Limelight Forums

Full Version: Martins Diner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[font=Comic Sans MS]- - - - - - Martins Diner - - - - -
[/font]

[Image: Daek7yp.jpg]

Welcome
Welcome to everyone of you: the travers, the locals the lost! Here at Martin´s you all are welcome if you dont cause trouble. We dont care where you come from, what you do or whom you might be running from. Unless you tell us of course. Martin´s is a place thats ment to bring us all together. Wether you need a brake from work, some rest from your roadtrip or else.

[Image: mV0V8fR.jpg]
Of couse you can make custom orders. Please be aware that the prices will be charged without the period.
eg. 3.50=350 | 12.50=1250

Arrival
Martin´s Diner is located on us 76 right at the intersection between Us 76 and Us64. If you arrive by car you can use one of our customer parking spots. If you arrive with public transportation take the bus lines 6 or 14 (direction RTA or Beach) and exit  at the "Willow Creek" Station. Its right next to our parkin lot. If you have a boat we got a small dock right behind our Diner.

Events

We have a small stage in the back and a busted guitar lying around. Thanks to Earls general store we were even able to fit some new lighbulbs for the stage lighting. That means appart from the music running in the background (jsut press e on the tv) we will host smaller events such as karaoke, guitar concerts, poetry slams and open mic nights. Some of them will be spontanious some will be scheduled. The scheduled ones will be listed here.

Announcements
If you want to suggest a special dish feel free to leave a recepie and we might add that dish soon. If you want to request a special song or artist to be added to our jukebox feel free to leave us a note.

Galery
Here you´ll see our lateste Pictures of our guests, our diner and our events. Enjoy!
If you wanna hang up your own picutres feel free to do so. Either send em to me or post em online
(leave a response to the thread)

Ill reserve this first post for special announcements like the following:

Texture Issues?
If you see missing textures or white cubes/deafault textures. Please let me know. Apperently there are clientside glitches with the material, the advanced material and the colour tool if you decide to copy and paste materials or texutres. As they are clientside i might not find all of them. So please help me out. This issue mainly effects the diner booths, the counter and the tables. If they differ from the ones that can bee seen in the galery please let me know.

Music!
Our Diner will allways be running some music. Even without Evoradio we still keep some music running as it makes the experience way more immersive. The overall genre we are aiming for is Rock and Rock&Roll from the 60/70s (context summary: vietnamwar, Moonlanding,nixon presidency etc.) Feel free to suggest anysong even if it may differ. Well put some music to fit the ideal 60/70s roadside diner.

Concerts!
If you know a good artist or if you are musician yourselve you are welcome to use our stage as a public forum. Wether you use a soundboard, add songs through our tv or play some music yourselve. You are welcome. Just keep the music on a decent level (no histeric screaming around, no questionable lyrics [propaganda,inmature,too offensive - anything that would be regulated by sever rules anyway])
If you are not into music you can use our stage for poetry or stand up commedy. Get creativeWink
Love this so much!
Nice Dupe, and smart idea presenting the prices both IC and OOC! Just lovely!
Looks really well built! I wish I could see it but yea .. XD
Very nice build and RP!
It seems like appart from the tables and the diner booth some people had issues/not seeing the material of my parking lot. I used the advanced material toolto copy the concrete driveway of the nearby warehouse. Ill work out a propper texture to replace this one as it seem to have casuse clientside issues. While it is sad that this (together with the poor options i had left for the both textures) are impacting the overall look, i think no one would really enjoy the scenery and the atmosphere ive tried to build up if it would be broken by missing/default texture bits.
Once again please let me know if you see any weitd looking textures as it unfortunatly is a clientside issue that i wont allways be able to detect myself.
Other then that id like to thank you all for anticipating this rp. Ill try to update the menu soon as ive seen some typos and discovered that the cheese burger is of course 9,0$(=90$) instead of 9,00$(900$).
If you wish i could probably post an updated chart i made during the assemlby of the menu listing the ingredients and the production cost (as any order from the menu will get you an equivalent food item - even though chicken nuggets will be substitued trough the "turkey" and the salad will be made out of "carrots" and "beans")
Thanks for all of yesterdays customers. We had a lot of fun and got to know some people. And whilst not all of our encouneters were of the non violent kind, it sure has been a realy enjoyable experience. Below are some pcitures of last night as we had our very first musician performin songs such as a "Fortunate Son" or  Cansas "Carry on My Wayward Son"
[Image: NXmCRMz.jpg]
After half a dozens off robberys brought us a little closer to the men and women of law enforcement, we even had a swat team stopping by to enjoy a coffe and some music.
[Image: rGjvGIN.jpg]
Special thanks to Mumble, Pufittee, Toro, 26 and all the other customers.
Oh and before i forget it: Musicians get their first 2 Drinks on the house Wink
Would love to participate in this RP. PM me when ur on.
Nicely going with all the dupes you've been publishing recently, Marsh! Your creativity never seems to cease. Keep up the good work!
Robbery's eh? In possibly one of the most best restaurant of my time joining LL? It seems President Ford is going to have to get involved.
oh look at my sexy white suit. looks very nice. i was there doing the cha cha slide thats why i was not doing any actions Smile
**************************************Renovations**************************************

