Limelight Forums

Full Version: Any tips with dupes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently i've been wanting to make some dupes, I have already made 2 (rather shitty) dupes and am working on making another one. But I want to see if anyone can give me some tips or advice?
I think the tool I use the most in some of my 200 prop dupes would have to be the precision tool. When people think precision tool they think pushing and pulling props but the tool has so many more features that people don't take advantage of.

Precision move is great for properly putting props together and making it accurate so it looks good. The better you are at this the less you'll need the rotate tool.

Another tip, you can actually change the push pull amount to 0.1 by clicking on the number and typing it in. It's loads more accurate compared to the default 1. Take advance of adv dupe tool to easily copy paste props too. And stacker.

That's all I can think of atm
I tend to find a nice spot to start building then i picture it in my head what i'm going to achieve making this creation (What i want in it in what places) and i just start building and build it up from there. Every now and then i take a look and improve what i have done to get that perfect look.

I'm not a great dupe maker but i try my best.
Making dupes can really only come from imagination. There are a few things that can make it better such as custom prop spawnlists with Prop Pack 3 and REP point prop limits.
Is there anything in mind you need ideas or support with? Tools?
Practice, practice, practice. 

Use the precision tool for slight adjustments and precise (get it?) positioning.

Nothing should be perfect. Even in a federal building there are chairs slightly skewed to sides.

Materials are half the battle. You can have a wonderfully built facility and have shit wallpaper that ruins the mood.

Sometimes smaller means better. Smaller Area = Easier to add detail.
(Apr 15, 2018, 01:55 AM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything in mind you need ideas or support with? Tools?

I am still trying to wrap my head around the elevator tool but I think I will be alright with it. I just wanted to see like any general tips of what you can do to make any build look a bit better. But other than that I think I will be fine, thanks all!
I recommend playing around with some tools seeing what you can do with it. ^.^

Closed and Archived.