Limelight Forums

Full Version: Blackdog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Steam Name: Kahjo

Time/Date: About rn

Your Steam ID: [font=arial, sans-serif]STEAM_0:1:63643406[/font]

Name of Staff Member: [L2] [F.I] Blackdog

Summary/Details: Building and making an unrealisticly flying flying device, which is pretty failRP. Why is an admin allowed to do all of that when a player would get like a blacklit for making such an unrealistic "flying" device. If this is allowed, I will come tomorrow and build one and roleplay in it floating in the air, yes especially a  starwars one.

[Image: P6OtgxP.jpg]e.

Evidence: 
[Image: Jbe2SpL.jpg]
[Image: ftgxeWU.png]
[Image: 2xQoszU.jpg]
Kahjo without sounding like an asshole staff members are trusted users at the most basic level therefore if Black dog was doing RP and judging by what it is it seems he was he is allowed

If a staff member gave you permission to make something similar it would be just as valid
I'm not exactly seeing the issue here? VTOL craft exist in reality, and have existed with jet engines as the primary thrust system since the 50s?

[Image: Convair_XYF-1_Pogo.jpg]
Convair XFY Pogo: Experimental Craft: Flown 1954

VTOL Method: Tail-Sitter

[Image: United_States_Marine_Corps_AV-8B_Harrier...vering.jpg]
McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II
VTOL Method: Lift-Jet

and the most comparable to this craft here:

[Image: 1920px-MV-22_mcas_Miramar_2014.JPG]
Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey
VTOL Method: Tilt-Rotor

In comparison the above craft in the pictures you have provided is useing Tilt-Jet, a method of VTOL identical to Tilt-Rotor, but useing jet engines instead of conventional Rotor systems.

As for unrealistic, you can notice it has 3 engines for stability, 2 on the wings for propulsion and stability, and 1 on the front behind the cockpit for stability, it has a fully detailed interior for the medical personal it was transporting as a MedEvac vehicle.

Please elaborate on what you mean by "Unrealistic"
I mean by unrealistic the blue lazerbeams from the bottom anda magically fading door on it. If I would ever build like that, noone would give me permission, oh do you even need permission as you only seem to need permission for public builds on roads
(Dec 22, 2017, 01:45 AM)Kahjo Wrote: [ -> ]I mean by unrealistic the blue lazerbeams from the bottom
[Image: fcbc0e7a0803ac5ebbb3a80751bbda9c.jpg]
Jet Engines

anda magically fading door on it.

The game is what it is, fadeing doors act the way they act and no one can change that

If I would ever build like that, noone would give me permission, oh do you even need permission as you only seem to need permission for public builds on roads

I don't believe you've ever asked for permission, so no one knows if this is infact true, as with earlier you did not ask permission before you tried to blow up someones dupe, in the future ask before you act as the results will be far more appealing for all involved.

Do you have anymore examples?
I see no issues here if used in context.

Also, saying nobody would give you permission is really a blanket statement. Again, if using it with a valid RP reason it certainly could be accepted.
*witness* Heard and seen that thing flying around. Doesn't seem to cause any issues with server or anything. It didn't look fail nor mingy, just flew a lil wonky at times, which is based on using the tools to make something fly. As for you wanting to build one, I'm pretty sure there is a rule that says you just need permission to do it.
(Dec 22, 2017, 01:39 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not exactly seeing the issue here? VTOL craft exist in reality, and have existed with jet engines as the primary thrust system since the 50s?

[Image: Convair_XYF-1_Pogo.jpg]
Convair XFY Pogo: Experimental Craft: Flown 1954

VTOL Method: Tail-Sitter

[Image: United_States_Marine_Corps_AV-8B_Harrier...vering.jpg]
McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II
VTOL Method: Lift-Jet

and the most comparable to this craft here:

[Image: 1920px-MV-22_mcas_Miramar_2014.JPG]
Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey
VTOL Method: Tilt-Rotor

In comparison the above craft in the pictures you have provided is useing Tilt-Jet, a method of VTOL identical to Tilt-Rotor, but useing jet engines instead of conventional Rotor systems.

As for unrealistic, you can notice it has 3 engines for stability, 2 on the wings for propulsion and stability, and 1 on the front behind the cockpit for stability, it has a fully detailed interior for the medical personal it was transporting as a MedEvac vehicle.

