Limelight Forums

Full Version: Staff Report: Doctor Internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Steam Name: [FL:RP] Grapefruit

Time/Date: ~ 12:30 6th April 2018

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:222849592

Name of Staff Member: Doctor Internet

Summary/Details: Doctor Internet, a developer/administrator for Limelight, invalidly tased me when I was standing still on the sidewalk when I was causing no harm or public disturbance. He then used the move body tool to drag me to a building when he had no purpose for and purposefully slammed me against the door. Bearing in mind, by looking at his job title and description, he was not corrupt. He had no reason to tase me, drag me or purposefully kill me with the move body tool.

I had only just joined the server for the first time and had this as my first experience. If I were not playing with friends, I would have left the server and never returned with the mindset that it is unorganized and administered/developed server by inexperienced ‘rolemodels’. This situation was incredibly unprofessional and absolutely appalling to see from someone who is supposed to have an extensive knowledge of the rules and follow/enforce them properly.

If it was an accident, why did he make no attempt to respawn me? Why did he not bring me after I respawned? Why did he at the very least not apologize to me for not only breaking the roleplay, but infringing a rule as an administrator/developer?

Evidence:
Alright, as the member of staff who attempted to handle your call in-game, I'm gonna preface this by saying that this is a little bit old, a day or two perhaps.

I asked Doc his side of the story so I could handle the situation after asking you for the evidence. You said that it was uploading and that it may be a while, so in the meantime I asked Doc what happened. From how it was explained to me, it seems like this is yet another example of how buggy our body movement system is.

A body will freak out - sometimes excessively so, as you've seen - when being placed down on the ground when close to walls or doors. You can tell that it was accidental as he went "oh shit, fuck" in the video. I don't believe this was intentional, thus I didn't escalate it myself.
Under investigation.

Waiting for Internet to reply.
Hello, thank you for bringing this forward. Whilst this situation was handled ingame, by another administrator, I thank you for bringing it up here as a report.

(Apr 8, 2018, 11:27 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ]Doctor Internet, a developer/administrator for Limelight, invalidly tased me when I was standing still on the sidewalk when I was causing no harm or public disturbance.
I had repeatedly told you to move away. At that point in time, you were failing to follow the orders of an officer.

Quote:He then used the move body tool to drag me to a building when he had no purpose for and purposefully slammed me against the door.
As you were hanging around with the other members on scene, I had assumed you were with them. Since you failed to respond to my order to move away, I attempted to move you inside. Hence why I made multiple requests for the door to be opened.

Quote:Bearing in mind, by looking at his job title and description, he was not corrupt. He had no reason to tase me, drag me or purposefully kill me with the move body tool.
I had reason to tase, I had reason to drag you away. I did not attempt to purposefully kill you with the tool. I was attempting to put you down, as the door had not been opened. This is why you were moved back and forward as I looked toward and away from the men on the plaza.

Quote:If it was an accident, why did he make no attempt to respawn me? Why did he not bring me after I respawned? Why did he at the very least not apologize to me for not only breaking the roleplay, but infringing a rule as an administrator/developer?
Because our staff guidelines state that we are not allowed use our commands in any way which gives us an advantage. By re-spawning you, it would have me at an advantage over others who have this happen to them. We also also advised not to handle our own calls.

I however did call to resolve the situation, once you had made your @ call.

And to set aside some aspersions made in the video, I have no ill-will against people from FL, and it's not because "I'm a faggot in real life."
Are you able to provide video-footage that shows more of the situation before you got tazed?

The more context I have, the merrier.
Replying to Nightmare, I understand this is late but to what relevance is that to the case? Just because the report is a couple days late does not justify the occurred rule infringement. I looked around and found out the advice required prior to posting this case from people who had more knowledge on the subject. I should never have been tased nor picked up, to begin with. Not to mention the very blatant body slamming as seen in the video. If the staff member had have been roleplaying their role correctly this could have been avoided. The “oh shit fuck” that you quote sounds awfully sarcastic and I disagree this was accidental, especially with the sarcastic, nonchalant whistle whilst he was walking away which seemed like he didn't care about what just happened.

As for Doctor Internet, regardless of myself following your orders or not, I was no immediate threat nor was I armed thus rendering the use of your taser abusive and unnecessary. As for moving me inside; why? If you wanted to move me away from this very public area why would you then attempt to move me inside? You have no justification for not only your roleplay actions, but your rule infringement and your failure to apologize for the 'accident' you made. Secondly, the 'faggot' and 'FL' comments that were made were made in a private discord call between me and a friend. I had not played on Limelight before and he had not played in a long time and we're trying to figure out what had been changed. They're of no importance to this report so please remain on topic, in a sense, and deal with the unfortunate situation which occurred in-game. 

Quote:Because our staff guidelines state that we are not allowed use our commands in any way which gives us an advantage. By re-spawning you, it would have me at an advantage over others who have this happen to them. We also also advised not to handle our own calls.
Thirdly, the staff guidelines might be there, but you would be surprised at how far an apology goes. Unfortunately, you made no effort whatstoever to fix your mistake, which in my eyes, makes the situation look more malicious, abusive and sarcastic.

