Limelight Forums

Full Version: ZooM | Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: ZooM 

Ban ID: 6442

Banned by: [font=Consolas,][L²:M] roxas[/font]

Server: Rockford_v2b

Ban Reason: Excessive use of lethal force. (Backseat administration, wtf?)

Why should you be unbanned?: 

This is what happened. I was standing on the road, close to the sidewalk, and I had been doing that for a while. A speeding car hits me and almost kills me. What did I do? Yeah, you guessed it, I shot back at the vehicle that almost killed me. The most logical thing to do right? You have to stop the speeding and recklessly driving vehicle to not hurt anyone else and to bring them into custody, and I did this by using my only tool for this, my AR. I shot at the vehicle that was driving away. The vehicle turned and drove against me, it was so close to hitting me again and killing me. So I continued to shoot until the vehicle had stopped. Now I saw a dead man, I didn't know who it was but I impounded the car and PM'ed the owner to let him know where the car was.

I knew that I had done nothing wrong and I was not expecting an admin sit. I get teleported up by Roxas and they told me that I had broken against the rule called "Excessive use of lethal force". How is it that when I almost got killed? Lethal force is a last resort, and if I am that close to dying, I am sure as hell going to use it. Now in the reason for the ban it said that I got almost cdmed. It's not like he missed and didn't do any damage to me. He hit me and pushed my health bar to critical condition.

A 3-day ban when I have done nothing wrong is itself wrong.

Evidence:
Not needed, everything I said is shown in a recording by IvirCheetham. Nothing can be denied.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, ZooM.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
(Dec 26, 2017, 08:10 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]Why should you be unbanned?: 

This is what happened. I was standing on the road, close to the sidewalk, and I had been doing that for a while. A speeding car hits me and almost kills me. What did I do? Yeah, you guessed it, I shot back at the vehicle that almost killed me. The most logical thing to do right? You have to stop the speeding and recklessly driving vehicle to not hurt anyone else and to bring them into custody, and I did this by using my only tool for this, my AR. I shot at the vehicle that was driving away. 

And this is the point both and I tried to explain you. You were a police officer. You had plenty of other options in stopping the vehicle, if you really thought he was a threat. 

The vehicle turned and drove against me, it was so close to hitting me again and killing me. So I continued to shoot until the vehicle had stopped. Now I saw a dead man, I didn't know who it was but I impounded the car and PM'ed the owner to let him know where the car was.

The driver of the vehicle was about to drive away, because he got shot at. He did not turn into your direction. He backed out the Shell Station and "ran for his life".

I knew that I had done nothing wrong and I was not expecting an admin sit. I get teleported up by Roxas and they told me that I had broken against the rule called "Excessive use of lethal force". How is it that when I almost got killed? Lethal force is a last resort, and if I am that close to dying, I am sure as hell going to use it. Now in the reason for the ban it said that I got almost cdmed. It's not like he missed and didn't do any damage to me. He hit me and pushed my health bar to critical condition.

You said your feared for your life, yet he sat almost 5 seconds inside the Shell Station and you started going after the potential threat, trying to shoot it. This is what we tried to explain to you aswell. When you really fear for you life, why would you chase down the thing that has threatened it? 
Lethal force is always the last resort. You can call in a pursuit via radio. The driver had no chance to respond to any of your commands. He got shot immediately. Even tho he slammed the brakes in order to AVOID killing you.

According to your really long list of priors and a recent blacklist for a simliar thing (Backseat Administrating)
I find this time justified.

Evidence:
Not needed, everything I said is shown in a recording by IvirCheetham. Nothing can be denied.
(Dec 26, 2017, 08:33 PM)roxas Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 26, 2017, 08:10 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]Why should you be unbanned?: 

This is what happened. I was standing on the road, close to the sidewalk, and I had been doing that for a while. A speeding car hits me and almost kills me. What did I do? Yeah, you guessed it, I shot back at the vehicle that almost killed me. The most logical thing to do right? You have to stop the speeding and recklessly driving vehicle to not hurt anyone else and to bring them into custody, and I did this by using my only tool for this, my AR. I shot at the vehicle that was driving away. 

And this is the point both and I tried to explain you. You were a police officer. You had plenty of other options in stopping the vehicle, if you really thought he was a threat. 

I had no other options. My radio was turned off, and even if it was turned on, the other police officers wouldn't have gotten there in time. I had to neutrilize the suspect to prevent him from getting away and killing any other civilian.

The vehicle turned and drove against me, it was so close to hitting me again and killing me. So I continued to shoot until the vehicle had stopped. Now I saw a dead man, I didn't know who it was but I impounded the car and PM'ed the owner to let him know where the car was.

