Limelight Forums

Full Version: Dev Blog #1 - All About U and I
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here's the new look at the hud design for those interested. Everything has remained relatively unchanged as far as structure is concerned. I apologize for the crap gifs, had to use Gyazo on my laptop.

[Image: 886889e31f1f1737bf4a0182e185ec22.gif]
Radio indicators have been added to the top left and light up to indicate when you are transmitting or receiving radio comms. Passes and the lockdown notification are also displayed here.

[Image: e9723196a6ba3f7670ab334ec5351e70.gif]
Vehicle hud info is relatively unchanged other than styling.

[Image: 8c5ec794a028230beaf38a5307a71fbd.png]
Critical hud info on the bottom left is also relatively unchanged other than its styling. The health and stamina bars have been merged to single bars as opposed to the three bar approach (makes coding it a lot easier).

[Image: 149af79358d68bb6cb3d6bb41757e2f1.png]
That's the view of the full hud, you can click here to view it fullsize: https://i.gyazo.com/149af79358d68bb6cb3d...57e2f1.png
(Jun 20, 2018, 04:34 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the new look at the hud design for those interested. Everything has remained relatively unchanged as far as structure is concerned. I apologize for the crap gifs, had to use Gyazo on my laptop.

[Image: 886889e31f1f1737bf4a0182e185ec22.gif]
Radio indicators have been added to the top left and light up to indicate when you are transmitting or receiving radio comms. Passes and the lockdown notification are also displayed here.

[Image: e9723196a6ba3f7670ab334ec5351e70.gif]
Vehicle hud info is relatively unchanged other than styling.

[Image: 8c5ec794a028230beaf38a5307a71fbd.png]
Critical hud info on the bottom left is also relatively unchanged other than its styling. The health and stamina bars have been merged to single bars as opposed to the three bar approach (makes coding it a lot easier).

[Image: 149af79358d68bb6cb3d6bb41757e2f1.png]
That's the view of the full hud, you can click here to view it fullsize: https://i.gyazo.com/149af79358d68bb6cb3d...57e2f1.png

So the question we all want to know, when will it be added?
Noble. Are you going to change the Martial Law just temporary as an example or will it stay when released.

(I'm going to trigger people for this)

It's a simple thing I know but Martial Law is military taking control yada yada. I'm not fussed but it's something. Probably just only me, but still. A suggestion could be State Of Emergency is in effect, return to your homes. Even though State Of Emergency doesn't restrict you to stay at home necessarily but that accuracy doesn't matter.

I should also mention that is looks amazing and i'm very excited.
(Jun 20, 2018, 07:29 PM)Jeff Ford Wrote: [ -> ]Noble. Are you going to change the Martial Law just temporary as an example or will it stay when released.

It's a simple thing I know but Martial Law is military taking control yada yada. I'm not fussed but it's something. Probably just only me, but still. A suggestion could be State Of Emergency is in effect, return to your homes. Even though State Of Emergency doesn't restrict you to stay at home necessarily but that accuracy doesn't matter.

It can be changed to anything easily, just had some requests to change the text since people weren't really fans of calling it a 'lockdown'.
Damn Noble, back at it again with dem fresh looks. Do I need to have staff for animated parts of the HUD or is that gonna stay for all players?

Beta salti memes boi
The animated parts of the HUD will work for all players - I'm currently working with Noble's design and rigging it all to work in-game. We'll be using a new method to display the HUD that hopefully both looks and performs better than the old one, and should avoid the lag issue of the web pages in the F1 menu. If this works successfully, I'll then apply the same technique to the F1 menu in order to fix the lag some people experience - long term we may look to overhaul the entire F1 menu, but due to how I have to translate Lua actions over to JS in quite some detail for that, this is a long way off as we have other updates scheduled first.

As for release schedule, this should release hopefully sometime next week if I don't get called out to a work trip again, and if it passes quality control in time.
(Jun 20, 2018, 07:29 PM)Jeff Ford Wrote: [ -> ]Noble. Are you going to change the Martial Law just temporary as an example or will it stay when released.

I can change this to 'City lockdown is in effect' or something similar for now. Seeing as we're using a more dynamic HUD though, it is perfectly possible to allow players to define the lockdown message that will appear on HUD - this could be a nice little extra touch for more unique RP, but we probably won't add it immediately on release. One problem we've had in the past is scope creep making updates take far longer due to a mix of internal staff and player suggestions. Now we're sticking to the design specs much more closely, and it's really helping us to build up a whole series of updates in a scheduled plan. Not perfect, but an improvement.
(Jun 21, 2018, 02:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]

I can change this to 'City lockdown is in effect' or something similar for now. Seeing as we're using a more dynamic HUD though, it is perfectly possible to allow players to define the lockdown message that will appear on HUD - this could be a nice little extra touch for more unique RP, but we probably won't add it immediately on release. One problem we've had in the past is scope creep making updates take far longer due to a mix of internal staff and player suggestions. Now we're sticking to the design specs much more closely, and it's really helping us to build up a whole series of updates in a scheduled plan. Not perfect, but an improvement.
maybe now when u do /lockdown itll have a menu pop up with some premade messages and a custom option too
Honestly don't get caught up in little things such as custom messages for a lockdown, etcetera. Focus on instead broadening the scope of this UI overhaul
Would like to see the Lockdowns mean something to be honest. Something more than just red text.
(Jun 20, 2018, 07:35 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]

It can be changed to anything easily, just had some requests to change the text since people weren't really fans of calling it a 'lockdown'.

Indeed. Not really a fan of lockdown either. Thanks noble!
(Jun 21, 2018, 02:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]

Very true my good sir.
*Heckin Big Cough*
Love it
Pages: 1 2 3