Limelight Forums

Full Version: Suspension Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: 
Elliot

Ban ID:

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. ()
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]@[L²:M] Nightmare[/font]

Server: 
LimeLight RP

Ban Reason:
FearRP & FailRP

Why should you be unbanned?: 
As I have spoken with Nightmare about - I am not fussed about the ban, bans sadly don't effect/bother me. But I am merely contesting my suspension reason. So, I had an extension to my ban because of 'FailRP'. I was apparantly joking with a hitman. I wasn't. I only said I was joking once I realised that it was a trap - as I was on my way to the scene... I said 'I was joking' because I believed that the Police Dept. had taken control of the situation, and wanted me to come to 11 Richard Dr. to be arrested for conspiracing to have an officer assasinated... So at that point I thought that if I said it was a joke, the officers would let me off. But instead, the officer in question was corrupt, so that wasn't the case. I hope that is easy enough to understand as it is quite a complicated scenario, you may read further regarding this in my PR... (https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-18624.html)

Evidence:

[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif](PM)  [L²:RP] Elliot: Psst - I know it's a trap xD
(PM)  [L²:RP] Elliot: I was only joking [/font]

Those PMs where sent as I was making my way to the scene, not when I was at the scene. As you can hopefully see, I realised it was a trap. But I thought it was a trap set up by the Police Dept., instead it was a corrupt officer... 

Thank you for your continued support.
Regards,
Elliot.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Elliot.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
I'm still not certain as to how you "knew it was a trap".

Wouldn't you want to just ditch all forms of contact and run away if that's the case?
Evening,

As said in previous PMs. I could tell it was a trap by the general feel of the whole thing. The fact that I was PMd by Gungranny was the biggest giveaway in my opinion. And I am still unaware on how he managed to get the Police SGT to meet him in an isolated house, alone. So that all contributed to me reaching my conclusion that it was a trap. And if I did just ditch all forms of contact, it could've been regarded as a scam (which I was accused of). Because if I requested for the SGT to be killed and the SGT was actually at this point being held hostage. If I would've then backed down and ran off, who says that Edge wouldn't have said 'He told me he was going to pay me so I kidnapped him, now I am being arrested'...

Thanks,
Elliot.
I'd like 's input on this.
How would you like my input? I'd consider it FailRP in my staff days. He's a Mechanic with no background in being corrupt, dark, etc. He shouldn't just be joking with a hitman.

That's all I have to say unless you can ask a more specific question
I'd like your input because you can provide a tad more context, because it seemed very lacking.
Hello Nightmare,

Gungranny seems to be having some difficulties understanding what happened - I wasn't joking. I did want him to do what I asked him to, I only changed it to a joke once I knew it was a trap (I thought it was a trap involving the whole PD force to arrest me for ordering a hitman, not just a corrupt officer). So I changed it to a joke when I THOUGHT the Police Dept. was in charge of the situation. So that I could possibly avoid jail.

Regards,
Elliot.
Are you looking for just the reason behind the suspension to be altered or the suspension to be lifted?
Hi,

I presume the 24 hours part of the suspension was for FearRP, and the 12 hours part of it was for the FailRP section, so I was just looking to get that removed as I did not break FailRP.

If it was just a combined ban, it would be great if you could just alter the ban reason to solely be FearRP. As even if the 12 hour segment of the ban is lifted I will not be able to join the server as I am busy tomorrow.

Thanks,
Elliot.
I'm afraid I'm going to be denying this appeal.

The way you phrased it at the time didn't seem to reflect the situation you describe now, and even if that was the case, I believe there were other routes you should of taken if you felt it was a trap - one of them being not turning up to the scene. If you truly felt like it was a trap then you would of got cold feet with the Hitman and rearranged to meet elsewhere, but this wasn't done.

Thanks for your appeal.

Cheers,
[L²:M] Nightmare
Server Moderation Team