Limelight Forums

Full Version: Events
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Overview:
We are looking for some sensible and doable ideas for events that you, the community, want to see hosted or created. We need your best and greatest ideas, we will choose a select few of the ideas put forward (the ones that we think will be the most interesting) and then create those events in order to host them sometime in the near future. We have a few ideas down of which will be kept secret for this moment in time.

Recommendations:
        >  Try not to use the entire map, unless necessary;
        >  See where and when you could possibly use emitters or anything else that would enhance the said roleplay;
        >  Possibly have something that could be won at the end of the event, for example, some cash or an in-game item (not required).

Here is the template for suggesting an event:
Code:
[b]Name of event:[/b]
[b]Brief description:[/b]
[b]Possible Administrative tools required:[/b]
[b]Area of map:[/b]
[b]Any other information (if none: N/A):[/b]
Is basically for people who are too lazy to put a concept into reality by making a thread in the event forums
I think that a REP is enough of a reward, certainly people shouldnt attend to just get ingame Items and if someone gets driven by that then it will be bad.
That Dead City event was pretty good. Would love to see a part 3 of that
Mid/late 2018.
Events should be held more often. I've had so many ideas but no one really wants to do any of them. I have a few dupes too. No one cares to apply for events on the forum, which is annoying.

Everyone likes VaultRP.
CaveRP.
Flood RP.
Titanic RP.
Infection RP.
Storm RP.
Occupation RP.

So many possible events, yet no one can bother to do them.

Also admins, mods, and teachers should make up their own ideas and take the initiative ingame. In my opinion, events are my favorite thing to do on CityRP. Not shitting on you or any of the staff / teacher team, but seriously there are so many creative minds there.
Also what's the problem with using the event server to host events? I remember back in the day there would be an event like pretty much every two weeks. We had this awesome Medieval RP on a different map with different skins. We had a Titanic RP on a map with the actual Titanic, and we've have a few Vault RPs on maps with actual vaults. Yeah it's awesome to host little mini events on the servers like maybe having a vault in the Rockford Garage (), but it always makes us stand out when we have people hop on the event server for a change. I'm aware that there's been events on there before, but why not make them happen more often? I for one love writing event threads and would happily join any event for the hell of it, like I said it's my favorite part of CityRP, but it hasn't happened in a while.

I'm aware I'm being picky, but events on this server are something I hold dearly. I'm just a little annoyed that the teacher team (and staff) have(s) to ask the player base for ideas for events when they could easily start one in minutes, or write up an event thread themselves and call it a day.

_____

Also moving onto another topic while I'm here: the lack of roleplay. Now don't get me wrong, there's always some type of roleplay going on on the server, but it's to the point where no one really notices (obviously excluding the rare clan RP and government RP). But other than that, the only roleplays I see are the occasional shop RP, food stand RP, restaurant RP, you know, the regular stuff. And hey that's completely fine! But there just seems to be a lack of initiative. Now we could go into a major discussion about the initiative of RP, but that's for another thread - all I'm going to say is that it's kind of bullshit that people say they don't roleplay for points, yeah there are the select few but when it comes down to it, people roleplay for points, so there should be some major REP objectives to go for (like a special uniform or car that requires 15 to 20 REPs). Going back to the main point. Limelight is a roleplay server, therefore people should roleplay. Having events often causes players to have initiative to roleplay, soooo we need more events.

Reppin' .

TL:DR read it, it's important.
(Feb 7, 2018, 08:24 AM)Falcon Wrote: [ -> ]Also what's the problem with using the event server to host events? I remember back in the day there would be an event like pretty much every two weeks. We had this awesome Medieval RP on a different map with different skins. We had a Titanic RP on a map with the actual Titanic, and we've have a few Vault RPs on maps with actual vaults. Yeah it's awesome to host little mini events on the servers like maybe having a vault in the Rockford Garage (), but it always makes us stand out when we have people hop on the event server for a change. I'm aware that there's been events on there before, but why not make them happen more often? I for one love writing event threads and would happily join any event for the hell of it, like I said it's my favorite part of CityRP, but it hasn't happened in a while.

I'm aware I'm being picky, but events on this server are something I hold dearly. I'm just a little annoyed that the teacher team (and staff) have(s) to ask the player base for ideas for events when they could easily start one in minutes, or write up an event thread themselves and call it a day.

_____

Also moving onto another topic while I'm here: the lack of roleplay. Now don't get me wrong, there's always some type of roleplay going on on the server, but it's to the point where no one really notices (obviously excluding the rare clan RP and government RP). But other than that, the only roleplays I see are the occasional shop RP, food stand RP, restaurant RP, you know, the regular stuff. And hey that's completely fine! But there just seems to be a lack of initiative. Now we could go into a major discussion about the initiative of RP, but that's for another thread - all I'm going to say is that it's kind of bullshit that people say they don't roleplay for points, yeah there are the select few but when it comes down to it, people roleplay for points, so there should be some major REP objectives to go for (like a special uniform or car that requires 15 to 20 REPs). Going back to the main point. Limelight is a roleplay server, therefore people should roleplay. Having events often causes players to have initiative to roleplay, soooo we need more events.

Reppin' .

TL:DR read it, it's important.

Events are really important. They drive players and give experiences that you do not normally have on our servers. Since the start of LimeLight security measures and access have restricted more people being granted access to event servers to manage them. We have a fairly small development team that has other priorities, and unfortunately this results in a lack of custom events. It's no secret that staff activity is at an all time low as well, leading to even less events.

While we do have plans to have more events, as well as more custom and interesting events in the future, there is no saying when we will have the time to do so. Of course any player or staff member can still host an event, and hopefully receive plenty of support from teachers as well as staff members.

We are working on adding more REP rewards. The last addition was the buggy for 11 reps. With how the rep system works now we need to add some more items to fill the gaps that we left. Role play on the server is still lacking in my opinion, especially compared to the LimeLight earlier days. Hopefully more REP rewards help, but in my personal opinion it's just the attitude of the current player-base. I used to love to trow small events, but there is a lack of RP now, or participation.
Just gonna be direct in this one. This shouldn't be a discussion. That template should be added to a subforum under Events, titled Event Suggestions. Someone make this a thing.

Great job on the template and concept. Make this a real thing, not a discussion, but a form with submit area.
(Feb 7, 2018, 10:48 PM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]Just gonna be direct in this one.  This shouldn't be a discussion.  That template should be added to a subforum under Events, titled Event Suggestions.  Someone make this a thing.

Great job on the template and concept.  Make this a real thing, not a discussion, but a form with submit area.

I don't see why this shouldn't be a discussion. It's in a discussion thread. It's very important to talk about these things.
The main point of this thread to get your opinions on what events or roleplay scenarios you'd like to see on Limelight.
But if this was a real submit form, then you could just go browse the ideas. When you see one you like, you move that form, make it happen, then complete the form in the rp threads. It would streamline the process.

Not saying your discussion can't also take place. I'm saying make this a forum feature in addition.