Limelight Forums

Full Version: Connection Problems after joining the server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No idea what causes it, as it has worked previously fine.
When i join the server, i imediatly get "Connection Problems"

Like i said, it worker earlier today just fine and i did restart the game.
Can confirm, as well with constant time-outs and time-out in mid roleplay
Idk if this is relevant to this but Malwarebytes keeps on blocking LL as "Rasomware" and "Malware" - this may be happening to you guys too
Well, it literally worked 2 hours ago (yesterday) no idea if it works today. I'll test in a bit.
Yeah, I have the same issues, as does Bambo.

I've been told it may be from running chrome, I've found that doing anything else whilst conneting causes it, so unsure what's actually causing it.
Today it worked. (I have my game fullscreen windowed) and i did not tabbed out today.
Yesterday (everytime while joining) i tabbed out to steam or firefox to skip connection time.

I do not have Chrome installed so that cant be it (for me atleast).
(Mar 31, 2018, 01:14 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I have the same issues, as does Bambo.

I've been told it may be from running chrome, I've found that doing anything else whilst conneting causes it, so unsure what's actually causing it.

I've been using Chrome before this problem, only 1-2 Server time-outs while tabbed out, but nothing of "connection problems" till now
I'm curious to know, I don't know if this is how it works and this is a long shot, but if you had the game fullscreen windowed, is it an application that's recognising the game as an actual game and preventing you from being connected to the Internet? Like Nvidia GeForce? Probably makes no sense what I just said but look around in your settings if you have it.

Also, maybe check your firewall settings? Is this happening with other servers too? Perhaps it isn't allowing outbound packets from Gmod, but is allowing inbound packets, why is why you're still able to see the server list etc. etc.
The thing is, when it works, then it works.
But when its not working then i can restart the PC/Steam etc.. and it still doesnt work.
But if it works, then there's no problem unless i close the game and open it and it might not work again.
Perhaps it's something to do with your hardware.. do you use an ethernet cable or are you connected wirelessly to your router?
Wireless

But the point is, it happens so rarely, so random and I dont do things differently.
(Apr 5, 2018, 12:37 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]Wireless

But the point is, it happens so rarely, so random and I dont do things differently.

It could be a bandwidth issue. How many other devices are connected to your router? And how many people are in your house who are connected to it?
(Apr 5, 2018, 12:37 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 5, 2018, 12:37 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]Wireless

It could be a bandwidth issue. How many other devices are connected to your router? And how many people are in your house who are connected to it?
About 3.
2 people (Usually 1 more)

However.. its just so inconsitent, it happens once a month or so.
It wouldn't be a bandwidth issue if it's just connecting to LL servers, for one day I kept timing out and reloading and then I just restarted my PC and it started working again.
Which is pretty strange.
I don't really know what else to suggest. Maybe  can help with this one?
Pages: 1 2 3