Limelight Forums

Full Version: The F1 menu..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll start this with a 2 questions. Is the F1 menu heavily server-side scripted and could it be revamped to be more client-side scripted? I'm asking this because I wanted to know if we had the F1 menu as a client-side heavy script instead of a server side heavy script, it would cause less lag? Could we remove some aspects of the F1 menu to make it easier to load? How about splitting the F1 menu into the loading screen, then having a separate function on F4 to change jobs, manage inventory, etc. Most people only use the f1 menu to change job or look at their inventory most of the time, but loading it also means loading the welcome page and all of the other tabs that come with it, which makes it hard to do a simple task like change jobs, leaving some players scared of crashing when they open it. What are your thoughts on this? Could a suggestion be written to solve these issues?
A new F1 is planned and in the works and should load much faster and with less issues compared to our current one.
(Feb 24, 2018, 10:01 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]A new F1 is planned and in the works and should load much faster and with less issues compared to our current one.

Are you able to elaborate on this or is that against non-disclosure?
(Feb 24, 2018, 10:35 PM)kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 24, 2018, 10:01 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]A new F1 is planned and in the works and should load much faster and with less issues compared to our current one.

I won't go into too much detail until I've finished coding out the front-end but our basic goal is to handle it the same way we plan on implementing our new HUD, using local web languages to make designing easier and faster. This should drastically decrease initial load time as the F1 won't need to link to our webserver to pull additional pages. There are also UI changes that will make inventory management more logical and faster to use.
(Feb 26, 2018, 05:37 AM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 24, 2018, 10:35 PM)kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]

I won't go into too much detail until I've finished coding out the front-end but our basic goal is to handle it the same way we plan on implementing our new HUD, using local web languages to make designing easier and faster. This should drastically decrease initial load time as the F1 won't need to link to our webserver to pull additional pages. There are also UI changes that will make inventory management more logical and faster to use.

Any knowledge of an estimation of when well get this new HUD and F1 screen? Just a rough month?
We've had staff members busy with IRL obligations for the past few weeks which have delayed release some, my hope is to have it out within a few weeks at the soonest. The earliest a new F1 would probably be out is by the end of March unless we end up moving through it quicker than expected.
Any updates?

Because the F1 sometimes unresponsive.
(Apr 26, 2018, 05:06 PM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]Any updates?

Because the F1 sometimes unresponsive.

Any updates?

Is it still being worked on?

Can we see some pics of it?