Limelight Forums

Full Version: Question regarding FearRP at range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the rule says microphone range, but providing I had a means of communicating with them could I mug someone across the map?

For example, say I posted up at a payphone with an AWM. A player walks into my line of sight and I call them with the message "mugging drop 500" (provided that their "phone number" was acquired ICly, of course) and make myself visible. Are they under FearRP?

Second example: I post up and throw a note stating "drop 500 or die" and appear with a sniper rifle.

Third example: I construct a lure going into an area. At the end is a sign that you have to get right up on to read that says "Good morrow, sir. I have a large caliber, .338 Lapua Magnum to be precise, sniper rifle aimed straight at your dome. Please deposit five hundred dollars onto the ground or you shall be dispatched with posthaste! Do not dally, for I have a tingling sensation within my digit which is currently operating the control mechanism used to fire this weapon!" and I appear in the distance aiming my G2 Contender.

Could situations like these be used? Would the person on the receiving end be under FearRP if there is no immediate way to break line of sight? I was told that something like this happened in Batman so it should be realistic.
The idea of mugging someone for tiny amounts of money with something as expensive as an AWM through a method that complicated is inherently FailRP in my opinion.

Also the fact that the microphone range was specifically made to prevent people saying "but I have a sniper and have him under gunpoint so TECHNICALLY he is under FearRP."
(Feb 28, 2018, 11:26 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of mugging someone for tiny amounts of money with something as expensive as an AWM through a method that complicated is inherently FailRP in my opinion.

Also the fact that the microphone range was specifically made to prevent people saying "but I have a sniper and have him under gunpoint so TECHNICALLY he is under FearRP."

The mugging is mostly a joke example, though I think it'd be hilarious to do. Plus you could set up some highwayman-esque system where you're collecting "tolls" via the mugging rules where you don't necessarily have to put yourself in immediate risk. Again, though, they're really just examples. 

I'm just wondering if a clear and present threat with some form of communication that isn't necessarily through your microphone, or at that range, could still be used to place someone under FearRP in a reasonable scenario.
(Feb 28, 2018, 11:58 AM)monk Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 28, 2018, 11:26 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of mugging someone for tiny amounts of money with something as expensive as an AWM through a method that complicated is inherently FailRP in my opinion.

The mugging is mostly a joke example, though I think it'd be hilarious to do. Plus you could set up some highwayman-esque system where you're collecting "tolls" via the mugging rules where you don't necessarily have to put yourself in immediate risk. Again, though, they're really just examples. 

I'm just wondering if a clear and present threat with some form of communication that isn't necessarily through your microphone, or at that range, could still be used to place someone under FearRP in a reasonable scenario.

With the current rules, it can only be enforced within microphone range. You are free to attempt to do this anyway and some players might play along for the sake of RP but can't be enforced as a FearRP rule as it clearly states within microphone range only without exceptions.
Alright, figured I'd run it by some staff to check.
Do you have any further questions ?

Exactly ^

You can do what you're thinking of, but there is no reason to believe it's FearRP as you NEED to be in mic range to issue the order.
(Feb 28, 2018, 05:00 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any further questions ?

Negative.
Closed