclude no shots were being returned in their direction until the situation was de-escalated.[/font]

[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]Nightmare's submission will then go onto show how the player explains that at the moment of de-escalation, his weapon was lowered and no further shots were fired. The administrative team may also wish to note that the player had not gotten through 1 magazine (hk14, 30 rounds) by the time the situation was over, as reference to the flashpoint intensity of the incident.[/font]

[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]This shows that there is zero malicious intent from the side of the player, and that the shots fired were fired as a result of IC misdirection from the Government Faction. It it not reasonable to suggest that the player is culpable.[/font]
The staff-members have received your unblacklist-request, Oobrie.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Approved & removed from record.

Sadly, due to an issue with retrieving logs, I can't seem to be able to access them thus unable to prove your positioning. However, from the Steam chat we had, you did admit to doing this. The situation is enforceable and completely valid and enforceable, and thus you were punished. It's only because I'm unable to grab the relevant logs for this that I'm able to excuse you.

Please take more care in the future.