Limelight Forums

Full Version: Limelight Branding Guidelines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
blue is chill.
is it possible to make a toggle so we can choose what theme we want or does that not work
(Jan 23, 2018, 11:15 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to make a toggle so we can choose what theme we want or does that not work

We don't have any plans to make new themes for a forum design we plan on overhauling in the near future
(Jan 23, 2018, 11:31 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 23, 2018, 11:15 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to make a toggle so we can choose what theme we want or does that not work

We don't have any plans to make new themes for a forum design we plan on overhauling in the near future
Then copy the theme and add the orange look, so it has LimeLight - Orange and Linelight - Steel.
I’ve already spoken to Noble about that and the main issue is that it’s double the templates to keep updated, which means more work put it for no reason.
(Jan 24, 2018, 01:10 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 23, 2018, 11:31 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]

Then copy the theme and add the orange look, so it has LimeLight - Orange and Linelight - Steel.

Already made a suggestion on it but it got denied instantly.
As stated by and , Creating two themes/"Legacy" to run side by side for a colour change isnt feasable enough to implement. It creates alot more work that is needed and opens the forums to Vunerabilities if one does not include said patches/fixes.

These forums are a temporary stand for the new layout created by (Which a cheeky screenshot was posted further up) which will fully replace this when finished.

Thanks,
Vadar
Why cant it be reverted then? I'd personally make a vote; if the majority of the player base dislikes the colour scheme, revert it until the new theme is made.
(Jan 25, 2018, 04:36 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]Why cant it be reverted then? I'd personally make a vote; if the majority of the player base dislikes the colour scheme, revert it until the new theme is made.

That can probably be arranged for AFTER the whole new forum is laid out. Right now you don’t have a realistic preview of it.
Not to mention that if it was put up to a public vote it'd probably still pass with a majority. I understand that people don't like the new color on this forum but it's temporary as we move into the new forum design. Personally, I wouldn't want to waste web development time with creating a new theme just so this can be brought up again in the future.

If you don't like the new theme, sit tight and wait for the final site design to be completed and you'll see why we decided it best not to continue forward with the orange color scheme.
Not sure if its been mentioned or not but are the little bars above like "Developer" and stuff going to be changed to the appropriate color and the Names of People? edit: Forgot Contributor was blue hmmm, Maybe Change the color of Contributor and Make the Membership rank the new Blue?
(Jan 25, 2018, 10:09 PM)Envy Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if its been mentioned or not but are the little bars above like "Developer" and stuff going to be changed to the appropriate color and the Names of People? edit: Forgot Contributor was blue hmmm, Maybe Change the color of Contributor and Make the Membership rank the new Blue?

They are being changed.
Pages: 1 2 3