Limelight Forums

Full Version: Setting up the Voice radio (Re made)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I re made a video by  as his video was unavaliable; I managed to throw this together in 10 minutes and I hope it helps some people Big Grin

Could I get some feedback on the video to see what I could improve on?
Video was great! Good Job!
Support on Commands would be great however, thank you for setting this guide up, .
(Jan 6, 2018, 05:47 AM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]Support on Commands would be great however, thank you for setting this guide up, .

I'll take that on and try to update this in the future!
Thank you for the feedback!
(Jan 6, 2018, 12:30 AM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Could I get some feedback on the video to see what I could improve on?

Take this constructively please

I disliked the video, it gave a good idea of what to do but seemed very dire quality especially for a media team member.

A couple very rookie mistakes that I found just from watching now are:

The use of text that is the same colour as the background making it hard to make out

Use of an annoying quick zoom in and out preset effect instead of highlighting it as you did with suit zoom

The dramatic changing of font size from a respectable fitting size to a size that takes up the whole screen

(extra)  The use of an esc picture straight from google instead of a quick one made in PS or just ESC within the text. (really annoyed me as to the point that you are a Media Team Contractor and really shouldn't need to pull a shittily cut out picture straight from google)

Positives:

Neat look to the start of the video especially the blurred background which accompanies the white font nicely

Nice backing music

I quite liked the part where you highlighted the suit zoom section instead of zooming, I wish you would have done that for the previous steps or something less jolty

The fade of both sound and video in sync at the end gives a smart professional look to the ending
(Jan 6, 2018, 07:49 PM)LilSnek Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 6, 2018, 12:30 AM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Could I get some feedback on the video to see what I could improve on?

I disliked the video, it gave a good idea of what to do but seemed very dire quality especially for a media team member.

This was made under the name of Quest and therefore was not affiliated with LL; this is also why I have never uploaded any of my content because more is expected from me. In addition I find that remark incredibly disrespectful considering I wrote this before you could even see the video: 
Quote: I managed to throw this together in 10 minutes and I hope it helps some people [Image: biggrin.png]

The use of text that is the same colour as the background making it hard to make out
I actually changed the colour of the text at a last minute because you couldn't make it out in a certain part of the video
Use of an annoying quick zoom in and out preset effect instead of highlighting it as you did with suit zoom
It wasn't a pre-set, it was key-framed thank you very much Smile
The dramatic changing of font size from a respectable fitting size to a size that takes up the whole screen
Can you tell me where in this video it happens?
(extra)  The use of an esc picture straight from google instead of a quick one made in PS or just ESC within the text. (really annoyed me as to the point that you are a Media Team Contractor and really shouldn't need to pull a shittily cut out picture straight from google) Like I said, this video wasn't made in the name of Limelight; it was made in the name of "Quest" and therefore does not need to keep up with the standards of Limelight. It's not a really "shittily cut out" picture from google and was actually edited in photoshop. I am also not a graphic contractor, I'm a video contractor; perhaps you could help me out with that next time Big Grin

Positives:

Neat look to the start of the video especially the blurred background which accompanies the white font nicely

Nice backing music

I quite liked the part where you highlighted the suit zoom section instead of zooming, I wish you would have done that for the previous steps or something less jolty

The fade of both sound and video in sync at the end gives a smart professional look to the ending
In conclusion I think you miss-interpreted this video as something that was supposed to look professional and was made for Limelight and yes it was made to help the users of Limelight but it wasn't made in the name of Limelight. Hence the "Quest" text at the start. The video was made in 10mins with 1min of recording including the intro, rendering the intro; making the text etc and finding the picture of the ESC. It was made to replace Gamepro's video which seemed to go missing. I'd like to see what you could make in 10mins considering you told me previously that you were good at creative things like this.
Thanks 
-Quest Smile
(Jan 6, 2018, 07:55 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]

This was made under the name of Quest and therefore was not affiliated with LL; this is also why I have never uploaded any of my content because more is expected from me.

I see, just an issue on my side understanding what this was for Big Grin

I actually changed the colour of the text at a last minute because you couldn't make it out in a certain part of the video

I still believe parts of the video have text that is hard to make out for some people especially at 0:17 and 0:18

It seemed like a preset due to the joltiness, cmon, you could have tried

The size change from 0:02 to 0:03 is dramatic and not needed. If you were to keep it the same size or at least a little bigger, not as big as it is, then it would look a little less rookie as I said earlier

(extra)  The use of an esc picture straight from google instead of a quick one made in PS or just ESC within the text. (really annoyed me as to the point that you are a Media Team Contractor and really shouldn't need to pull a shittily cut out picture straight from google) Like I said, this video wasn't made in the name of Limelight; it was made in the name of "Quest" and therefore does not need to keep up with the standards of Limelight. It's not a really "shittily cut out" picture from google and was actually edited in photoshop. I am also not a graphic contractor, I'm a video contractor; perhaps you could help me out with that next time Big Grin

Again, an issue on my side with understanding what this was for. About helping you, I guess I gotta actually get that form finished Big Grin

Positives:

Nice backing music

[/quote]
(Jan 6, 2018, 08:09 PM)LilSnek Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 6, 2018, 07:55 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]

This was made under the name of Quest and therefore was not affiliated with LL; this is also why I have never uploaded any of my content because more is expected from me.

I see, just an issue on my side understanding what this was for Big Grin

I still believe parts of the video have text that is hard to make out for some people especially at 0:17 and 0:18

It seemed like a preset due to the joltiness, cmon, you could have tried

The size change from 0:02 to 0:03 is dramatic and not needed. If you were to keep it the same size or at least a little bigger, not as big as it is, then it would look a little less rookie as I said earlier
It was not obstructing anything and the "Quest" part was in a different font.

Again, an issue on my side with understanding what this was for. About helping you, I guess I gotta actually get that form finished Big Grin
Well fair enough
Thank you for the tips Smile
[/quote]
[quote pid='210521' dateline='1515262392']

It was not obstructing anything and the "Quest" part was in a different font.
[/quote]

Not once did I say it obstructed anything, I simply said it was annoying how the size kept changing dramatically