Limelight Forums

Full Version: Limelight Media Team - 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Gw0eOyf.png]

What has changed since the initial thread and the one made after it?
When the initial thread was made, it served more as a foundation for the Media Team with assisting Limelight find a person who is capable of leading it. The one that was made after served as an announcement to recruit more members to the Team.

Now, with this announcement the Media Team has gone through a restructuring and creation of new policies and a guide. To do such changes we had to start from the beginning, meaning all previous members of the team had to leave it.

We have planned it so the team works better, as a team and also added a new role called "Cinematography".

Our current roles are; Video Producer, Audio Producer, Writer, Graphics Designer,Cinematography and Trial Member.

What will "Cinematography" do?
For video producers to edit videos, we require footage and Cinematography is a role just for that! We of course require the person in the role to be recording high quality videos with no additional effects on the video.

What is a "Trial Member"?
Trial Member is a role where we give tasks to the person as he/she increases in talent or shows us what they can do. They do not have a forum rank as they are not a member of the main team yet.

How is the application process going to be?
As our previous Application thread was hidden like a pirate's treasure in the forums, we wanted to improve on that.
The Media Team will be accepting applicants always, but we will be reminding you the means to apply monthly and to add to that, we have added a policy for the existing members to refer people to the team. Also for previous applicants, do you remember the long form with a bunch of tasks in the end? Well, that's changed!

The applications, although not the initial ones, will also be open to a team discussion with the Managers deciding in the end. 

Wait, does that mean I have to apply again?
Yes, sadly.

Where do I apply?
From here!
I wish I was able to be or have the time to learn how to be a proper video producer. Editing videos in such a way it would seem professional but enjoyable for the user group you're trying to reach out to would be cool for sure. However, I am sure there are a handful of skilled members in the community who can fulfill that position.

Nonetheless, good luck with the refreshing of the media team. We can't wait to see more quality content being published. Smile Thumbs Up
Time to reapply!
do u even get paid or is it a scam
(Feb 17, 2018, 10:37 AM)IVNT Wrote: [ -> ]do u even get paid or is it a scam

New policies have more detail on that. I don’t know if I’m allowed to say what they are or not, but I can tell you it’s not a scam.
(Feb 17, 2018, 04:32 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

New policies have more detail on that. I don’t know if I’m allowed to say what they are or not, but I can tell you it’s not a scam.

my friend didn't get mula but ok
(Feb 17, 2018, 05:10 PM)IVNT Wrote: [ -> ]

Payment is only given (From what I've seen) to quality content that is obvious to see time was put into it. Pushing out half-assed stuff won't get you paid, but spending time on a video or a poster can get you a little pocket change. At least, that was how it was before. Now as I've said, new policies have come out to divide this and make it a little easier to know who gets paid and who doesn't.
From the policy area, for clarification;

COMPENSATION & DEVELOPMENT
In this section, we outline our guidelines for compensating members according to their member positions and projects.

COMPENSATION STATUS

There are three types of positions within the media team:
  • AfP (Approved for Payment) Member Position
    These members have been approved to be able to sign up for paid projects or are available for such projects that are approved by the Manager(s) that require at least more than 3 hours in total. These members have given the managers proof of identity and also contact and payment information.
  • Non-Paid Member Position,
    These members work on volunteer projects, development requests and assist other members.
  • Trial-Member Position,
    These members work on projects that allow them to grow in experience and also work towards getting a position within the main team.
We remind you that although you work on projects or request, you won’t be paid unless it’s approved by the Managers. Work not given by Managers and work not passed on to Managers do not count as work done and also do not count in participation.

To be in the AfP Member position, reach out to the Manager(s).

The policy and media team handbook will be shared with the public in the upcoming days.
(Feb 17, 2018, 05:35 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

Payment is only given (From what I've seen) to quality content that is obvious to see time was put into it. Pushing out half-assed stuff won't get you paid, but spending time on a video or a poster can get you a little pocket change. At least, that was how it was before. Now as I've said, new policies have come out to divide this and make it a little easier to know who gets paid and who doesn't.

so what some people do, isn't quality? You heard it first, if u sign up ur work might get called shit basically
(Feb 18, 2018, 09:21 AM)IVNT Wrote: [ -> ]

so what some people do, isn't quality? You heard it first, if u sign up ur work might get called shit basically

It’s called quality control. You put out shit, you aint get shit. Or in polite terms, you don’t meet our standards, it won’t be used.
(Feb 18, 2018, 09:21 AM)IVNT Wrote: [ -> ]

Please read my post above for more detailed information.

When it comes to quality within the media team, I trust in my members to do their best but sometimes it doesn't work out in the beginning, that is when we give constructive feedback, of course the way feedback works is all dependent on the way the member recieves it. We do not call work "shit", we see it as something that can be improved upon. We work with the member to have the work reach to it's potential. That is the training part we provide.

Up until recently we had a different way of tracking what works could be paid for but works that took less than 3 hours and that was done for a small thing is not something that I would deem payment worthy. 

Let me explain what I mean when I say small thing.

The titles from; https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-19711.html

[Image: jbm3z40.png]

These took me less than 20 minutes, although repetitive it was easy and I only used a text. Font wasn't original.

Even then this would count as a voluntary project but I'm using this as an example.

Quality is not the only aspect in payment. There is one more I've listed above but even then, there is more aspects that decide if a work should be paid for.

if your friend messages me I can explain further with them in mind.
I may apply for graphics this time.