Limelight Forums

Full Version: Killing Net neutrality got approved - what happens now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What will happen now? I heard killing net neutrality got approved.
It has to go through Congress I think
From the limited knowledge I have, I think if it becomes official, a group of states were planning on making lawsuits against the FCC.
(Dec 15, 2017, 10:16 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]From the limited knowledge I have, I think if it becomes official, a group of states were planning on making lawsuits against the FCC.

That can take a very long time though, so the question becomes about what will happen in the meantime.
(Dec 15, 2017, 08:13 PM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 15, 2017, 10:16 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]From the limited knowledge I have, I think if it becomes official, a group of states were planning on making lawsuits against the FCC.

That can take a very long time though, so the question becomes about what will happen in the meantime.

A LOT of protestig most likely and speedbumps on both sides.
(Dec 15, 2017, 08:21 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm talking about whether net neutrality will be stopped for the time being or if the process of killing it will be paused. I think it's down to the judge's decision at the time.
(Dec 15, 2017, 08:25 PM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 15, 2017, 08:21 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm talking about whether net neutrality will be stopped for the time being or if the process of killing it will be paused. I think it's down to the judge's decision at the time.

Honestly I have no  idea, but I feel it will still need to go through congress. Once that's done, it will either start immediately, or Ajit Pai is gonna be making another meme video