Limelight Forums

Full Version: Banned for FearRP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Cherno Claws

Ban ID:6433

Banned by:[L²] Doctor Internet  Internet

Server: Rockford_v2b

Ban Reason: Multiple Counts of FearRP

Why should you be unbanned?:  The report included false information and ZooM broke the rules

Evidence: Has already been provided by him

I was playing on Limelight yesterday and a player (ZooM, who has already been banned multiple times and is known not to follow the rules)  cuffed me instantly upon him noticing me walk past him. It was totally empty and I had just spawned  and he ran up to me,cuffed me without any warning (it was unnecessary to cuff me). He then pulled out an AR (don't know which one) and started following me. After a short while he put away his weapon and just kept following me ( which is what he can do) and so far it had been going fine. After a while he pulled out his AR again and told me that "I will end you if you do not stop, I will end you, I will see that as a threat and I will end you". That is not how law enforcement should/ does act and now he was saying he'd make something up and that he will see me walking as a threat (?) and that he would end me. I did not do anything that would warrand lethal force and I knew this so I kept on walking because he could not shoot me ( as that would break rule 11.7) and I was also an anarchist, so it's not like I had the most respect for the law. He did not call for police as far as I'm aware as no law enforcement arrived, and all he could legally do was follow me until law enforcement arrived to arrest me. Also, no attempt to contact admin was made which is a clear breach of rule 1.8. 

After I was shot and the paramedics resurrected me he started writing to me on steam ( I sent a report, which nobody cared about and instead I was banned)  and he was telling me to cancel the report otherwise he would report me for FearRP. Then he continued to follow me before disconnecting  while I was still in cuffs and in an RP situation ( arrest) and leaving me there with nothing to do and admin had still not responded.

ZooM also claimed that "I was only going to take him to the sidewalk and warn him about not jaywalking again.". This is clearly false because he wouldn't cuff and point a lethal weapon at me (and then use it) if all he wanted to do was warn me. He also claims that "He kept going forward, I had to gun him down after telling him to stop at least 5 times.". I would argue that someone walking is not a threat and what he said about having to gun me down was uncalled for and too extreme.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Cherno.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Thank you Cherno.

In the first video, I've counted him give you 10 orders to go to the sidewalk, then stop. Each timed you failed to do so. In the closing notes of the report, I note that Zoom was issued a weapons blacklist for tbe report too.

You clearly broke the rules in the evidence provided. To quote the appeal rules.
Quote:Do not post an unban request if:

- You know you broke the rules

Is there anything you wish to add?
If I got a 2 day ban then he deserves more than a weapon blacklist for 8 hours considering that he also broke the rules and even disconnected to avoid an admin after I had reported him. He broke multiple rules that caused this entire situation. He also was not allowed to shoot me to begin with so I had nothing to be afraid of. The arrest was also random as I did not commit any crime.
From further inspection of the logs, it appears that did D/C whilst in an RP situation, leaving you handcuffed. Requesting input from Zoom.
How did I disconnect to avoid an admin when an admin never arrived? I waited for at least 10 minutes. Also, it's only disconnected to avoid admin sit if you are actually in one. No admin responded to your report, therefore, I was allowed to leave.

The reason I put the gun away and started walking in your direction was that I was thinking about what to do. If I should shoot to neutralize (which I did) or something else (hard situation as he broke rules). I wanted to continue the roleplay even though you broke the rules and therefore I shot you injured so I could wait for paramedics and police to arrive.

Also, it looks like you don't quite understand FearRP. Even though I am not allowed to shoot you, you can still not walk away from a gunpoint.
(Dec 25, 2017, 05:08 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]From further inspection of the logs, it appears that did D/C whilst in an RP situation, leaving you handcuffed. Requesting input from Zoom.

I told him countless of times to stop. He walked away so I actually never had a chance to uncuff him. And why would I uncuff someone who broke the law? I was waiting for police to arrive but no one came. At the end, I got so exhausted and bored because I couldn't get him to stop even while pointing a gun at him. After he ran away from me (weird that he did that when he wanted to get uncuffed) I had to shut down as it was late for me.

Also, it's hard to continue to RP when you break the rules and you don't even RP.
(Dec 25, 2017, 05:11 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]How did I disconnect to avoid an admin when an admin never arrived? I waited for at least 10 minutes. Also, it's only disconnected to avoid admin sit if you are actually in one. No admin responded to your report, therefore, I was allowed to leave.

The reason I put the gun away and started walking in your direction was that I was thinking about what to do. If I should shoot to neutralize (which I did) or something else (hard situation as he broke rules). I wanted to continue the roleplay even though you broke the rules and therefore I shot you injured so I could wait for paramedics and police to arrive.

Also, it looks like you don't quite understand FearRP. Even though I am not allowed to shoot you, you can still not walk away from a gunpoint.

I would argue that shooting 10 rounds in the back of someone's head is not shooting to neutralize and severely breaking rule 11.7
Unban Request Denied.

In my initial response, I already stated the suspension will not be lifted. Your additional report will also be denied due to a lack of evidence.

, if you need to leave a situation in which you cuff someone, you should uncuff them prior to leaving. However, I accept that Cherno was backing away, which may have made this more difficult in this situation.