Limelight Forums

Full Version: Workshop downloads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So since some months already garry's mod seems to download shit everyday after starting steam. I've re-installed the game and all the content some days ago (yup I deleted the whole game including the addons folder).

Today my steam just did updates again, 1.1GB. Quite much when you do not have unlimited highspeed internet as I do (so horrible).
It seems like he downloaded some of the LL blob content again as it doubled itself. Could be something else too.

[Image: yTZZ5mS.png]
I was thinking the same thing due to nothing being in the changelogs.

Also I have all the packs downloaded and the server still makes me download them.
The LL content alone already takes nearly 14 GB away from my SSD. This can't be right.

-Edit- 2 minutes later
After deleting the doubled files garrys mod is trying to extract the LL addons download again. 2 minutes ago the LL content alone took 14 GB of space, now it takes 19,5 GB.

No idea who's responsible for the content.

-Edit-

Since I've un-subbed and deleted them, subbed and downloaded them the game now extracts them every single time I start it. Thats for sure.

It seems like the addons remove themselves when closing the game and extracting again when I open it but I am not sure about that.
i have same problem that i see lots of errors
After starting the game it extracts all of the addons. After finishing that, they disappear from the gmod addon folder and it's like I've never downloaded them.

It's entirely broken.
We are aware of your issue, thank you for reporting it. I, myself, will be trying to find a temporary fix for this until the Development team can find a permanent one. If you have any updates please reply on here.

Please be patient whilst a fix is found. Apologies for any inconvenience.

- Cole.
(Mar 29, 2018, 04:41 PM)_Cole Wrote: [ -> ] ,
We are aware of your issue, thank you for reporting it. I, myself, will be trying to find a temporary fix for this until the Development team can find a permanent one. If you have any updates please reply on here.

Please be patient whilst a fix is found. Apologies for any inconvenience.

- Cole.

Great, thanks in advance.
A quick update; I have not yet been able to find a fix as I haven't encountered the issue myself, I will also contact the development team on this and try to find a fix for it as soon as we can. Until then, please remain patient and try to refrain from tagging or messaging the dev-team.
I have found a temporary fix for this issue, simply re-install the old content packs. This won't fix the issue entirely but it will make it at least playable. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

, and .
(Mar 29, 2018, 08:28 PM)_Cole Wrote: [ -> ]I have found a temporary fix for this issue, simply re-install the old content packs. This won't fix the issue entirely but it will make it at least playable. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

, and .

I'll try that out. I guess the game will still try to mount and install the new content pack. Hopefully it does not force me to download the new content during joining.
(Mar 29, 2018, 08:30 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 29, 2018, 08:28 PM)_Cole Wrote: [ -> ]I have found a temporary fix for this issue, simply re-install the old content packs. This won't fix the issue entirely but it will make it at least playable. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

, and .

I'll try that out. I guess the game will still try to mount and install the new content pack. Hopefully it does not force me to download the new content during joining.

installing the old ones fixed it for me, but yes it still tries to download (instantly i may add because it's not actually doing anything) then extracts the new ones
Old addon pack

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=789388268
(Mar 29, 2018, 09:09 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Please see https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...#pid223811

Any update? Is it fixed now or will it take some time? Thanks in advance.
(Mar 29, 2018, 09:09 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Please see https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...#pid223811

Still not working for me D:
Pages: 1 2