Limelight Forums

Full Version: Weapon Nerf's & Buffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have posted two LL suggestions for Two Guns the .500 Magnum and the M16A4 and i have also been looking at some other older and newer posts on weapons and the most common thing i see is ''we already have something similar to that'' or ''we dont need any more weapons'' in my opinion this is starting to get old just because per say and im not calling you out on this Doctor internet but When people say something such as doctor internet did on the .500 Magnum suggestion 'Basically the MR96'' this is wrong the only similarity's between the two are that they are both revolvers end off the two both have their own uses, positives and negatives and their own way of use and what enviroment to use them in leading me to another issue i see with Weapon posts/suggestions is ''we dont need anymore guns'' to me this is also incorrect yes we have pages upon pages of different weapons to use but no one uses them Because they are us-less, under powered or your no getting enough Bang for your buck which leads into another discussion of weapon balance some guns need buffs some need Nerf's some are fine as they are the one main problem i see is that is see no G3A3's and i love that gun but or per say the MAC-11 classic stapple for criminal's but no one uses it becuase it's terrible or even the SCAR-20 that gun use to be amazing a great weapon for sniping but now it got nerfed and yes it was op but it got nerfed into the ground making it again us-less theres no point because for the same price range i could buy an AR or something else that's automatic or heavy hitting, i dont feel that there is an even spread of use for weapons 

So bellow post your thoughts on weapon buffs, Nerf's and how we can make all of them usefull
LL is not a hyperrealistic shooter and we dont need weapons that are basicly the same on the Server.

You also said that there are weapons that nobody is using, adding more weapons wont help with that.
(Jan 24, 2018, 06:43 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]LL is not a hyperrealistic shooter and we dont need weapons that are basicly the same on the Server.

You also said that there are weapons that nobody is using, adding more weapons wont help with that.

i knew someone would give a response like this which is why i also included the discussion of weapon Buffs, nerf's and alround balancing
The weapons are fine at the moment. I don't see any issues so far. The only things I would change would be the damage the Beanbag Shotgun does (If it still does damage) to be lower.

I would like to see many different changes to our PvP system in a whole, but this isn't the place for those misc. suggestions.
(Jan 24, 2018, 07:32 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]The weapons are fine at the moment. I don't see any issues so far. The only things I would change would be the damage the Beanbag Shotgun does (If it still does damage) to be lower.

I would like to see many different changes to our PvP system in a whole, but this isn't the place for those misc. suggestions.
i Dont often if at all use the Beanbag so i couldn't give any input for it but doesnt it one shot to the head or something cant remember how the bean bag works
(Jan 24, 2018, 07:45 PM)LONEWOLFGAMER6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 24, 2018, 07:32 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]The weapons are fine at the moment. I don't see any issues so far. The only things I would change would be the damage the Beanbag Shotgun does (If it still does damage) to be lower.

i Dont often if at all use the Beanbag so i couldn't give any input for it but doesnt it one shot to the head or something cant remember how the bean bag works

It does, but you have to be right on their ass for it to be 100% chance of knockout.
(Jan 24, 2018, 06:43 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]LL is not a hyperrealistic shooter and we dont need weapons that are basicly the same on the Server.

^^^^

This is an RP server, not Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
(Jan 24, 2018, 10:05 PM)Vatipää Wrote: [ -> ]

^^^^

This is an RP server, not Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

More like Arma 3
Guns work and theres no weapon atm thats too OP.
(Jan 25, 2018, 06:27 PM)LONEWOLFGAMER6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 24, 2018, 11:55 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]Guns work and theres no weapon atm thats too OP.

Yes they all work just not on the same level because all you see is people wondering around with a SCAR-H or an AR-15 or something else like that.

The main problem i see is that there is literally no point in buying a lot of the weapons when you could get something else take for example the Desert eagle and the manhurin MR96 or the old choice between an AK or an AR-15 people choose certain weapons because they are better than others and for what seems like a very minimal price gap between weapons, the problem i see is and of course everyone has their preference to what weapon they use, and i can respect that you know it's an opinion and an opinion can't be wrong in most cases, but back onto topic, you never see someone use a glock because it's cheap and dosn't do a lot of damage or the MAC-11 Because yes it fires fast but does low damage or the Scar-20 which used to be godly it was every rich persons weapon of choice but since it got nerfed 6ft under to where it remains today, no one uses it because it's to pricey for what you get which, yes it's an OK weapon but in reality there really isn't any point because let's be honest your not getting a really powerful DMR that shoots .338 with a high price on it your Getting a moderately Ok rifle with a high price tag on it that feels like it's shooting 5.56.

which leads to price's needing to be dropped to which discussion is open or weapons being re balanced or something else.
If anything, prices should be increased due to the current economy on Limelight. If they were lowered it would mean people would buy more guns and more ammunition and trust me, there is enough shooting already.
(Jan 25, 2018, 07:10 PM)_Cole Wrote: [ -> ]If anything, prices should be increased due to the current economy on Limelight. If they were lowered it would mean people would buy more guns and more ammunition and trust me, there is enough shooting already.

yeah we are kind of stuck in this weird median of weapons aren't powerful enough for their price so drop the price but then guns become to cheap and all you'll see is Aggressive rp but then when we increase prices yes it reduces the amount of shooting's and other aggressive rp's alike but then it promotes grinding and long, long hours of work to be able to do other rp's that are enjoyable which i reckon will drop the number of new players because a lot of the time new people aren't all that interested in doing passive Rp all they really what they really want to do is make their way up the food chain by robbing, Drugs or money printing and then if we do increase the price's ultimately all the Vet's and the long time players of the server will be the king's, the tops of the food chain.
I said no to the M16A4 because it's already creatable in game using the AR-15 with the AR-15 mod. The A4 is basically just a rail system.

I said no to the magnum because we already have two, why do we need a third at this time? A lot of the other guns aren't used because of their various limitations and some of them have bugs.

Now I've always been a fan of having variety in methods to kill people, but the guns generally already function, as opposed to our very bad melee selections that are basically just carbon copies of one another, some not even functioning correctly.

What I would love to see in new weapon ideas, is actual new weapons that we don't already have. We only have a double barrel and a pump shotty, so where is semi auto? We have all these AR-15 platform ARs to use, where are the bullpups or even the chinese knock off weapons? Could even work on making the concealable vs non concealable line. Sporting rifles too, they are far more realistic in a citizen role anyway. Where are the non-lethal options like pepper spray, stun guns, melee range hand tazers for civs, even pepper ball launchers? Hell, where is the paintball gun so we can play "war" without killing one another.

Just sayin, there are a lot of options to weapons that don't include more of the same or similar content.

See what I'm getting at?