Limelight Forums

Full Version: Arma 3 Zeus OP's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: stAFg0G.png]

BASIC MISSION STATEMENT

In general, this is just some missions to do with some players interested in relaxed Zeus missions ranging from Tier 1 operations, to Zombie survival. Really it's what the players want.

Here is the Steam Group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/LimelightArma
I'd wish I could play Arma 3 like I used to. Lack of a mic is a primary concern, as the AI really doesn't play in a fashion that'll allow for text comms.

Glad to see your mod options are as bad as the "milsim" group I used to play with. When I get time I'll see what I can't do about testing that game out again, with your presented mods, and see if this potato wants to run it decently. If that works, I'll take the time to get one of my mics up and running and give it a go.

Is your game Zeus operated, premade, or running a set "game" (insurgency is my favorite). Full Zeus is my least favorite, mainly because no matter where I go, it seems that one of the two zeus operators tends to go full retard at one point or another.

Last question, How much air do you think you're gonna run. I can't fly or anything, but I remember a few bad experiences with AI Jets laying waste to entire platoons (30+ players) in seconds, ruining the OP.
Should be easy to get a cheap mic . ^.^
(Dec 8, 2017, 12:33 AM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]I'd wish I could play Arma 3 like I used to.  Lack of a mic is a primary concern, as the AI really doesn't play in a fashion that'll allow for text comms.

Yea, a mic is a necessary, but you can usually find a cheap one anywhere.

Glad to see your mod options are as bad as the "milsim" group I used to play with.  When I get time I'll see what I can't do about testing that game out again, with your presented mods, and see if this potato wants to run it decently.  If that works, I'll take the time to get one of my mics up and running and give it a go.

Sure! Just know, if I get a big enough following on this, there may be more mods added such as ACE and ALiVE.

Is your game Zeus operated, premade, or running a set "game" (insurgency is my favorite).  Full Zeus is my least favorite, mainly because no matter where I go, it seems that one of the two zeus operators tends to go full retard at one point or another.

Only Zeus operated, and I'm the only Zeus. I've got a good bit of experience hosting Zeus events, so you shouldn't have to worry about full retard moments. I try to run it fairly simple. Try to give the Ai Commander more of a realistic or dynamic thinking. For instance, if I see yall using IR Lasers in the sky while they enemy has NVG's, I'll send a patrol or two to check the area. I also try to keep you guys active and always having something to do. No one likes waiting for Zeus to setup the new objective, so I may give yall a small secondary or some sort of ammo or equipment run depending on yall's standing.

Also, the map is premade with a base of operations, but past that, it's all setup on the spot if I have an idea for a mission, or if one of the players has an idea they wanna run.

Last question, How much air do you think you're gonna run.  I can't fly or anything, but I remember a few bad experiences with AI Jets laying waste to entire platoons (30+ players) in seconds, ruining the OP.

Barely any jets. I like to stick to ground OP's as players seem to be more comfortable with that by default. There may be a helicopter seen here and there from your side or the OPFOR's, but after that, it will mostly be ground.
I would love to join. I have piloted helicopters for a few arma 3 clans, so i can do that, and also fight on the ground.
I got a few mics laying around. It's just a matter of setting them up on this potato I call a computer. I'll see what I can do about getting that game up and running sometime after next week. I'm in final exam period of this semester and it's going pretty rough.

I think it would be good to interact with yall in a place not so grounded by rules that all of us have some degree of an issue with in spots, weather or not we all agree. Arma 3 is a completely different beast.

As for the IR laser example, I only played Arma 3 in a milsim environment, so I only turn my laser on when I need to mark a target, and it goes off once either the marked targets no longer need to be marked, or till after the firefight has generally ended. In my experience, dildos with laz0rbeem problems don't last long in terms of either combat, or participation, as milsim guys are probably more serious about the "rules" than the average super serious clockwork server. Not that I mind, I spent 4.5 years of my life in the Army anyway. I just treat it like I was there, to a degree. Like some of my sergeants said, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
(Dec 8, 2017, 06:24 AM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]I got a few mics laying around.  It's just a matter of setting them up on this potato I call a computer.  I'll see what I can do about getting that game up and running sometime after next week.  I'm in final exam period of this semester and it's going pretty rough.

Take your time. I literally just finished my last exam yesterday, so there isn't a rush.

I think it would be good to interact with yall in a place not so grounded by rules that all of us have some degree of an issue with in spots, weather or not we all agree.  Arma 3 is a completely different beast.

Oooohh yea. Not to mention you will all have a say in matters that can be immediately fixed. This will get us better to work and play together.

As for the IR laser example, I only played Arma 3 in a milsim environment, so I only turn my laser on when I need to mark a target, and it goes off once either the marked targets no longer need to be marked, or till after the firefight has generally ended.  In my experience, dildos with laz0rbeem problems don't last long in terms of either combat, or participation, as milsim guys are probably more serious about the "rules" than the average super serious clockwork server.  Not that I mind, I spent 4.5 years of my life in the Army anyway. I just treat it like I was there, to a degree.  Like some of my sergeants said, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Exactly the point. Don't do dumb shit.
Anyways, you're free to add me on Steam if you haven't already. Just message me that you want to be on the call list. You can do it whenever, but sooner the better so you don't forget.
Looks very interesting as always!
It's on sale RN:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/107410/Arma_3/
\\\ALERT///

Due to some interesting weather (Snow in Louisiana. It's been like 10 years) there won't be any operations today. If there is, expect one later today.
What is Arma 3 Zeus can someone briefly explain to me please cause I've seen it but never tried it
(Dec 8, 2017, 11:22 PM)Da Cool Cow Wrote: [ -> ]What is Arma 3 Zeus can someone briefly explain to me please cause I've seen it but never tried it

Basically like a Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master. I control Ai, object, objectives, etc. and setup a mission live while players play.
After a successful mission with 0 casualities. I believe that mission was a success.

Great Work, , , and
Future Operations, I believe I will stream some for people to watch to see if they ever want to get interested in this in the future.
Pages: 1 2 3