Limelight Forums

Full Version: Help with Art/Graphic Design?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking around in the clans forum and theres seem to be alot of amazing Badges/Clan Logos etc , and noticed how people have their own custom wallpapers and stuff , like the sort of stuff GunGranny and Rizion has.
I was wondering , How do people make these? What program , is there a tutorial on this sort of stuff? What is this practise called? Cause im not really sure if its called graphic design , Any information is greatly appreciated , Cheers!
"Graphic Design" is what I classify it is.
Most of us (at least in the Limelight Media Team) use Adobe Photoshop. If it's something you are interested in I recommend grabbing a copy of Photoshop and play around with the tools inside of the program see what you can make.
It’s mostly just fucking about with stuff in any photo editor. I started with an online photo editor, and I then moved onto Photoshop once it was limiting. It’s all basically just doing it. That and the occasional YT videos.
(Apr 8, 2018, 10:15 AM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]"Graphic Design" is what I classify it is.
Most of us (at least in the Limelight Media Team) use Adobe Photoshop. If it's something you are interested in I recommend grabbing a copy of Photoshop and play around with the tools inside of the program see what you can make.

Thanks dude!
(Apr 8, 2018, 02:15 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]It’s mostly just fucking about with stuff in any photo editor. I started with an online photo editor, and I then moved onto Photoshop once it was limiting. It’s all basically just doing it. That and the occasional YT videos.

Cheers man!
dont expect to learn everything in one day or one week. it just comes with time; the more you play with the tools the more familiar you become with using any program, especially photoshop.
Adobe Illustrator for Logos/Text/Banners
Photoshop isn't something I'd suggest unless you're looking to create an animated .gif or for photo-editing
(Apr 12, 2018, 11:40 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]Adobe Illustrator for Logos/Text/Banners
Photoshop isn't something I'd suggest unless you're looking to create an animated .gif or for photo-editing

Actually PS is pretty good for doing graphics. Bambo's work is a perfect example. Only thing it's lacking is easier use of vectors.
(Apr 12, 2018, 11:40 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]Adobe Illustrator for Logos/Text/Banners

my profile pic whilst fairly mediocre was done on PS in 5 minutes.