Limelight Forums

Full Version: Heavy Rescue Winch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Server [Rockford/Build/Event]: Rockford
Description: You can pull the Heavy Rescue truck, if the parking brake is off, with the winch. Also, it should be made retractable, at the very least, as it causes issues sometimes when driving.
Bug observed since: Since the update was released. 
Steps to Reproduce: Release the parking brake in the truck, get out and then pull the winch (this pulls the truck down the road).
Thank you for your bug-report, _Cole!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
I think it is meant to pull the truck if the parking brake is off as that brake is what kind of locks your wheels from rolling. It would only make sense that it would need to be turned on if you want to pull something.
What I mean is, you can grab the hook of the winch and pull it by walking down the street.
Had a few mishaps with this earlier.

Put the handbrake on in fire truck, pulled winch to another car, as soon as i let go of the winch it threw the firetruck at my face.
I think thw winch should give slack when it is being handled/carried, and when it is let go, the length doesnt change.
(Jan 21, 2018, 07:31 PM)_Cole Wrote: [ -> ]What I mean is, you can grab the hook of the winch and pull it by walking down the street.

Aah ok. I don’t know if this can be fixed because of Gmod physics. Maybe just make the truck heavier? If not, I don’t see it as an issue right now. Seems minor and you should have the parking brake on either way. Maybe you can’t use it if parking brake isn’t activated?
Cole Wrote:Description: You can pull the Heavy Rescue truck, if the parking brake is off, with the winch.
I think there's a similar issue with the tow truck. Not fixable.

Cole Wrote:Also, it should be made retractable, at the very least, as it causes issues sometimes when driving.
Put the hook on the front board. Turn the magnet on. It sticks to the board, off the road.

Can't Fix / Not a Bug. Closed.