Limelight Forums

Full Version: Mr.Marsh´s Building Hub [Discussions, Tutorials, Suggestions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Building Hub

Lets talk about building! With the recent expansion of the prop/rep limit, and the LL Prop Pack 3 feauturing 1070 unique and usefull props Large scle Building Projects and rps keep getting more common. Therefore i decided to open a small forum to discuss, share and suggest different types of projects we are working on.

How does this work?
I thought we could slit this topic into three categories:

Discussion
Are you curious about a certain idea, project or a certain roleplay. Leave your ideas and comments as a reply.

Tutorials and Help
Ever struggled with a certain mechanic or tool? Ever wondered why something is not working the way you though it would? Are you this close to complete your build but you cant find that one dammed prop to complete it. If you looking for help, instructions or just the name of a prop/material you can leave a reply [titled
"Help"]

Suggestions
Sometimes you wish to do a certain roleplay but you lack the dupe or you dont have enough times/props to build the dupe you thin you would need. In this case you can always leave a reply [titled "Suggestion"] to this threat giving a suggestion in which you briefly detail your project.

Blueprints
Want to share a certain idea or concept: share your blueprints by leaving prictures and descriptions in a reply labeled "Blueprint"

Please labled suggestion- or help-replys as such so it will be a bit easier navigating through this Hub. Since this is supposed to be a open forum/hub everyone is free to reply to everyone. So if you spot someone seekign help or discussing a topic you like or you got some experience with just join the discussion.

Please keep one thing in mind
There is no such thing as the one, correct way to roleplay. Some ideas you may like while some ideas might not interest or rather bother you. Keep in mind that the roleplay we experience on the server is a result of cooperation rather then competition. If you dont like a certain concept leave it alone or be constructive with your criticism

[font=Arial Black]Note:
This project is brand new and therefore far from perfect. I just realised that so far we dont have a thread or subforum dedicated to building issues. It is possible that this threat gets too little attention to be propperly recognised and discussed on. People who would benefit the most from it (people with questions etc) might not find this post directly. Therefor ill either write a suggestion to add a new subforum section (eg. a subforum titled "building" in the roleplay section) or jsut try to link to this thread.
[/font]

[Blueprint]

The Prison Break

I recently thought about prison roleplay. So far i have a bunch of other projects in mind and in developement but i thought ill give you a first example of a blueprint. I just hope its understandable

[Image: 6JDhP5z.png]

The most suitable position for a prison would be somewhere on a highway side. Most likely US76. All the highway sides are slightly uneven which means youll have a lot of smaller gaps and holes to use to hide stuff. For example a sewer tube that can be fitted in the small ditch next to Us 76.

This sewer tube could be the perfect way to escape for a prisoner and enhance an ongoin prison Rp.

I realise that this suggestion is very specific and might be hard to apply. But i though it might give you some inspiration as similar mechanism can easily be used for a larger firefighter rp where rescue units would have to free a person from rubbles, or for a bank heist rp where whoever puts up the bank dupe could implement this as a gateway for an entertaining heist rp.
Ill promise there will be simpler blueprints too.

If you have questions or suggestions regarding this idea feel free to comment
The Power Tower (Ride)
*coming soonWink
(Jan 28, 2018, 02:55 PM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ][Blueprint]

The Prison Break

I recently thought about prison roleplay. So far i have a bunch of other projects in mind and in developement but i thought ill give you a first example of a blueprint. I just hope its understandable

[Image: 6JDhP5z.png]

The most suitable position for a prison would be somewhere on a highway side. Most likely US76. All the highway sides are slightly uneven which means youll have a lot of smaller gaps and holes to use to hide stuff. For example a sewer tube that can be fitted in the small ditch next to Us 76.

This sewer tube could be the perfect way to escape for a prisoner and enhance an ongoin prison Rp.

I realise that this suggestion is very specific and might be hard to apply. But i though it might give you some inspiration as similar mechanism can easily be used for a larger firefighter rp where rescue units would have to free a person from rubbles, or for a bank heist rp where whoever puts up the bank dupe could implement this as a gateway for an entertaining heist rp.
Ill promise there will be simpler blueprints too.

If you have questions or suggestions regarding this idea feel free to comment

Thats funny, i had a similar idea in my head when i was building a prison to do this very roleplay. I didnt have any idea how i was gonna make the tunnel accessible to prisoners in a hidden way. I just started browsing around the forums and found this. Although ive been building my Super Max Prison in the Rockford Lake, Alcatraz style, US76 was were i was gonna do it if i had not gone with the lake. Great minds think alike aye
(Jan 28, 2018, 02:51 PM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestions
Sometimes you wish to do a certain roleplay but you lack the dupe or you dont have enough times/props to build the dupe you thin you would need. In this case you can always leave a reply [titled "Suggestion"] to this threat giving a suggestion in which you briefly detail your project.

Might want to fix it saying 'Threat' and not 'Thread Wink