The driver of the vehicle was about to drive away, because he got shot at. He did not turn into your direction. He backed out the Shell Station and "ran for his life".

The driver could of jumped out and checked if I was alright or if I needed medical attention. When he drives away, I get the impression of that he knows that he did something wrong and is now fleeing.

You said your feared for your life, yet he sat almost 5 seconds inside the Shell Station and you started going after the potential threat, trying to shoot it. This is what we tried to explain to you aswell. When you really fear for you life, why would you chase down the thing that has threatened it? 
Lethal force is always the last resort. You can call in a pursuit via radio. The driver had no chance to respond to any of your commands. He got shot immediately. Even tho he slammed the brakes in order to AVOID killing you.

Yes I did fear for my life. That's why I shot the vehicle and used the only tool I have on me to protect myself. I only feared for my life when the vehicle was hitting me. After that, I switched mindset to catch this maniac, stop him from hurting others and bring him into custody.

According to your really long list of priors and a recent blacklist for a simliar thing (Backseat Administrating)
I find this time justified.

How is it backseat administrating? I didn't know that he broke against any rules, and he didn't even do that. I continued to roleplay. I didn't know if he had a reason to hit me with his vehicle or not. So I didn't want to break the roleplaying there. So I continued to roleplay and I don't see how that is backseat administrating.

Evidence:
This should also be mentioned. IvirCheetham has a similar ban/blacklist history as I do. So why is it that he gets an 8 hours blacklist for FearRP and FailRP when he knew that he broke the rules and I get a 3-day ban for something I didn't know was against the rules (if it even is).
(Dec 26, 2017, 11:53 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]This should also be mentioned. IvirCheetham has a similar ban/blacklist history as I do. So why is it that he gets an 8 hours blacklist for FearRP and FailRP when he knew that he broke the rules and I get a 3-day ban for something I didn't know was against the rules (if it even is).

Staff make the final decisions. I can't unfortunatley help that you had this punishment issued to you. I was in a different situation, you got what you deserved, I got what I deserved. Simple as. Don't even try mentioning me in your UBR.

K thanks xo
Quote:Excessive use of lethal force / Backseat administrating - Chasing and killing the President because 'I got almost CDMed and feared for my life' - Long list of priors.

I have extended the ban and issued you your last chance because this is your 13th ban on record. In an attempt to modify the ban reason to show it is your last chance, the text limit wasn't big enough on the ban page and cut off some of the ban reason. The above quote is the original ban reason.
Wtf. This is an unban request. Not a ban extension request.

Nice. Now I can’t play on the entire holiday. The only time I have nothing to do but to play.
(Dec 27, 2017, 11:40 AM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]Wtf. This is an unban request. Not a ban extension request.

Nice. Now I can’t play on the entire holiday. The only time I have nothing to do but to play.

You're still able to appeal this ban and the extension is relevant which is why it was noted in your appeal.
(Dec 27, 2017, 01:35 PM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 27, 2017, 11:40 AM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]Wtf. This is an unban request. Not a ban extension request.

You're still able to appeal this ban and the extension is relevant which is why it was noted in your appeal.

But I didn't break any rules. Everything I wrote is true and I know I didn't break any rules.
Still awaiting input from , giving us his side of the story before this can get concluded.
This is ridiculous.
I'll contact you in private about this case

Sorry for the delay.

Like spamming my posts will not get my attention nor will it make me any faster in responding in any way
After consulting with Roxas and Rocket, we have come to the conclusion that this Unban Request is being denied.

You were informed, multiple times, by multiple people, the breaches of the rules.

You state that there is evidence that you didn't do anything wrong, yet you fail to provide it.

Finally, statements such as
(Dec 26, 2017, 08:40 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 26, 2017, 08:33 PM)roxas Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 26, 2017, 08:10 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]I knew that I had done nothing wrong and I was not expecting an admin sit. I get teleported up by Roxas and they told me that I had broken against the rule called "Excessive use of lethal force". How is it that when I almost got killed? Lethal force is a last resort, and if I am that close to dying, I am sure as hell going to use it. Now in the reason for the ban it said that I got almost cdmed. It's not like he missed and didn't do any damage to me. He hit me and pushed my health bar to critical condition.

Yes I did fear for my life. That's why I shot the vehicle and used the only tool I have on me to protect myself. I only feared for my life when the vehicle was hitting me. After that, I switched mindset to catch this maniac, stop him from hurting others and bring him into custody.
also demonstrate how you were in breach of the rules.