Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> [L²:RP] Marvin Hampton, [L²:RP] Vadar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reported Players: [L²:RP] Marvin Hampton (STEAM_0:1:61799055), () [L²:RP] Vadar (STEAM_0:1:56701992), ()
Server: Rockford
Time: 2018-Jan-22 13:30
Summary: These two players were police officers at the time and stormed my house without a warrant.

They later came back and raided me with a warrant, and the reason for the warrant was "shots fired". But I only shot because they raided me without a warrant.

I contacted Nightmare in-game, 1 hour went by, and then he left. So I decided to post it here.
Evidence: https://youtu.be/SaRqomursRk
The police sergeant at the time had asked for a warrant from the president as there was what he said a man inside with a gun which he had chased in there previously. Now he roleplayed sending a video of this captured from his police body camera.  That being said the President denied this warrant on the grounds of insufficient evidence. 

Our characters members of the law were worried the safety of the public was being put in danger due to us being unable to search the house. I did in character request a meeting with the president which he said 'Not at the moment'. Therefore due to the following: 

-Man inside with a gun which we were fully aware of.
-Worried about the members of the public 
-Frustrated with the way this man was going to get away with his crime. (Having a firearm in a state which forbids this. I also check to see if anyone had requested a permit for a firearm. This was negative.) 

Due to these reasons, Vadar found an unlocked door to the back which we entered to assure our own peace and minds that the public was safe.  Entering we check every room until we came to this one. When you opened fire upon us we retreated as we didn't want to be in any danger without the sufficient backup which we called straight away and then requested a warrant. 

10.1 - You need probable cause to search a property. You must acquire a search warrant before entering the property unless there is an
RP reason you must enter ASAP – e.g shots fired, lives in danger, suspect evading police ran into property, etc.

Yes. you are correct this isn't the correct practice for a police officer to take which you could have called up in character. 

I would also like to question your third person abuse whilst we were walking in. I'm not sure this is against the rules I would have to check but it does appaer to give you an unfair advantage.
I think Marvin has pretty much summed up the entire thing. I'd like to note aswell as Marvin as it seems although quite brief that you were abusing 3rd Person to see over your prop built wall. Now you delt with this in-game. I take it since there was no verdict delivered that it is concluded ?

Thanks,
Vadar
I deemed that the Sergeant didn't metagame, as he saw the OP run up the ramp, which was extremely close to the area of the original crime that was committed that started all of this.

I won't be making the verdict on this case as I'm involved in it (I was the President at this time) and I don't want to act biased.
(Jan 22, 2018, 06:21 PM)Marvin Hampton Wrote: [ -> ]The police sergeant at the time had asked for a warrant from the president as there was what he said a man inside with a gun which he had chased in there previously. Now he roleplayed sending a video of this captured from his police body camera.  That being said the President denied this warrant on the grounds of insufficient evidence. 

Our characters members of the law were worried the safety of the public was being put in danger due to us being unable to search the house. I did in character request a meeting with the president which he said 'Not at the moment'. Therefore due to the following: 

-Man inside with a gun which we were fully aware of.
-Worried about the members of the public 
-Frustrated with the way this man was going to get away with his crime. (Having a firearm in a state which forbids this. I also check to see if anyone had requested a permit for a firearm. This was negative.) 

Due to these reasons, Vadar found an unlocked door to the back which we entered to assure our own peace and minds that the public was safe.  Entering we check every room until we came to this one. When you opened fire upon us we retreated as we didn't want to be in any danger without the sufficient backup which we called straight away and then requested a warrant. 

10.1 - You need probable cause to search a property. You must acquire a search warrant before entering the property unless there is an
RP reason you must enter ASAP – e.g shots fired, lives in danger, suspect evading police ran into property, etc.

Yes. you are correct this isn't the correct practice for a police officer to take which you could have called up in character. 

I would also like to question your third person abuse whilst we were walking in. I'm not sure this is against the rules I would have to check but it does appaer to give you an unfair advantage.
Alright. You make it seem like I was a terrorist and possessed a threat to a dozen of people when all I did was to point a gun at an officer who tried to arrest my friend. That gun was nothing more than a five-seven. After I had successfully released my friend we drove far away. I was an anarchist at the time, and thus I wore a mask which makes me unidentifiable. I later came back to the same place and saw the police lights, so I took a shortcut 100 meters away from where you guys were standing. I ran up the hill and that's when one officer saw me. Now I get that he could match my clothes with the suspect, but keep on reading. Once I had made my way up, I quickly entered my house. About thirty seconds later, a cop car drives around the neighborhood and finally parks outside my garage. It's very unrealistic that he knew that I lived there. Sure, he could have identified my clothes but he could in no way identify my door because he had not seen it before. 

After countless of efforts by the police officers to get a warrant to search my house, they decide to sneak into to my house without a warrant. Now, this would be okay if you had seen me run into the house or if you had heard shots fired inside the house. None of which are true. There were no lives in danger as that doesn't fit my goal. I am a thug and I only wanted to help my friend get released from a cop.

All that I have written is true and proves that storming my house without a warrant was in no way valid. You shouldn't even have known that I was there in the first place.
(Jan 22, 2018, 07:34 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]Alright. You make it seem like I was a terrorist and possessed a threat to a dozen of people when all I did was to point a gun at an officer who tried to arrest my friend. That gun was nothing more than a five-seven.
[Image: 492f40ff3b9287f01ba0cf4949687f98.png]

(Jan 22, 2018, 07:34 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]After I had successfully released my friend we drove far away. I was an anarchist at the time, and thus I wore a mask which makes me unidentifiable. I later came back to the same place and saw the police lights, so I took a shortcut 100 meters away from where you guys were standing. I ran up the hill and that's when one officer saw me. Now I get that he could match my clothes with the suspect, but keep on reading. Once I had made my way up, I quickly entered my house. About thirty seconds later, a cop car drives around the neighborhood and finally parks outside my garage. It's very unrealistic that he knew that I lived there. Sure, he could have identified my clothes but he could in no way identify my door because he had not seen it before.
This issue was resolved by Nightmare.

(Jan 22, 2018, 07:34 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]After countless of efforts by the police officers to get a warrant to search my house, they decide to sneak into to my house without a warrant. Now, this would be okay if you had seen me run into the house or if you had heard shots fired inside the house. None of which are true. There were no lives in danger as that doesn't fit my goal. I am a thug and I only wanted to help my friend get released from a cop.
The prior allegation was resolved by Nightmare. If that was valid, technically they had due cause to raid you. You held up an armed officer, at gunpoint.

(Jan 22, 2018, 07:34 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]All that I have written is true and proves that storming my house without a warrant was in no way valid. You shouldn't even have known that I was there in the first place.
Again, this was resolved by Nightmare. The warrant was valid.

Furthermore. The only infraction your evidence shows, is from your own side.

Player Report Approved
Closing Notes: ZooM will be issued a warning for abusing 3rd person, along with a strong reminder to all that using 3rd person to look round, over or through your defences to gain a tactical advantage in combat is classed as exploiting.