Limelight Forums

Full Version: Forum warning appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I was told that I couldn't appeal forum warnings (nice to know I get a fair say) but apparently thats not the case since someone else just appealed theirs, so hey ho here we go

Your Name: Tails

Warning ID: N/A

Issued by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. Doctor internet and 26

Reason:  Staff Disrespect; Inappropriate content x2

Why should it be removed?: The post that I was warned for has literally no disrespect to anyone, something Internet even admitted to so I don't see why the warning is still on record. The "Inappropriate content" was a single, non-offensive Hitler quote (and when people are posting 2 minute speeches from the same man I don't see why I get struck with a punishment)

Inappropriate content (again)
The topic was on the bombing in a train station, and 3 people before me had posted offensive images (or more accurately, offensive to admins because they seem to be the only people who cared about them)
I got warned for (albeit sarcastically) being offended at these posts. I dont see how that is offtopic or inappropriate?

Evidence: https://youtu.be/HqBprlr1QC0?t=68

The video that got me warned, starting at the only """"Offensive""""" part of it 

Edited to include newest warning instead of creating a new thread
so its been like 7 days and last time I checked that means this falls in my favour

ill take my warning removals in cash or cheque please
Not so fast sir,

This is under review.

Internet has been contacted regarding this case.
(Dec 19, 2017, 12:49 AM)Enzyme Wrote: [ -> ]Not so fast sir,

This is under review.

Internet has been contacted regarding this case.

And it only took 7 days, 6 hours and 19 minutes
Quote:You're NOT allowed to appeal temporary warnings. Only perma-warnings.
All your current warnings on the forum are temporary.

However. Warning 1 - "Disrespect towards a staff member"
This warning was issued due to your video, which showed quotes from staff members, followed by a Hitler quote which reads "We must take steps to ensure the Safety and Security of our homeland." Whilst you may not see this to be disrespectful in and of itself, taking the context in other videos posted by you in the past, along with others doing similar things, that is why your post was removed and a warning issued. I should also point out, the administrative notes for this warning were "Posting video including Nazi themes, attempting to incite flaming of a staff member."

Warning 2 - "Useless and Irrelevant Content"
This warning was issued for a different reason, with the administrative notes being "Extremism on the forums." Considering both warnings were issued at the same time. The notes for warning 1 can be taken for this warning as-well. The warning reason being content was to reduce the points that you got, and as such the administrative notes should be used as the reason.

Warning 3 - "Useless and Irrelevant Content"
Whilst being issued under 26's name, it was on my request (as I was unable to access the forums when the warning was issued)
Whilst you were the one offended at the prior jokes, you should report, not reply to these. Your post was off-topic, as it was responding to off-topic posts, in a rather serious news thread.

These reasons, along with your extensive history (7 priors) on the forums, led to these warnings.
(Dec 19, 2017, 03:31 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]However. Warning 1 - "Disrespect towards a staff member"
This warning was issued due to your video, which showed quotes from staff members, followed by a Hitler quote which reads "We must take steps to ensure the Safety and Security of our homeland." Whilst you may not see this to be disrespectful in and of itself, taking the context in other videos posted by you in the past, along with others doing similar things, that is why your post was removed and a warning issued. I should also point out, the administrative notes for this warning were "Posting video including Nazi themes, attempting to incite flaming of a staff member."

There was 0 intention to flame whoever was in the video, it just so happened that they were the ones that denied the appeal. And by "Nazi themes" I assume you mean the quote near the end, that could only be called a Nazi theme because of the image of Hitler in the background (sorry if pictures of historical figures are offensive)

Warning 2 - "Useless and Irrelevant Content"
This warning was issued for a different reason, with the administrative notes being "Extremism on the forums." Considering both warnings were issued at the same time. The notes for warning 1 can be taken for this warning as-well. The warning reason being content was to reduce the points that you got, and as such the administrative notes should be used as the reason.

Extremism: "the holding of extreme political or religious views; fanaticism." (Official definition). To say a quote from a historical figure is "extremist content" is a bit of a push, the quote doesn't have anything offensive nor derogatory, nor does it attempt to incite violence of any kind. Despite that, why did I get 2 warnings for "extremism" for 1 post? (considering the administrative notes for the first one states "a video include Nazi themes" which is what I assume you mean by extremism)

Warning 3 - "Useless and Irrelevant Content"
Whilst being issued under 26's name, it was on my request (as I was unable to access the forums when the warning was issued)
Whilst you were the one offended at the prior jokes, you should report, not reply to these. Your post was off-topic, as it was responding to off-topic posts, in a rather serious news thread.

Apologies, in future I'll be sure to report anyone who doesn't like what others say in serious posts - it must have slipped my mind that in serious discussions such as those in the News forum, my opinion is not allowed

These reasons, along with your extensive history (7 priors) on the forums, led to these warnings.
I'm sure how you can see pictures of a staff member's posts, followed by "Evil threatens every man, and every child of our great nation." and "We must undertake steps to ensure the safety and security of our homeland." could be seen as disrespectful, and attempting to incite further comments. Especially so when 5 of your 7 warnings are also for insulting and disrespecting people.

As for the third warning, you made a sarcastic, off-topic post in a serious news thread. Your opinion is allowed, but when it's not related to the topic, that gets you warnings.

Closing Notes: This Warning Appeal will be approved for Warning #2. Since it's a duplicate on the same post, and I can't fully remember why it was given, it would be unfair to leave it in place. Warnings #1 and #3 will remain as issued.