Limelight Forums

Full Version: Best web browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Best web browser for performance?
Personally I use waterfox, it's bascically firefox but it utilizes ram better and is more designed for 64bit computers I think.
Microsoft Edge
I use google chrome, it's a lot more optimized compared to most other browsers out there.
(Apr 10, 2018, 05:44 PM)Boshine Wrote: [ -> ]I use google chrome, it's a lot more optimized compared to most other browsers out there.

Chrome is a ram eater, it's not very good but has some pretty useful features.
I use firefox
I mostly use Firefox. Never had any issues with it.
(Apr 10, 2018, 06:41 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]I mostly use Firefox. Never had any issues with it.

Firefox is outdated and eats away at your memory, i'm surprised you've never had an issue with it
Please vote if you already haven't.

Im using google chrome at the moment but it seems to take alot of ram to run it.
Google Chrome Smile

(No Problem with 32GB RAM)
If you don't mind not having plugins and shit. MS Edge.
If you have a lot of RAM, and don't mind a fair bit being used, then I'd say Chrome.
Otherwise, the Firefox Quantum.
I'm thinking of switching browser because ATM opera is eating up my RAM.
But then again I do usually have 20 - 35 tabs open at a time
(Apr 10, 2018, 09:28 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking of switching browser because ATM opera is eating up my RAM.
But then again I do usually have 20 - 35 tabs open at a time

how tf have you not had a mental breakdown it stresses me out to have anymore than 3

idek
don't judge me xD
I've generally found that Firefox is the fastest overall, but Chrome is more worth it due to the availability of extensions. Syncing with my mobile device is also very useful, which Firefox on mobile can do but is very slow (Firefox Focus for mobile on the other hand is nice, but not suitable for use as a primary browser).
Pages: 1 2 3