Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR on Gungranny
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: Gungranny

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:40454676

Server: Rockford

Time: 23:20

Summary:
I had earlier stolen a police-cruiser that were unlocked and dumped it at the Motor's-building opposite of bank/firestation.

10 minutes later, I approach Gungranny who was a citizen, asking whats up, and he asked if he could join me if I were going to steal another cop-car.
I said that I could take him to the one that had been dumped at motorstore, and he followed me over there.

He then proceeded with doing a /pm to a police-officer, assuming that he "had my position" and a bunch of cops came to get me.

Gungranny then yelled "It's the man in the black shirt!" as the cops were running after me.

As I ran around the building, I gave up and asked how Gungranny contacted the police, as I did not see him do a /request - he sent a /pm to an officer - as citizen and not "undercover police" or "police informant".

I then asked how that could be legit and not metagaming, and I was told something similar to "This is semi-serious, you don't have to /me things that is a function in-game" or something.
This was Hamsteers words, he might elaborate on that.

Either way, I cannot simply just "accept" that this was not failRP or metagaming, and here is my reasons:
I have always been told that /pm is a OOC-feature, as you should not send "/pm <someone> Help me, I am getting questioned by the police" or share any vital roleplay-information that would result in an unfair result as I think that this is.

I was looking at him the whole time, I expect that he would type /me takes up his phone, or /me sends a text-message, instead of just PM the police-force without giving me any roleplay-insight that could change the roleplay to me freaking out and running away/confronting him.

I would basically say that he took away my chance of expanding/develop the roleplay further with me having a chance aswell,  and instead used what I would say is an OOC-feature to call the police "silently".

Evidence:

I only have a one-minute-video of hamsteer stating what I wrote above here and nothing from my interaction with Gungranny.
Thank you for your player-report, WillyVodka.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.
(Dec 15, 2017, 12:44 AM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]Name of Player: Gungranny

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:40454676

Server: Rockford

Time: 23:20

Summary:
I had earlier stolen a police-cruiser that were unlocked and dumped it at the Motor's-building opposite of bank/firestation.

10 minutes later, I approach Gungranny who was a citizen, asking whats up, and he asked if he could join me if I were going to steal another cop-car.
I said that I could take him to the one that had been dumped at motorstore, and he followed me over there.

It was barely 3 minutes from the time you decided to drive the stolen cruiser in front of all of SWAT, officers, and myself in front of the PD (Which seems odd to do unless you WANT to get their attention) to the time I saw you.

He then proceeded with doing a /pm to a police-officer, assuming that he "had my position" and a bunch of cops came to get me.

Gungranny then yelled "It's the man in the black shirt!" as the cops were running after me.

As I ran around the building, I gave up and asked how Gungranny contacted the police, as I did not see him do a /request - he sent a /pm to an officer - as citizen and not "undercover police" or "police informant".

I'm a Citizen following the law. I'm gonna contact the PD how I see fit to tell them who just broke a law without endangering my life.

I then asked how that could be legit and not metagaming, and I was told something similar to "This is semi-serious, you don't have to /me things that is a function in-game" or something.
This was Hamsteers words, he might elaborate on that.

I told you it has never been a problem until you were getting arrested. Being able to contact someone via PM has never been classed as FailRP or metagaming (At least from what I can see. PM was literally made to contact another person privately.)

Either way, I cannot simply just "accept" that this was not failRP or metagaming, and here is my reasons:
I have always been told that /pm is a OOC-feature, as you should not send "/pm <someone> Help me, I am getting questioned by the police" or share any vital roleplay-information that would result in an unfair result as I think that this is.

It's both? I don't know who gave you that reasoning for PM.

I was looking at him the whole time, I expect that he would type /me takes up his phone, or /me sends a text-message, instead of just PM the police-force without giving me any roleplay-insight that could change the roleplay to me freaking out and running away/confronting him.

Semi-Serious. I have the option to use /me's. I don't have to if it's an IG feature that I can just use. Not to mention, I wasn't trusting doing it as I've done it before, and most players just take that as a "Oh shit, gotta run!" instead of RP it further.