Also, , how long prior to the tazing would you like to see? I will see what I have available and will upload it ASAP.

Thank you and have a nice night,
Grapefruit.
If you could just show a few minutes before the tazing so I can get a feel for the situation then that'd be great.

I'll wait for Internet to answer the questions you've raised, and then we'll get this thread sorted when it's time. 
I'm not concerned about the date of when this took place, so that's not a thing for anyone to focus on really.
(Apr 9, 2018, 12:21 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ]I should never have been tased nor picked up, to begin with.
Once again, I had repeatedly told you to move away. You had failed to do so.At that point, it was within my right to have you arrested, however I tased and moved you away.

(Apr 9, 2018, 12:21 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention the very blatant body slamming as seen in the video. If the staff member had have been roleplaying their role correctly this could have been avoided.
I had no reason to kill you, either ICly or OOCly. To kill you by slamming your body into the ground would be RDM, for which I had no reason to do so; so why would I?

(Apr 9, 2018, 12:21 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ] The “oh shit fuck” that you quote sounds awfully sarcastic and I disagree this was accidental, especially with the sarcastic, nonchalant whistle whilst he was walking away which seemed like he didn't care about what just happened.
No, that's just my voice. Unless I'm annoyed, I sound the same.
I'd tried to put you down several times before, when I was looking back and forth between the door (to drop you) and the plaza.

As I said to Nightmare during the situation, it was not intentional.

(Apr 9, 2018, 12:21 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ]As for Doctor Internet, regardless of myself following your orders or not, I was no immediate threat nor was I armed thus rendering the use of your taser abusive and unnecessary.
You cannot tase armed people, so I fail to see why you brought that up. You were failing to co-operate, so I deployed a taser on you.

(Apr 9, 2018, 12:21 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ]As for moving me inside; why? If you wanted to move me away from this very public area why would you then attempt to move me inside?
Because, since you were hanging around with the Synargy members, I assumed that you were also with them. I believe I answered this in my first reply.

(Apr 9, 2018, 12:21 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ]You have no justification for not only your roleplay actions, but your rule infringement and your failure to apologize for the 'accident' you made.
I do though, which I have repeatedly told you. Your opinion that I have no justification is incorrect, as I have repeatedly told you my justification.

(Apr 9, 2018, 12:21 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ]Secondly, the 'faggot' and 'FL' comments that were made were made in a private discord call between me and a friend. I had not played on Limelight before and he had not played in a long time and we're trying to figure out what had been changed. They're of no importance to this report so please remain on topic, in a sense, and deal with the unfortunate situation which occurred in-game. 
I was merely clarifying for the benefit of you and your friend.

(Apr 9, 2018, 12:21 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Because our staff guidelines state that we are not allowed use our commands in any way which gives us an advantage. By re-spawning you, it would have me at an advantage over others who have this happen to them. We also also advised not to handle our own calls.
Thirdly, the staff guidelines might be there, but you would be surprised at how far an apology goes. Unfortunately, you made no effort whatstoever to fix your mistake, which in my eyes, makes the situation look more malicious, abusive and sarcastic.
I'm sorry for your accidental death. Whilst the situation was unintentional, I should have teleported you back at the time, and apologised on scene. However, I understand why you feel the way you do, and why you posted the AA.
Good Afternoon,

Doctor Internet Wrote:Once again, I had repeatedly told you to move away.

Are you standing by that statement that you made in regards to you 'repeatedly telling me to move away'?
(Apr 9, 2018, 06:52 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ]Good Afternoon,

Doctor Internet Wrote:Once again, I had repeatedly told you to move away.

Are you standing by that statement that you made in regards to you 'repeatedly telling me to move away'?

Yes? I had told you to move away.
 Here is the extra footage you requested of a couple minutes before I was tased.

May I reinstate, I was very new to the server. This is literally a matter of minutes after I joined for the first time. I had no idea how to crouch properly, I had no idea where the city was; I didn't even know that a Nexus didn't exist on the map.

Throughout this unfortunate situation, Doctor Internet is seen consistently harassing me, for whatever reason. Comments like ''I will fuck your nan's life support'', ''Ahhh, for fuck's sake!'', ''There isn't a Nexus, you tit'' and more were said to me from Doctor Internet. I was asking a few questions OOC and the reported user is seen insulting me and being of no help. Bearing in mind that I made some comments OOCly for a joke such as ''I want to raid Nexus.'' I even stated I was joking and continued my OOC conversation in regards to places on the map and the mechanics in the gamemode. Eventually, I stood still on the sidewalk causing no harm or public disturbance, and invalidly tased and attempted to be dragged into the closest building. Not only did Doctor Internet have no valid reason to drag me in there, but he had no reason to tase my IC. At not one point did the accused staff tell me to leave the area IC. And even if he did, and I did not listen to what you had to say, why did you just not put me under FearRP by pointing a taser or handgun at me and tell me to leave the area? Why was I tased with no warning? I was in a public area and caused no harm whatsoever and was not asked to leave in a proper IC manner. The situation was conducted incredibly poorly and unprofessionally, with rule infringements included; something that a newcomer like myself should not be influenced by, especially by someone with a high rank like yourself.
(Apr 9, 2018, 07:41 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: [ -> ] Here is the extra footage you requested of a couple minutes before I was tased.

