Limelight Forums

Full Version: Ban Appeal - Woxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Woxy

Ban ID: 5666 

Banned by: [L²] Nightmare   

Server: Unknown

Ban Reason: Excessive misuse of lethal force. Case reviewed by SA and last warning has been enforced.

Why should you be unbanned?: To start, I probably do not have a very strong argument here with 14 bans on record, with quite high amounts of bans related to FailRP, FearRP and confrontations between myself and admins. Looking at my ban history some might say that I will just keep coming back to re-offend as there is a pattern of the bans on my record. I acknowledge that I have been in the wrong before and got what I deserved. Now sitting here, asking for another chance I probably seem foolish to be given yet another chance with 14 bans standing against me. I can promise to not break the rules if I was allowed back on Limelight servers but then I would be lying if I did break the rules, a better alternative would be for me to promise I will stay on top of my behaviour and work hard to not over step any rules. I believe that with age comes wisdom, as time goes on people mature and I feel I have aswell but the question still stands; Have I matured to the point to of being allowed another chance to come back to this community? I feel I have expanded my understanding of the rules after reading all of them before submitting this appeal. Furthermore I have a better understanding of what it means to be given a chance and respecting that privilege in every aspect of life.

Reaching the conclusion, I understand that it is a lot of me to ask for another chance with such an extensive record of misbehaviour standing against my case, but I can promise I will try harder than before to stay on the rule abiding side of the line. In addition, I will 
get a more informed look at the FailRP and FearRP rules and improve my attitude when conversing with others, especially staff members. Thank you for sparing your time to read my Appeal.

Evidence: N/A
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Woxy.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
I'll be discussing this internally with HR who reviewed the case - as I was a Stage 1 at the time.

Please bear with me, under review.
After discussing this with HR who reviewed the case, we've reached an agreement on this case. Before I go ahead, I must commend your honesty and the fact that you have been completely upfront, this is something I respect and also something which has been taken into consideration whilst I decided on this proposal.

My offer is as follows.

I will switch out your permanent suspension to one of two weeks. This allows you more than enough time to read over our revised ruleset, ask any questions you feel necessary and etc. In exchange for this, a 6 month probation period will be put into place effective upon the expiration of the 2 week ban, if you accept this offer. During this 6 month probation period, your actions will be closely monitored. Any further punishments will result in an immediate reinstatement of your permanent suspension. Once the 6 months has ended, your probationary period will be lifted.

Due to your record, I cannot consider an alternative offer in good faith without proper justification. Seeing as the probationary period is relatively serious, I will need a confirmation of this offer. Of course you're also welcome to post other general opinions or insight. I hope to hear back from you soon and I thank you for your in-depth apology.
Hello, thank you for your reply and your offer. I would like to raise few point on your offer: I personally dont see the point of a probationary period as if I break any rules, on or off the probation I will still recieve a ban that will probably be permament due to the high number of bans on my record, and also I dont think anyone will actually want to look after me. But being in my position I wont dispute your offer as I feel it is the best offer you have landed me. Although, I feel like the 2 week ban would not make a difference compared to me being unbanned on the spot as having 2 weeks to read the rules is very excessive when I have read through every rule out loud within 20 minutes or so, (plus I am very eager to come back on the servers, Limelight is very addicting). But ofcourse this is only my insight to your proposal. If any of my points have raised your attention, please do get in contact with me, if not, then I am happy to accept your offer. Thank you for considering another opportunity to have me reinstated into the community.
(Apr 9, 2018, 01:49 PM)Woxy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, thank you for your reply and your offer. I would like to raise few point on your offer: I personally dont see the point of a probationary period as if I break any rules, on or off the probation I will still recieve a ban that will probably be permament due to the high number of bans on my record and also I dont think anyone will actually want to look after me.

The point of the probationary period is to simply ensure that no further violations will happen within that period, and obviously if there is, then the permanent ban will be reinstated. Permanent bans aren't just issued as a "oh, you have this many bans now, guess you're getting perm'd now!" - they're only issued on the spot in the event of TOS violations or if you've violated a last chance in my experience. As for who will be supervising the probationary period, that'll be myself.

But being in my position I wont dispute your offer as I feel it is the best offer you have landed me. Although, I feel like the 2 week ban would not make a difference compared to me being unbanned on the spot as having 2 weeks to read the rules is very excessive when I have read through every rule out loud within 20 minutes or so, (plus I am very eager to come back on the servers, Limelight is very addicting).

I can understand how you feel the 2 weeks won't make a difference. However, this is to gently lean you back into the server rather than allowing you back in straight away. During this time, you can go through the forums, check out recent updates, ask further questions in Help & Support if needs be to make sure that when you return, everything goes smoothly.

But ofcourse this is only my insight to your proposal. If any of my points have raised your attention, please do get in contact with me, if not, then I am happy to accept your offer. Thank you for considering another opportunity to have me reinstated into the community.

With the above being said, are you happy to accept the offer?

See my responses in bold.
I still see 2 weeks as being abit overboard after a 10 month suspension but I wont argue with it and I shall take your offer. Thank you for the opportunity.
UBR approved and 2 week ban in place as well as probationary period.

See you soon!