Limelight Forums

Full Version: Warning appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: 
Kvatch

Warning ID: 
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]3410[/font]

Issued by: 
[L²:M] 26

Reason: 
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]Do not move when under FearRP or within striking distance.[/font]

Why should it be removed?: 
The accuser approached me as I was towing his RV in Rockford woods. Everything below is a rough estimation of how it went. Here's how it went: 
Accuser: "What the f*** do you think you're doing?".
Kvatch: "Your RV is illegally parked on the grass, so I'm towing it".  
A: "There are no parking rules outside of the city" (roughly what he said)
K: "It doesn't matter, it's illegally parked"
A: "You still wanna tow it?" *pulling a knife out, apparently within striking distance which I disagree upon*
** I begin to back up, taking myself out of harm's way. Keep in mind he hasn't told me to stay still or ordered anything. He starts to swing the knife, so I keep backing up. If I was within striking distance, he would have hit me at this point, which he did not.
** I pull out a Desert Eagle and aim it at him, telling him to stop. He doesn't stop and keeps swinging the knife, so I shoot twice at his chest (breach of Fear RP).
** He stops swinging at me at this point and backs up. An officer pulls up beside us and I ask him to arrest the man with the knife. I have a government worker pass which excuses my Desert Eagle, and the fact that I was towing his vehicle as I worked for the Impound Lot.

This is exactly how it happened, and I deeply regret not having Shadowplay. I can assure that after this I'll be installing it again to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I think I should have the warning removed as I began to back up from the knife, knowing that this would remove me from harm's way. If the man had told me to stop moving, I would have. I get into situations like this all the time and I know when I'm told to stop moving and my life is in danger, I must stop moving. I did this, knowing of rule 2.1, and knowing he would be unable to harm me if I moved out of the way. I didn't run, I just backed up to take myself out of immediate danger so I could pull the desert eagle out and defend myself, which in my opinion isn't in violation of the rule. When I pulled out the Deagle, I ordered the man to stop, which I believe would mean he has to stop, so if anyone should get the warning, it's him. He didn't stop, so I shot him twice in the chest.

Evidence:
No evidence from me or the accusing party of the original situation, however, 26 said there's evidence he cannot disclose as it's part of their secret admin powers to be able to pull evidence out of nowhere and use that against me. Apparently, this "evidence" will be used against me during this appeal.
The evidence used against you in this case has been deemed classified by HR. 

It was explained to you in-game that you were in violation of FearRP an that you would be receiving the punishment of a permanent warning and you agreed. We had three members of staff tell you the same thing. Due to the evidence we have an that it cannot be released publicly, it does show the sufficient evidence needed to keep the permanent warning issued. 

I'll get  to explain what he seen before a conclusion on this appeal is done.
-snip
With the evidence I was given it seems you were within striking range when he had a knife and you had your hands.
With that being said the appeal will be denied. 

Denied.