I would basically say that he took away my chance of expanding/develop the roleplay further with me having a chance aswell,  and instead used what I would say is an OOC-feature to call the police "silently".

You literally stole a cop car, drove it and joyrode in it in front of the PD (In front of a bunch of cops) and then decided to trust a random person who wanted to see the stolen car. This is all on your poor planning (Not trying to be rude.)

Evidence:

I only have a one-minute-video of hamsteer stating what I wrote above here and nothing from my interaction with Gungranny.
So just to get this clear:
Are you saying that if someone said "I'mma beat you up!" infront of me ingame, I can just do a /pm to an officer that I happened to know and make him come and arrest this man while he is standing one feet away from me and interacting with me?

I wouldn't even call that semi-semi-serious, it's totally unrealistic unless you can send messages through your mind.

This is where semi-serious should be defined, what you feel is semi is what I feel should be serious.

As you wrote, yes, PM is a private message between two players, and might just aswell be called sending a message through mind-control, as you are the only one seeing it and no one else.

I am not trying to be difficult or an asshole here, I just feel that this could've been evolved so much better, I could've had the opportunity to see that you snitched and tried to flee, get aggressive or whatnot.
(Dec 15, 2017, 01:58 AM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]So just to get this clear:
Are you saying that if someone said "I'mma beat you up!" infront of me ingame, I can just do a /pm to an officer that I happened to know and make him come and arrest this man while he is standing one feet away from me and interacting with me?

Yes....unless you're under Fearp.

I wouldn't even call that semi-semi-serious, it's totally unrealistic unless you can send messages through your mind.

I send them through text, not mind reading. If you want a /me added when PMing, suggest it.

This is where semi-serious should be defined, what you feel is semi is what I feel should be serious.

Ok?

As you wrote, yes, PM is a private message between two players, and might just aswell be called sending a message through mind-control, as you are the only one seeing it and no one else.

?

I am not trying to be difficult or an asshole here, I just feel that this could've been evolved so much better, I could've had the opportunity to see that you snitched and tried to flee, get aggressive or whatnot.

I could've, but I thought "Why risk it?"

Overall, I find that you are TRYING to find a reason to get me in trouble? This small of a thing? What were you expecting parading in a stolen cop car in front of multiple people? Someone was gonna ID at some point. Trying to pick through holes in the rules (Which there aren't for this situation) seems a bit odd. Your planning led to this.
I'm sorry but there isn't really much evidence on this case at all, and that being said, what you've described I don't really see anything wrong with. PM's can be used for both OOC and IC matters - I'm not sure where you gathered otherwise. Before phone booths, how else were people supposed to share IC information to one another?

Please provide sufficient evidence to support wrongdoing within 24 hours.
(Dec 15, 2017, 03:51 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Overall, I find that you are TRYING to find a reason to get me in trouble? This small of a thing?

Let me start by saying that this is not the case.
There are no hard feelings from my point at all and I don't have anything against you as a person either.

I have always thought that /pm was OOC to the point where you'd announce that you sent a text when interacting with other players, but seems that I have been wrong the whole time.

I simply thought that using /pm like that could've justified sending the same messasge through steam or teamspeak, the result is the same, I couldn't know and couldn't react on that you sent a text-message by phone to a police-officer.

I have always tried to roleplay that I pick up a phone, as I was afraid that it would be metagaming to use /pm right away, so that's on me.

The reason I made this PR was basically because I felt that it was metagaming based on the fact that you could change the roleplay without me noticing or have a chance to react.

I'd find it logic that I would do /me takes up a phone from his left pocket, so I could give the other party a chance to evolve the roleplay based on that information.

I mean, just asking, you do agree with me just a little on that, right?

But I know when to say that I am wrong, and I will just let this go as a "agree to disagree"-thing, no worries.
I have also learned when /pm can be used, and how.

Staff may close this thread, I was wrong. Angel
It'd be nice to do a /me, but it's not needed or mandatory at all.

Player report denied.