May I reinstate, I was very new to the server. This is literally a matter of minutes after I joined for the first time. I had no idea how to crouch properly, I had no idea where the city was; I didn't even know that a Nexus didn't exist on the map.

Throughout this unfortunate situation, Doctor Internet is seen consistently harassing me, for whatever reason. Comments like ''I will fuck your nan's life support'', ''Ahhh, for fuck's sake!'', ''There isn't a Nexus, you tit'' and more were said to me from Doctor Internet. I was asking a few questions OOC and the reported user is seen insulting me and being of no help. Bearing in mind that I made some comments OOCly for a joke such as ''I want to raid Nexus.'' I even stated I was joking and continued my OOC conversation in regards to places on the map and the mechanics in the gamemode. Eventually, I stood still on the sidewalk causing no harm or public disturbance, and invalidly tased and attempted to be dragged into the closest building. Not only did Doctor Internet have no valid reason to drag me in there, but he had no reason to tase my IC. At not one point did the accused staff tell me to leave the area IC. And even if he did, and I did not listen to what you had to say, why did you just not put me under FearRP by pointing a taser or handgun at me and tell me to leave the area? Why was I tased with no warning? I was in a public area and caused no harm whatsoever and was not asked to leave in a proper IC manner. The situation was conducted incredibly poorly and unprofessionally, with rule infringements included; something that a newcomer like myself should not be influenced by, especially by someone with a high rank like yourself.

At 0:20 seconds, you are told to "go stand inside or something." At 1:39 you're told to "fuck off". At 1:51, you're told a third time to fuck off.

3 times in your video, you were told to move away. You failed to do so.
You're were stood in the middle of what could turn into an armed shoot-out, as a citizen.
You made multiple statements of your intent to break laws.

Bear in mind, all of what happened (aside from your death) were IC. Being a dick ICly isn't against the rules. However, that's what my RP character was at the time.

When you had OOC questions ("How do I crouch instead of prone."), they were answered.

I have apologised in this report for what happened. When the situation happened ingame, I passed the case to another administrator to ensure a fair and unbiased review of the situation.
Good evening,

Doctor Internet Wrote:At 0:20 seconds, you are told to "go stand inside or something."
Why on Earth would I want to stand inside a building with armed people of which I have no affiliation with? Is that not FailRP? However, you being an officer, I listened to your command and went inside anyway. However, I shortly left as there was both nothing for me to do and I wanted to explore the map, having only just joined the server for the first time. Regardless, there was no reason at all for you to request me to stand inside the building nor was there to tase me and attempt to drag me inside.

Doctor Internet Wrote:You're were stood in the middle of what could turn into an armed shoot-out, as a citizen.
I was not aware of a 'shoot-out' that could have happened. Was there a shoot-out? Was anyone being threatened to be killed? Not to my knowledge. All the videos shows during the situation is us, peacefully standing together in a public area and you randomly tasing me slamming me into a door. I was brand new to the server and sought help in a peaceful, public area; in return I was received with unnecessary verbal abuse, an invalid and corrupt tase, followed with an abuse of the move body tool by being slammed into a door. All of this being recieved by an 'experienced' administrator/developer.

I am both distraught and appalled by the behavior, maliciousness, and rule-infringement committed by Doctor Internet, an 'experienced' administrator/developer on Limelight. This situation occurred literally minutes after joining the server for the first time, and to my surprise, I was exposed to toxic behaviors, attitudes and rule-infringements not by a minge; but an 'experienced elder' who has been picked and trusted to enforce, develop, and administrate for Limelight.

Thank you and have a nice night,
Grapefruit.
Reviewed and concluded.

So the main issues in this case were:

1. The tazing where player Grapefruit was tazed without posing as a direct threat.
2. The accidental killing of Grapefruit while ragdolled
3. The staff member in question failing to clean up the accident by teleporting back the player and apologizing.

1. It seems to have been In-Character. I personally find the tazing to be excessive but not abuse-worthy as a staff member, more as an abusive action as a Police Officer if anything. I would personally have given more clear orders and detained you if you were a problem. I don't view really view this as an administrative error, however.
2. The accused staff member should have shown more care when carrying Grapefruit to relocate him. 
3. The accused staff member should have realized that he should have fixed this issue by bringing back the player and apologizing for the accident and inconvenience. The staff member in question should have shown more care and will to fix the issue that arose. 

The accused staff-member has answered the questions and points in a way I find to be satisfactory and I believe he has explained and apologized for his behaviour in this case. Clearly, this shouldn't have happened. I believe that Internet has realized how he should have treated the situation, and I'm confident he'll show more care in the future. 

The concernings points, in this case, have been raised, discussed and addressed. 
I've spoken to the accused staff member about this situation.

It's unfortunate that this was how your first time on Limelight was, and I hope you'll have a better time next time you play on our servers if you choose to do so. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Reviewed and concluded. 
Thank you for your report, and for bringing it to our attention. Complaints like this help us improve. Hopefully, we'll do better.