Limelight Forums

Full Version: Warning appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Dan

Warning ID: 3275

Issued by: [L²]/[L²:M] Termin

Reason: Overuse of force on a stuck suspect. Only shoot if theyre a threat

Why should it be removed?: Gopnik had run over Sourlemon and started a pursuit as a mechanic. Fired on the his car but he fled. I hopped in a cruiser and gave chase to him. He was driving very recklessly, and had just killed an officer.
I was within the bounds of rule 11.7
Quote:11.7 - You cannot kill unarmed people or those who no longer pose a threat (injured, unconscious, handcuffed, etc). The only exception is if there is a dictator who orders an execution or capital punishment for an appropriate crime has been issued. You can shoot at fleeing vehicles only if the drivers are armed and dangerous or if they are clearly a threat to citizen/officers with the way they are driving.

Obviously he was a threat to officers, as he had just killed one of them with his driving. Deadly force was authorized on the suspect. He had just killed an officer, so I was clear to assume he was armed and dangerous and was out to kill me too. I ended the thread. 

Evidence:
[Image: a04GSLRFTn2k-S4l_nRy1Q.png]
The vehicle was stuck, he had driven off the cliff. He was unarmed, there was no one around apart from yourself on the top of the cliff.

Quote:11.7 - You cannot kill unarmed people or those who no longer pose a threat

I have spoken to two other members of staff who have agreed.

Video shows gopnik using his vehicle as a lethal weapon to run over and injure an officer resulting in death. 
    • 11.7 - You cannot kill unarmed people or those who no longer pose a threat (injured, unconscious, handcuffed, etc). The only exception is if there is a dictator who orders an execution or capital punishment for an appropriate crime has been issued. You can shoot at fleeing vehicles only if the drivers are armed and dangerous or if they are clearly a threat to citizen/officers with the way they are driving.
I am fully aware of the CDM, and the player was punished accordingly.

At the time of the killing, the vehicle was stuck, the player was unarmed and there was no one around who was able to be threatened by a stationary vehicle. The player could have been arrested safely however was killed.
(Dec 29, 2017, 11:07 PM)Termin Wrote: [ -> ]I am fully aware of the CDM, and the player was punished accordingly.

At the time of the killing, the vehicle was stuck, the player was unarmed and there was no one around who was able to be threatened by a stationary vehicle. The player could have been arrested safely however was killed.

How are we supposed to know he is unarmed? We did not search him at any time during the interaction to determine he was unarmed.
You don't assume everyone has a weapon and kill them when they break a law.
Hi there Dan,

I was one of the two staff members who reviewed the case against you prior to you being brought into the sit.

Having known that Gopnik wasn't armed, nor could he pose a threat to you down there as he couldn't drive away (his car was pretty much totaled in the ravine, meaning he couldn't move) and he couldn't go anywhere. You were safe to instruct officers to get down there to attempt an apprehension, but instead you decided to open fire when he posed no threat of danger towards anyone, which is why I approved of the issuing of the warning.

After discussing this case with Termin privately and reiterating the key facts, I'm satisfied that this punishment was not excessive, and holds basis and as a result, this appeal is denied.

Thank you for your appeal.

Cheers,
[L²:M] Nightmare