Limelight Forums

Full Version: Disconnect: Client 5 overflowed reliable channel..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Server [Rockford/Build/Event]: Rockford
Map (if not default):
Description: happened 2 times now and everyone is getting kicked for Disconnect: Client 5 overflowed reliable channel..
Bug observed since: Now
Images/Screenshots:
Steps to Reproduce:
Thank you for your bug-report, Gamerpro2266!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Involved

Same thing happened to me around the same timestamp, too.

[Image: 6A89027AFB6B9BA016E044239A3FEC22DDC99AB2]
Same here. Once for Client 15, then for Client 14.
This issue is being investigated, personally I think I know the cause but I wont go further until we're certain
I got it too
Well, don't know if this helps at all to solve the issue or smthn. Back in the days when I owned a shitty DarkRP server, I had addons. One day someone came on it with a hack called Bridgehack, then he could kick people with that message, like there was an option to "kick admins" and they'd get kicked with that message. (This might be not whats happening but that's my experience with this message.)
(Dec 30, 2017, 12:55 PM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]This issue is being investigated, personally I think I know the cause but I wont go further until we're certain

I've got respect to those who can keep certain things confidential, however, if it is the cause you're thinking of; will we be notified of what it was in case it was something malicious?
(Dec 30, 2017, 11:01 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 30, 2017, 12:55 PM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]This issue is being investigated, personally I think I know the cause but I wont go further until we're certain

I've got respect to those who can keep certain things confidential, however, if it is the cause you're thinking of; will we be notified of what it was in case it was something malicious?
I mean it can be anything tbh it could just be an error, I know the damage logs if too many shots are registered can do this.

I personally think it's related to the hacker ban from last night but im not sure. I can find evidence either way but this wasn't something that affected clients
(Dec 31, 2017, 12:17 AM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 30, 2017, 11:01 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

I mean it can be anything tbh it could just be an error, I know the damage logs if too many shots are registered can do this.

I personally think it's related to the hacker ban from last night but im not sure. I can find evidence either way but this wasn't something that affected clients

Gotcha, well at least that cleared that up a bit. I was able to play perfectly fine today so... it seems it's fixed for now. Thanks for the reply! Smile
We are still investigating.
From what I’ve have seen and experienced before it sometimes occurs when there is too much data sent to the server at the same time from the client, hence “overflowing” the reliable channel.
Closed.