Limelight Forums

Full Version: Warning Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Memeimrich

Warning ID:  3442

Issued by: [L²] BlackDog

Reason: Upon crashing, do not rejoin and immediately rejoin a raid in progress. Check with staff or those involved if you may re-engage

Why should it be removed?:  I believe BlackDog's ruling is unfair and should not warrant a permanent warning. I was playing at around 2018-03-12 19:29:02 and I had a base set up on US76. Two FBI agents come up to my house randomly and ask for entry, I decline and they say "Let's roll." and walk off. Almost immediately after they leave my front door, my game crashes. I rejoin the server and make sure to change my job and everything back and as I'm approaching my old house, I see my buddy being arrested and I decided to help him, I start tranqing the people surrounding him and sniping to get him away from the situation. As he's let go, he's pissed decides he wants to kill the few officers on scene and charges at them with a shotgun. I back him up and then try and retreat as he is gunned down from behind and suddenly a voice speaks to me from the sky, it's BlackDog. He claims that I came back into what I didn't know was a raid on my old house as I was returning to buy/replace my dupe on. I had no clue there was a raid going on, I just noticed my buddy (and gang member) being arrested outside the old house. He also claims this is an NLR situation which is NOT  even stated in the rules. I don't see how it's fair for me to be permanently warned about a situation that isn't even in the rules, especially not permanently.

Evidence: N/A
You crashed mid raid, rejoined and began to assault the rear after rejoining.

Under normal circumstances upon a crash,DC or server restart/Crash all raid/kill/kidnap and other various reasons are null and void UNLESS the other party is contacted to agree to continue or to allow others to rejoin the engagement.

To have players crash and rejoin, but rejoin the engagement immediately after rejoining, now attacking from the rear is unfair and somthing to avoid.

In the future as noted ingame: If you do crash mid raid, mid kidnapping and what not contact those involved and check if you may continue where you left off.
Unsure if this is of any help to the situation, but I engaged him prior to him engaging others. I (SWAT) saw him with a weapon by the fence of the white house, and proceeded to engage. He then retreated into the woods which was when you grabbed him.

*Apparently logs nullify this statement - Ignore I guess*
(Mar 13, 2018, 02:16 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]You crashed mid raid, rejoined and began to assault the rear after rejoining.

-Snip-
As I said, there was no raid to my knowledge prior to my crash. I then rejoined and came to replace my dupe at my previously owned property and then I found my friend/fellow gang member being arrested. It had nothing to do with a raid.
Rechecking logs and ingame it can be determined that:

Before you crashed the FBI and their affiliates we're outside the house investigating, after you crashing more arrived.

You rejoined the server, equiped Kevlar then made a straight run to the hillside you we're found on, you then equiped a SCAR-20 and a Tranq rifle, around 20 seconds after arriving you begin fireing on the officers, First tranqing them, then attempting to kill them on the ground, you manage to kill one of them.

Upon more officers arriving you turn your sights on them as well, it was about the time SWAT arrived on the scene when i recieved an @ call about your actions and moved in to inspect it.

This is infact another problem, while yes you can attempt to free a friend being arrested by the police with proper affiliation, you CANNOT just murder the police outright without any semblance of Roleplay involved.

You in this case have attempted to murder upwards to 6-8 officers to free your one friend, whom by rejoining you technicly did not have prior affiliation with due to the situation they found themselves in. The way you move towards the hill and the way you equip your weapons before firing implys to me as well you we're in full contact with the person being held, most likly via a TS or other third party communication system and we're acting accordingly.

Compared to: Rejoining, going back to where you we're and asking whats going on, as if you do not have prior information that police we're at your door or asking to continue where you left off.

Checking your blacklist history, this is not the first time you have attempted to kill police without proper role-play involved.

Thus your warning will be changed to: 

Upon crashing, do not rejoin and run back to an inprogress Police/Criminal situation with imediate hostile/lethal intent. Check with staff or those involved to determine when you may re-enter the situation

and a 4 hour weapons blacklist for an improper use of weapons will be applied for:

Improper use of weapons: Attempting to/Successfully murdering police to prevent a friend from being arrested with no RP attempted in the act

Do you have anything more to say before this is concluded?
(Mar 13, 2018, 04:29 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Rechecking logs and ingame it can be determined that:

Before you crashed the FBI and their affiliates we're outside the house investigating, after you crashing more arrived.

You rejoined the server, equiped Kevlar then made a straight run to the hillside you we're found on, you then equiped a SCAR-20 and a Tranq rifle, around 20 seconds after arriving you begin fireing on the officers, First tranqing them, then attempting to kill them on the ground, you manage to kill one of them.

Upon more officers arriving you turn your sights on them as well, it was about the time SWAT arrived on the scene when i recieved an @ call about your actions and moved in to inspect it.

This is infact another problem, while yes you can attempt to free a friend being arrested by the police with proper affiliation, you CANNOT just murder the police outright without any semblance of Roleplay involved.

You in this case have attempted to murder upwards to 6-8 officers to free your one friend, whom by rejoining you technicly did not have prior affiliation with due to the situation they found themselves in. The way you move towards the hill and the way you equip your weapons before firing implys to me as well you we're in full contact with the person being held, most likly via a TS or other third party communication system and we're acting accordingly.

Compared to: Rejoining, going back to where you we're and asking whats going on, as if you do not have prior information that police we're at your door or asking to continue where you left off.

Checking your blacklist history, this is not the first time you have attempted to kill police without proper role-play involved.

Thus your warning will be changed to: 

Upon crashing, do not rejoin and run back to an inprogress Police/Criminal situation with imediate hostile/lethal intent. Check with staff or those involved to determine when you may re-enter the situation

and a 4 hour weapons blacklist for an improper use of weapons will be applied for:

Improper use of weapons: Attempting to/Successfully murdering police to prevent a friend from being arrested with no RP attempted in the act

Do you have anything more to say before this is concluded?
Ah, yes very fair considering you issued that blacklist 2 years ago (less than a month from two years to be precise). Also, nowhere in the rules does it state that I must initiate direct RP before freeing a fellow gang member from captivity with violence. And lastly, the situation was new to me upon rejoining so you can't say that I rejoined a situation, I didn't need your (or any other staff's) approval to join this situation and free my gang member from captivity by using violence.
Appeal denied