Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your name: [L²:RP] Phoenix

Ban ID: 6349

Banned by: [L²:M] Nightmare

Server: CityRP Gmod

Ban Reason: "[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]Player disrespect. Calm down."[/font]
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]Why should you be unbanned?: He banned me for 2 days. Now he just added 24 hours more for no reason, what is this nonsense? You expand my ban when I am banned for no reason at all? Remove one day from my ban, this is ridiculous.[/font]

[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]Evidence: -[/font]
The staff-members have received your unban-request, stakkacz.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Claiming ridiculousness isn't going to help here I'm afraid Phoenix.

You have numerous priors for player and staff disrespect spread across a couple of months. I only took into account the most recent one upon looking at your record, I was more just looking to see if there was a similar thing on your rapsheet, to which there was. I then checked your record further on that night when I was free and discovered your prior which Wulf gave you. You've also been given quite a couple of blacklists for your inability to calm yourself down.

I wouldn't have issued the suspension if you spoke to me calmly when I brought you up. Because you refused, and constantly disrespected those around you, I issued you a suspension to help you understand that this sort of behaviour is in no way tolerated on any of our services at Limelight. I also extended it so you can have time to think about it, because I don't want you running down the original length of your ban then coming back to do the exact same thing.

I also had to remove messages from the Discord last night because you were also disrespectful there, calling players all sorts of names.

I'd say the extension was justified.
(Dec 8, 2017, 05:00 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Claiming ridiculousness isn't going to help here I'm afraid Phoenix.

You have numerous priors for player and staff disrespect spread across a couple of months. I only took into account the most recent one upon looking at your record, I was more just looking to see if there was a similar thing on your rapsheet, to which there was. I then checked your record further on that night when I was free and discovered your prior which Wulf gave you. You've also been given quite a couple of blacklists for your inability to calm yourself down.

I wouldn't have issued the suspension if you spoke to me calmly when I brought you up. Because you refused, and constantly disrespected those around you, I issued you a suspension to help you understand that this sort of behaviour is in no way tolerated on any of our services at Limelight. I also extended it so you can have time to think about it, because I don't want you running down the original length of your ban then coming back to do the exact same thing.

I also had to remove messages from the Discord last night because you were also disrespectful there, calling players all sorts of names.

I'd say the extension was justified.

Extension of bans doesn't help. It makes people madder and it doesn't help them calm down. You don't pay attention to what I am saying and extending 1 day for a message on Discord is not justifiable. It has nothing to do with the CityRP server and the rules of roleplay. You can ban me from the Discord server for a time, but not from the server. You made a huge mistake, please correct it.
(Dec 8, 2017, 04:56 PM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]*Witness*

Uploading video of the event that lead to his ban to provide context for the responding staff.

The problem is not the ban, but the extension of it. It is not justified and it is clearly a mistake.
You disrespected players using our services, thus the ban applies to the server in order to help teach you a lesson. Punishments are completely down to the discretion of the staff member who issues them, and in this case I found it appropriate to suspend you from the server. Limelight is a private entity, and thus I don't need to allow you to say such things, especially in a disrespectful tone after being asked to stop numerous times.

I'll issue suspensions as and when I see fit, and your actions on the Discord supported the extension, and so it was extended. I made no mistake, and I see no reason for this to be removed.

Do you have anything else to add?
(Dec 8, 2017, 05:28 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]You disrespected players using our services, thus the ban applies to the server in order to help teach you a lesson. Punishments are completely down to the discretion of the staff member who issues them, and in this case I found it appropriate to suspend you from the server. Limelight is a private entity, and thus I don't need to allow you to say such things, especially in a disrespectful tone after being asked to stop numerous times.

I'll issue suspensions as and when I see fit, and your actions on the Discord supported the extension, and so it was extended. I made no mistake, and I see no reason for this to be removed.

Do you have anything else to add?

Stop putting words in my mouth by saying "disrespect players" which have nothing to do with this. The problem is the unjustified extension. You banned me 2 days for the player disrespect, then it got extended to 3 days for a Discord message. Disrespectful tone without a microphone? Doesn't make sense to me.
I would like the higher staff members to intervene aswell.
Hello ,

Player disrespect is against the rules, and we enforce this rule across all of our services. The moderator in question extended your punishment for your actions, which he deemed to be player disrespect. Unless you can provide evidence, I see no reason why your request should be accepted. You are not denying the fact that you disrespect another player, and you claim it's not relevant, even though you were suspended for that very reason.

Unban request denied and concluded.