Limelight Forums

Full Version: Far Cry 5 **MINOR SPOILER**
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So far I've got a good bit of hours into the game. For a Far Cry game it has the staple drug effects, outpost clearing, and the soon to be over-the-top DLC, but I think it has some pretty new things that interest me.

For one, I feel it's a little more human or sadistic than Far Cry 3, 4, and Primal? I think just the idea of an isolated Montana County influenced by a religious cult stopping all communication from leaving, is more of a realistic (Even though the last three games have all been outrageous, and this one isn't an exception) plot than the previous three. The big eye opener for me that this would be different than the other Far Cry games when I thought we were in the clear with Seed in the helo when a cultist just jumped into the blades to stop us. When Seed talked to the Dispatcher, I was blown away to his influence. Of course there is still no realistic way word wouldn't slip out and the Guard would be sent in, but I do like how they hint to how plausible that is.

Don't get me STARTED on the fact that they made this game about side-tracking to new adventures. The amount of side missions I did before the 4th Story Mission is ridiculous. It's almost impossible to just stay with the main story.

The fucking hunting. This shit is awesome. I was raiding an outpost when I got side-tracked (Literally the point of this game) and was chasing an objective when I came across one of the many (I didn't know this at the time) hunters that travel the world. This one had a camp setup with a small tent, a campfire, and some litter of chairs. All he was doing was talking about was fishing, so I was like "Fuck it, I'll try it out." I literally fished for a straight 20 minutes because the world was so calming (This was after I liberated the area). After that I tried some hunting to find out it was a bit more than just shoot=kill. Especially with deer or Elk, you can hit the mid section of their body (I believe is their lungs) and can actually see that not only does the wound seem pointless at first, you can actually follow the animal as it struggles to flee, leaving a blood trail to follow until you can claim your game. I didn't think I would be so interested in hunting and fishing in this game, but the beautiful world helps extremely.

Then there is the minor things such as the character customization I personally enjoy and the bigger use of companions, which has helped me in hunting and actual combat. 

There are some things I've noticed too that I don't enjoy about this either, but I believe they may be fixed over time. Such things as instant spawning enemies in my POV, the lack of "interesting" healing techniques (like using a pair of pliers to take a bullet out of your hand), and the flight controls. Other than those, this is the most excited I've been for a Far Cry game, especially for that chunk of DLC coming out with zombies, vietnam, and fuckin' mars shit.

Anyways, what do yall think of the game so far? If you don't have it, any worries or questions about the game?