Limelight Forums

Full Version: Forum Warning Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: [L²:RP] Lord Octagon

Warning ID: Forum warning @ 4th December, 2017, 00:03

Issued by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. [L²] Doctor Internet ()

Reason: Disrespect towards another user (+3 points)

Why should it be removed?:
For a bit of context behind the situation:
On this thread, wrote the following reply: "+support even though I like disarming my ar15 with 1 million bullets". I replied to his comment with a message and the following image: https://i.imgur.com/fFE2lFY.png.

Now, the reason I posted that image was for some banter with Cooli because we've been friends for a while and I knew he wouldn't feel disrespected by an image of 'punishments' from a Garry's Mod server; records which are already available for public viewing. Cooli can very well testify that he was not offended in any way, shape or form by my reply.

I believe that this warning was issued in haste by the staff member as they have a strong distaste towards me. For something that is questionable at most, I do not believe this was a breakage of any rules as this would not count as player disrespect if the player it is directed towards is not offended.

I have the utmost respect for Cooli, he's a good pal and a great member of this community - why would I go out of my way to insult him? If that's what you call an insult.
As I've known Octagon for a while now, banter is expected to happen. I dont know why someone decided to report the message he posted without knowing the proper context, its stupid really.

Can confirm his story.
After reviewing this appeal, we found that this should not be considered disrespect (especially after cooli's statement).

However, the issuing moderator also suggested that the post in question would fall under General Rule 4 and warning reason "Posting Useless/Inappropriate content" in a serious forum area (Suggestions) - which we concluded to be reasonable.

The warning reason will be changed from Disrespecting another user (30%) to Posting Useless/Inappropriate content (20%) and the warning timeout duration reduced from 2 months 3 weeks to 3 weeks due to low severity.