Limelight Forums

Full Version: Syco/Elfie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: Elfie 

SteamID:
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]STEAM_0:0:78191187
[/font]

Server: v2b

Time: (In UTC+0) around 6:20 EST

Summary: Give us context and what rules they broke.

failRP - attempting to hostage or mug me in broad daylight when cops are visibly in the area.

Evidence: https://youtu.be/QXoEU1dDD-4 ignore the audio
Thank you for your player-report, Hungames.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.
There are no cops when i pull out the gun. Plus i was not hostage takiing i was mugging hence the job title.
(Dec 19, 2017, 06:35 PM)OnlineSyco Wrote: [ -> ]There are no cops when i pull out the gun. Plus i was not hostage takiing i was mugging hence the job title.

There is a SWAT officer quite visible driving into the gas station after you had taken out the gun. 

I wrote "hostage or mug me" as I was unsure exactly what your intentions were when forcing me into a shop. And hostage or mug, it doesn't matter. You attempted to mug me in a decently populated area in broad daylight on the side of one of the main roads. And to reiterate the point, there were cops quite clearly around the area.
(Dec 19, 2017, 11:03 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 19, 2017, 06:35 PM)OnlineSyco Wrote: [ -> ]There are no cops when i pull out the gun. Plus i was not hostage takiing i was mugging hence the job title.

There is a SWAT officer quite visible driving into the gas station after you had taken out the gun. 

I wrote "hostage or mug me" as I was unsure exactly what your intentions were when forcing me into a shop. And hostage or mug, it doesn't matter. You attempted to mug me in a decently populated area in broad daylight on the side of one of the main roads. And to reiterate the point, there were cops quite clearly around the area.

There are no cops, by the time I have pulled the gun the swat as left and is no longer visible. As made clear by the end of the video the police and swat are not in site and only respond once they hear the shots, If they could not see us then i am free to mug you as if they could see me I would have been arrested, also the fact I chose to mug you in broad day light is a risky decision but there was none around and there are no police/swat in sight so my mugging was safe.
(Dec 19, 2017, 11:13 PM)OnlineSyco Wrote: [ -> ]

There are no cops, by the time I have pulled the gun the swat as left and is no longer visible. As made clear by the end of the video the police and swat are not in site and only respond once they hear the shots, If they could not see us then i am free to mug you as if they could see me I would have been arrested, also the fact I chose to mug you in broad day light is a risky decision but there was none around and there are no police/swat in sight so my mugging was safe.

Go to 0:15 in the video. The cop was clearly visible and could easily see you with your gun out.
(Dec 19, 2017, 11:23 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 19, 2017, 11:13 PM)OnlineSyco Wrote: [ -> ]

Go to 0:15 in the video. The cop was clearly visible and could easily see you with your gun out.

He is just pulling out of range so like I say risky yes but a rule break no
After consultation with other members of staff, we have come to a decision.
Player Report Denied.

Whilst mugging someone in an extremely public place (standing infront of a cop, in the PD, etc) might be classed as FailRP, we feel as though this case does not.

The accused took their chances with a risky move, the officer was driving away, in a straight line. They made an assumption that the officer would not be looking back, which was correct. The only reason their mugging failed, was that they put away their weapon. If this had been caught in-game, a similar virdict would most likely be issued.

Finally, to quote from our discussion, "Context and timing are key with anything done."