Please elaborate on what you mean by "Unrealistic"

Sure the thing exists, but why would a multi-million dollar aircraft be used by the city’s Paramedic service, like you were doing yesterday? (Involved)
Why would they? Many Air Ambulances cost well over 3-5million so a multi-million dollar air vehicle in service is quite common world wide depending on where the craft is located, what country it is in, where the craft was built, is it imported etc etc.

The Bell UH-1N Twin Huey, Bell 204 and Bell 205 , can still run around 4.7million to aquire for an Air Ambulance or Search and Rescue.

[Image: efd30425fcc7212ba583c92ed5a4bb7f--bell--leveon-bell.jpg]

[Image: c36e65cd328cbecccd2766a0c89e875e.jpg]

[Image: 20d6457a6a9e99903102cfeb7c741363.png]

I'm still confused what the issue is?
(Dec 22, 2017, 04:21 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Why would they? Many Air Ambulances cost well over 3-5million so a multi-million dollar air vehicle in service is quite common world wide depending on where the craft is located, what country it is in, where the craft was built, is it imported etc etc.

The Bell UH-1N Twin Huey, Bell 204 and Bell 205 , can still run around 4.7million to aquire for an Air Ambulance or Search and Rescue.

[Image: efd30425fcc7212ba583c92ed5a4bb7f--bell--leveon-bell.jpg]

[Image: c36e65cd328cbecccd2766a0c89e875e.jpg]

[Image: 20d6457a6a9e99903102cfeb7c741363.png]

I'm still confused what the issue is?

You cited the harrier and the ospreym since they are most similar to your aircraft.
[Image: O6Kn36PJQv2mfQWKI1FW2Q.png]
[Image: oLmMCciJSDCPc_EAEVaiuA.png]

These are the multi-million dollar aircraft which yours faintly represents. These are military aircrafts, not used as an air ambulance.

Besides, air ambulance companies, such as careflite, respond if there is a very critical situation, or an accessibility issue. All the responses you were going to were easily accessible by any rescue vehicle.

Another point, air ambulances in real life work with ground units, such as the police department, to make sure there is a clear landing zone free of any obstructions. All you're doing is flying around with a medic in the back and going to injured people, landing in the middle of an active road, having the medic immediately jump out, heal the victim, and jump back in, then take off.
It takes time to land, power down the aircraft, disembark and receive your patient. Once transferred, they prepare the patient for flight, clear to take off, fly to the destination, land and transfer the patient.
You failed to do any roleplay whatsoever. I would see your jet thing a lot differently if you actually roleplayed the transport of a critical victim in the aircraft to your facility, or the hospital, where you could then roleplay an operation. But no, you were just using it as an unrealistic way to fly a medic around.
To each their own on the matter as we no doubt will be unable to agree on this subject.

As for anything i've done wrong, I do not see it?

I fail to see the issue with this build? It's build is supported by real-world evidence, the RP reason is supported by the background RP, and the only things Kahjo has mentioned as FailRP are caused by Jet Engines in real life, plus Fading Doors which cannot be changed.

Also Dan, I fail to see your involvement in the case. Any chance of elaborating on your involvement please?
Like I stated before, I was a witness to blackdoggy using his airship and was able to provide a good amount of constructive information and argument.
Also did you not read any of my arguments in previous posts that add to the stuff wrong with BlackDog’s creating in addition to the OP?
(Dec 22, 2017, 01:49 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 22, 2017, 01:45 AM)Kahjo Wrote: [ -> ]I mean by unrealistic the blue lazerbeams from the bottom
[Image: fcbc0e7a0803ac5ebbb3a80751bbda9c.jpg]
Jet Engines

anda magically fading door on it.

The game is what it is, fadeing doors act the way they act and no one can change that

If I would ever build like that, noone would give me permission, oh do you even need permission as you only seem to need permission for public builds on roads

I don't believe you've ever asked for permission, so no one knows if this is infact true, as with earlier you did not ask permission before you tried to blow up someones dupe, in the future ask before you act as the results will be far more appealing for all involved.

Do you have anymore examples?

Excuse ME FOR TRYING TO PROPERLY ROLEPLAY FOR ONCE. My job was a Private contractor and I was blowing up an entrance to the beachhouse where its supposed to be at. In a previous discussion about blackdogs dupe he mentioned that people need to rp if they want to make an entrance etc. Thats what I did, but then I got yelled on that I am not goverment I dont have authorization etc etc. I willnot go into more details bout that case here, Ill do a new case for it later
Under investigation.

A separate situation that took place by the ravines is also tied up with this case and the use of VTOL in an aggressive situation.
Pages: 1 2