Limelight Forums

Full Version: Warning Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Bug: When clicking the hyperlink on this thread, it sends you to an invalid page.)

Your Name: [C3] Dan

Warning ID: 3239

Issued by: [L²] Blackdog

Reason: When searching fora suspect, do not just arrest the first person you see without any RP what so ever

Why should it be removed?: I was in pursuit of a white Dodge Charger and lost sight of it. Myself and split up on Grant Ave to search for the suspect's vehicle. I spotted it on Century St stuck on a curb. When I pulled up to him with my lights on, I blipped the siren, as he was trying to free himself from the curb. He got out and tried to free his vehicle with a prop. As he was doing this, in combination with him trying to drive his vehicle off the curb, I presumed him as trying to flee from me, so he must have been my suspect in my mind. I arrested him for the charges that I thought belonged to him. I was later informed by that this was not my suspect. There was another white Dodge Charger (I did not get the license plate on the one I was chasing), which was the suspect which I should have been looking for. There was no way for me to know that I had the wrong person. There is no rule about 'random arrest', but the whole situation should have been dealt with in-character. I made an in-character mistake of arresting the wrong person, and instead of getting staff involved in the situation, the victim should have brought the arrest up with my sergeant or the president. There was no reason for staff to get involved with an in-character situation.

Evidence:
You arrested the first person you saw that you thought was your suspect, when they explained to you what had occured, you did not attempt to investigate their claim, and instead arrested them upon arrivial.

in the future confirm your suspect before arresting them, as in this case he had literaly just spawned his car down after walking from the upper ravine to the contact point and was in no way involved in what you claim, had you attempted to RP the situation out, this probably would have been avoided, but you chose to Detain, and arrest

Investigate, Confirm, Detain, Arrest.

I see no reason to remove this warning from your record considering your history and prior talks on this subject in the past.

Keep the above 4 points in mind for future situations.