Limelight Forums

Full Version: University
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I got an unconditional offer for uni, Mans very happy

Anybody else going to uni this year? If so where ya going? What ya studying?

I’m going to University Of South Wales, studying Advertising Design.
(Feb 8, 2018, 08:09 AM)Innovative Wrote: [ -> ]So I got an unconditional offer for uni, Mans very happy

Anybody else going to uni this year? If so where ya going? What ya studying?

I’m going to University Of South Wales, studying Advertising Design.

Well done man! I really hope you get more out of it than I did haha. My best advice for you is to remember you're their customer so bug the shit out of all your lecturers if you want something cos you pay their wage Smile
Nice job!

I'm currently at Southeastern Louisiana University, Majoring in Criminal Justice and a Minor in Graphics Design.

Also trying to join Student Government Association in the Judicial Branch, and Gamma Beta Phi.
I'm in the University of Manchester, studying Chemistry. :>
(Feb 8, 2018, 06:16 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the University of Manchester, studying Chemistry. :>

How tf does chemistry even work o.0.
It's like witchcraft to me
OIT, studying Mechanical Engineering like my idol
(Feb 8, 2018, 10:55 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 8, 2018, 06:16 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the University of Manchester, studying Chemistry. :>

(Feb 8, 2018, 10:55 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]

This will help.
What do you mean with unconditional offer?
Are there conditional offers?
If so, what do they entail?
(Feb 9, 2018, 02:22 PM)Haamster Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean with unconditional offer?

Unconditional offers mean you are guaranteed a place based on your current qualifications
Conditional means you will be given a place based on getting grades in subjects you are currently studying for

e.g. I have 2 conditional offers right now, to get into Uni I need 2 B and a C for maths, physics and engineering.
(Feb 9, 2018, 02:22 PM)Haamster Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean with unconditional offer?

Most offers are conditional. They initially offer you an interview and potential place based on your predicted grades and grades in the past, but to actually get in you need to achieve the grades the uni wants e.g "You will be given a place at our university given that you achieve grades at least AAB in A-Level" is a conditional offer.

Unconditional means that before you complete your A-Level/IB they have already told you that no matter what happens you will have a place. So you don't need to stress about your exams relative to the conditional offers.
(Feb 9, 2018, 03:32 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]

Most offers are conditional. They initially offer you an interview and potential place based on your predicted grades and grades in the past, but to actually get in you need to achieve the grades the uni wants e.g "You will be given a place at our university given that you achieve grades at least AAB in A-Level" is a conditional offer.

Unconditional means that before you complete your A-Level/IB they have already told you that no matter what happens you will have a place. So you don't need to stress about your exams relative to the conditional offers.
^ summed up to perfection, luckily I was able to get accepted on portfolio, not academic grades.
What the fuck did I just watch?
(Feb 9, 2018, 03:32 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah, I see!

The Swedish system is quite... different  Sweating Laugh

Here it's not actually the university that accepts you, it's a government institution that governs all applications and the requirements are based on grades from upper secondary (high school) as well as specific courses that are necessary for the program (ex. math and physics for engineers).

A lot of our universities don't have grades for classes either, they are normally only pass/fail, with some exceptions, mostly international focused programs as well as engineering. So having conditional acceptance wouldn't really make sense as most universities already have a set minimum pass before you're either forced to retake classes or simply get thrown out.

EDIT:
There are normally two entry periods, one before you graduate (first draft), which I guess would be similar to "unconditional entry". As we don't have final exams in the Swedish curriculum (everything is course based, similar to uni but you have all subjects at the same time.)

Then there's second draft, which normally takes place just before uni starts, at which point you can apply a second time in case there are people who rejected their offers from the first draft.

Thanks for clearing it up! Smile

Make me meth papa
Pages: 1 2