Limelight Forums

Full Version: Cosmos St. Parking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you use this underground carpark to do contraband in?

https://prnt.sc/jascmx

A lot of the time it's being unused and I think if I made a dupe that suggests it's abandoned but still inhabited by anarchists or something, it could still fit into the map and wouldn't look out of place.
I did think about doing that but i think the public building rule may effect you basing there.
I think it applies under the Main St. Rule about contra.
(Apr 27, 2018, 02:33 PM)NinjaLabs Wrote: [ -> ]I think it applies under the Main St. Rule about contra.

"Main St. Rule" only says that anything that looks shop-like and obviously isn't mean to be a base, can't be used as a base.
6.2 - You require staff permission to build in areas you do not own (unless it’s outside the city, but not on roads), or the president’s permission if it’s the Town Hall. You may spawn small, roleplay-appropriate props in areas you do not own as long as you leave them unfrozen.

The parking area is in the city, and has no doors so you cannot own it. It is therefore an area you cannot build in without staff permission by the current rules.

Really? I see builds in there all the time?
Like impounds and such
(Apr 27, 2018, 03:30 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]6.2 - You require staff permission to build in areas you do not own (unless it’s outside the city, but not on roads), or the president’s permission if it’s the Town Hall. You may spawn small, roleplay-appropriate props in areas you do not own as long as you leave them unfrozen.

The parking area is in the city, and has no doors so you cannot own it. It is therefore an area you cannot build in without staff permission by the current rules.

What about areas with no doors but clearly attached to an ownable building, I.e the front yards of the houses, or the steps to the town hall, or the parking outside GM?
(Apr 27, 2018, 05:28 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 27, 2018, 03:30 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]6.2 - You require staff permission to build in areas you do not own (unless it’s outside the city, but not on roads), or the president’s permission if it’s the Town Hall. You may spawn small, roleplay-appropriate props in areas you do not own as long as you leave them unfrozen.

What about areas with no doors but clearly attached to an ownable building, I.e the front yards of the houses, or the steps to the town hall, or the parking outside GM?

Areas that are clearly part of a building are owned alongside the building when the door is bought. So if a house has a front lawn you can fence off the lawn etc.
(Apr 27, 2018, 05:25 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ] 
Like impounds and such

*shrug*
I'm saying that's the way the rule is written. In practice it's one of those places that's probably out of the way enough that often ends up not being an issue, but also one of the places that is easy to give permission to build in without putting in much thought into the decision.

ForceGhost

(Apr 27, 2018, 06:37 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
Like impounds and such

*shrug*
I'm saying that's the way the rule is written. In practice it's one of those places that's probably out of the way enough that often ends up not being an issue, but also one of the places that is easy to give permission to build in without putting in much thought into the decision.

Can we receive permission from staff that aren't on the server?
(Apr 27, 2018, 06:39 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 27, 2018, 06:37 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
Like impounds and such

*shrug*

Can we receive permission from staff that aren't on the server?

Yes but only if there aren't any staff currently active on the server.
I think if nobody else has any questions for Mr. Lewd this thread can be closed.
Closed.