Limelight Forums

Full Version: What further transparency would you like to see?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm a simple man, and I make simple threads.

In the latter stages of 2017, the community made it very apparent that they'd like to see more transparency from the staff team. We've been discussing it internally and have been attempting to be more transparent where possible, and have recieved some good feedback pertaining to this so far. We're still looking to improve however;

With this in mind, is there anything specifically you'd like us to be more transparent with? If so, what exactly?

Of course not everything can be transparent for various reasons, but we are listening.

*Please keep this thread on topic* 
I would personally like to see more transparency with staff vacation time or leave. Same goes for teachers and anyone else that has the option. Something like how FL has it. A public inactivity thread where only staff can post their inactivity in a reason. Should get rid of some salt and tell players that they’re our for a reason.
(Feb 19, 2018, 05:21 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]I would personally like to see more transparency with staff vacation time or leave. Same goes for teachers and anyone else that has the option. Something like how FL has it. A public inactivity thread where only staff can post their inactivity in a reason. Should get rid of some salt and tell players that they’re our for a reason.
I believe this got added not too long ago, if you set yourself away in your profile it'll appear on the team page like:
https://gyazo.com/c51cd61bda62a6c1d9684cb2f32edbe3
and to find the reason if they've specified visit their profile page.
(Feb 19, 2018, 05:36 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 19, 2018, 05:21 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]I would personally like to see more transparency with staff vacation time or leave. Same goes for teachers and anyone else that has the option. Something like how FL has it. A public inactivity thread where only staff can post their inactivity in a reason. Should get rid of some salt and tell players that they’re our for a reason.
I believe this got added not too long ago, if you set yourself away in your profile it'll appear on the team page like:
https://gyazo.com/c51cd61bda62a6c1d9684cb2f32edbe3
and to find the reason if they've specified visit their profile page.

I’d still rather see something more public like a thread under Announcements. It should just be a simple moving of the current inactivity threads to Announcements.
transparency is a joke at this point, that fucking argument of 'Admin Discretion' which likes to answer my @ calls with then pull out his internet to avoid me. very nice yes
(Feb 19, 2018, 06:02 PM)IVNT Wrote: [ -> ]transparency is a joke at this point, that fucking argument of 'Admin Discretion'  which likes to answer my @ calls with then pull out his internet to avoid me. very nice yes

Provide proof I pull my internet out to avoid you or politely don't slander me please and thank you Smile

I've raised that with HR and will ask them to get back to you on that. I quite like that idea. That being said, please bear in mind some of the reasons for inactivity can be very personal and in some of the situations I've seen, the last thing we want is people asking questions all the time because of vague responses. Just something to keep in mind.
(Feb 19, 2018, 10:44 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]

I've raised that with HR and will ask them to get back to you on that. I quite like that idea. That being said, please bear in mind some of the reasons for inactivity can be very personal and in some of the situations I've seen, the last thing we want is people asking questions all the time because of vague responses. Just something to keep in mind.

That's why it should be locked to the people that can fill it out (Staff and Teachers). It would be more or less just something like "Going on leave for family matter" or "Personal reasons". Detailed reasons shouldn't be asked for and if people have a problem with that, they can get over it. The team member had the courtesy to tell the whole community he is unavailable. Let's not question it.
What Soviet mentioned is a great idea.
(Feb 19, 2018, 10:47 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

That's why it should be locked to the people that can fill it out (Staff and Teachers). It would be more or less just something like "Going on leave for family matter" or "Personal reasons". Detailed reasons shouldn't be asked for and if people have a problem with that, they can get over it. The team member had the courtesy to tell the whole community he is unavailable. Let's not question it.

Yeah that's a compromise I'm happy with. Anyway, it's in HR's box of things to look at. I imagine you can expect a response here soonish.
(Feb 19, 2018, 08:15 PM)Porg Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 19, 2018, 06:02 PM)IVNT Wrote: [ -> ]transparency is a joke at this point, that fucking argument of 'Admin Discretion'  which likes to answer my @ calls with then pull out his internet to avoid me. very nice yes

Provide proof I pull my internet out to avoid you or politely don't slander me please and thank you Smile

its happened 3 times, i PM u, oo u time out
(Feb 19, 2018, 11:13 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 19, 2018, 10:47 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah that's a compromise I'm happy with. Anyway, it's in HR's box of things to look at. I imagine you can expect a response here soonish.

Xcellantro
(Feb 19, 2018, 11:20 PM)IVNT Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a coincidence not proof. Lots of people PM me, if I decided to time myself out every time that happened id have to do that a lot
(Feb 19, 2018, 11:51 PM)Porg Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 19, 2018, 11:20 PM)IVNT Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a coincidence not proof. Lots of people PM me, if I decided to time myself out every time that happened id have to do that a lot

I'm fairly sure Jono asked to stay on topic in this thread literally in the original post lmao
I need updated pictures of Temars yacht to show how well my donation money is being spent.
Pages: 1 2 3