Limelight Forums

Full Version: We can't use /me gets ladder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to , as a player (Who can't put props in a car without them flying) says that a player can't go to a car (With realistic space for an extendable ladder) and do /me gets out extendable ladder, to use a ladder in an IC situation.

Why is that? I thought it made sense when (especially a SWAT Team) can goto their SWAT Van, grab a ladder, and bring it for use. Or a fireman with a ladder truck, can bring an extra ladder to police, for raid use. Why isn't this allowed if it can increase tactics and IC strategy? This seems odd as the only way to actually transport a ladder prop would be to 1. Be dependent on a staff member who has to weld it and unweld it from your car, or 2. put it in a box truck or van and hope it doesn't fly out.
In essence, I can only think that it'd depend on the background roleplay of the situation. For example, if the player is there with no vehicle or anything then they can't just magic a ladder out of nowhere, on the other hand they also can't just magic a ladder out of a vehicle that doesn't support it (e.g. some vehicles such as saloons are highly unlikely to just randomly carry a ladder on top of it around).
(Dec 15, 2017, 10:01 PM)_Cole Wrote: [ -> ]In essence, I can only think that it'd depend on the background roleplay of the situation. For example, if the player is there with no vehicle or anything then they can't just magic a ladder out of nowhere, on the other hand they also can't just magic a ladder out of a vehicle that doesn't support it (e.g. some vehicles such as saloons are highly unlikely to just randomly carry a ladder on top of it around).

Exactly. It really depends on the situation. It would be unrealistic for a random Beetle to have a ladder in it, but an officer's cruiser or a SWAT van would most likely have one.
It was reasoning was justified by at the time.
Powergaming. You need to bring a representation with you on the call. Firemen can't be used because they aren't allowed near an active shootout, like paramedics.

You also can't spawn props during a raid.

You can transport a ladder in the back of a SWAT van.
(Dec 16, 2017, 03:17 AM)Loaf Wrote: [ -> ]Powergaming. You need to bring a representation with you on the call. Firemen can't be used because they aren't allowed near an active shootout, like paramedics.

But what if the situation is a stalemate and there is a long null in any fighting?

You also can't spawn props during a raid.

Correct.

You can transport a ladder in the back of a SWAT van.

How so if it can’t stay in? Can it not just be assumed it’s in there to avoid the prop glitching and killing someone and the numerous times it will fall out? After all, it’s a SWAT van. It most likely will have that equipment.
What do you mean..?

Quote:6.3 - You may use props to climb over walls, but only if you actually roleplayed getting them, carrying them over to the wall, and setting them down in a realistic manner to be climbed – do not spawn them
on the spot.

According to the rules, we're allowed to do this and it's been like this for a while. As mentioned in the rule, you're required to role-play it out and use /me to RP out retrieving the prop, in this case being a ladder, and carrying it to where it needed to be used. The only thing you're not allowed to do is spawn it on the spot, meaning you'd spawn it where it needed to be used and making it appear out of thin air.

You don't need to actually have a physical prop in the vehicle, which is what Loaf mentioned - although that being incorrect - and so I don't see the question you are trying to get. If a staff member is questioning this, it may just be that they're unaware of the rule change(s) regarding this.
(Dec 16, 2017, 08:34 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]
What do you mean..?

Quote:6.3 - You may use props to climb over walls, but only if you actually roleplayed getting them, carrying them over to the wall, and setting them down in a realistic manner to be climbed – do not spawn them
on the spot.

According to the rules, we're allowed to do this and it's been like this for a while. As mentioned in the rule, you're required to role-play it out and use /me to RP out retrieving the prop, in this case being a ladder, and carrying it to where it needed to be used. The only thing you're not allowed to do is spawn it on the spot, meaning you'd spawn it where it needed to be used and making it appear out of thin air.

You don't need to actually have a physical prop in the vehicle, which is what Loaf mentioned - although that being incorrect - and so I don't see the question you are trying to get. If a staff member is questioning this, it may just be that they're unaware of the rule change(s) regarding this.

Then I would like to see their opinion on it as you're explaining the point I am trying to get across (Well at least half of it). Of course you can't spawn it out of midair, but I am allowed to /me it out of my cruiser or a van we brought in and then bring it to be used via a physgun (or hands if possible). 

The other thing was allowing the FD to just use their ladder truck. Which seemed like a great alternative seeing as the situation that I get this from was void of any shots for 10+ minutes and was secure enough for FD to just move a ladder truck into position.
, do you still require more help regarding this enquiry?
I would like a staff member to comment.
After seeing several opinions on this - the majority agrees you are allowed to make use of a ladder when you have RP-ed placing it in the vehicle or it's physically represented on the vehicle. Vehicles like a ladder truck would logically contain a ladder.

Placing a ladder in a raid, would require you to bring a ladder from the PD, Place it in your vehicle (Either physically or using /me's /it's) and then role-playing placing it down.

We might update out stance on this matter, but currently this is the most balanced answer we can provide, and if you abide by this, you will not receive punishment.

Note however, that the amount of ladder you are placing down must be somewhat in proportion to the vehicle/people carrying the ladder.

Does that answer your question

ForceGhost

(Jan 4, 2018, 12:32 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]Note however, that the amount of ladder you are placing down must be somewhat in proportion to the vehicle/people carrying the ladder.

[Image: s5DUWQb.jpg]

These can go to around 12-13 foot. Is this something I could put in the back of my DB5?
(Jan 4, 2018, 12:53 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 4, 2018, 12:32 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]Note however, that the amount of ladder you are placing down must be somewhat in proportion to the vehicle/people carrying the ladder.

[Image: s5DUWQb.jpg]

These can go to around 12-13 foot. Is this something I could put in the back of my DB5?
For the moment I would say no - also taking in mind how the ladder tool works and looks. Perhaps you can make a suggestion for a ladder like that. But for the sake of keeping things simple, I will say no. - However as with the other statement this might be changed at a later date.

ForceGhost

(Jan 4, 2018, 12:55 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]snip

Thanks for the clarification Smile
DOes anyone have anymore questions upon the topic?

Pages: 1 2