Martin´s is currently undergoing maintance (this wont take too long though). But the efforts gonna be wotrth it:
- the lighting for our small stage is undergoing imrpovements done
- the stage is going to be a little wider done
- ill add a interactive guitar (using quick elevators or faiding doors, youll be able to pick up a guitar without me havving to worry about guitars magicly flaoting through the time space continuum) done
- the small counter hatch will be imrpoved
- depending on wether or not the button limit will allow me to do so the bathroom doors will be improved.  done
- Since using a meth stove has caused some confusion and the pots do cost some money im working on a improved stove thats not dependent on the meth one (wip)
- the whole dupe is going to be made a little more propefficient (no major desing changes - dont worry) (wip)
- improving the ad-save (its a nightmare)

Alright i added some decoration, improved the amterials and the doors, added the guitars and added some more lights. However so far im not happy with the lights (as using elevaotrs would prevent them from flickering i have to use faidingdoors that have an awfull visual effect when turned off) and i have to admit that the "functional stove" is still in construction as its really hard to find propper materials and props for that. Ill get there eventually.

Alright a further status update: Unfortunatly the advanced duplicator has significant issues saving textures on Large dupes. Back when i build the Bowling Center it took me around 10 attempts to save the finished building without major texture flaws. This doesnt seem to be uncommon. Afterall thi dupe is built with 260 props. I though off various solutions such as splitting the exterior (the dock, the watertower, the parking lot and the trees...) from the interior into 2 seperate saved. Or using an almost perfect but untexturised save and simoply recolouring it. This sounds like realy easy work but it still takes a long time as recollering 270 props takes a while. And as splitting the dupe into 2 components ould require me to spawn in indentical versions of 1 save and manually deleting up to 200 props in order for the smart weld to work on just one of the components.
Well get there though.
As for the working stove i came up with an idea involving either and elevator or winches. Whilst there are some fitting smoky textures its still hard to find a propper prop. However the whole magic of the smoke effect derives from the movement of the clouds. Therefore i could probably use winches (since they can have 2 different speed settings) to slowly lift non colided stean clouds (patent pendingXD)
Afterall its not profitable or reasonable to use a meth stove as i lost half a dozens of pots occasionaly crashing and as i recently lost a stove too. (7,5k for a stove and 750 for a pot is doable but it doesnt make to much sense)
I hope i can open up with all the new features ASAP.

************************Latest News************************

Most of the Texture Issues have been worked on. The additional lights and fading doors are in place and a better save version is just around the corner. The save still has some issues but nothing that cant be resolved within a short ammount of time. So you can expect the diner to go back to service as regular even though i was not able to construct an immersive non-meth based stove yet. As my game occasionaly crashed  ill not use the meth stove to often as every loss of a stove and its pots will cost me around 10k. A fitting suggestion has been filed to add a civilian stove that could be helpfull see: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-20028.html

Please also support passive/immersive orrientated suggestions such as:
this suggestion for a readded mobile radio based on the mechanism used by our misc TVs
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-20026.html
and
this suggestion for civilian lighting
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-20027.html

and thats enoguh self advertising for nowXD but seriously i think those suggestion would come in quite handy with a large variety of different (mainly passive) roleplays.
It is my pleasure to announce that after tedious renovation i finnaly managed to fix most of the texture issues. That means not only was i able to optimise the diners looks a little but also its performance, meaning that its much faster to spawn in now and better in terms of its mechanics.

[Image: R10gbX7.jpg]

Whilst im not to comfortable with the parkign lot yet its defiantly making progress (the previous one was using a modified copy of the warehouse driveway which could cause clientsided issues)
I also discovered a few more neat tracks from lorefriendly/immersive bands such as credence clearwater revival (they are actually quite enjoyable) to play during business hours, so that you guys can have a nice jam on the now slightly larger stageWink.

And yes this rp will hopefully come up more often now. Thanks for your interest and support.