Limelight Forums

Full Version: BODY BAGS SPAWN WHERE THE BODY SPAWNED NOT WHERE THE BODY IS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ID: 5aae9ae3d316d3a87e62b5cc

Description: Players go into injured state. Someone moves their body for whatever reason (to get it off the road, out of a fire, etc). Player fully dies. Body bag spawns where player was injured at and not the final location of the actual body.
Bug observed since: inception
Thank you for your bug-report, goigle!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
(Dec 3, 2017, 06:52 PM)Limelight Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your bug-report, goigle!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.

ok thanks dude!!
I don't think there is an actual way to do this. The body bags are spawned using the player's position on death. For some reason, Garry's Mod does not continue to update the player's position after death. So, when the player dies, ragdolls, and rolls, the only position that can be used to spawn the body bag is where the player died.
I am pretty sure CityRP uses a custom function for the injured body state which spawns an actual ragdoll (the default Source player death ragdoll is not synced between clients whereas the injured ragdoll is).

On the off chance it is using the default ragdoll, there's a function to get that ragdoll as an entity and you could just call GetPos() on it:
https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Player/GetRagdollEntity
Also, just adding. If a player injures into ex. Infront of townhall, and someone carries him away into ex. Industrial and he dies, the NLR zone will be at townhall where he first got injured, not where he died.
(Dec 5, 2017, 07:09 AM)Kahjo Wrote: [ -> ]Also, just adding. If a player injures into ex. Infront of townhall, and someone carries him away into ex. Industrial and he dies, the NLR zone will be at townhall where he first got injured, not where he died.

Which is good and prevents people from abusing this. When you died in a RP situation your NLR should be there and not anywhere else.
(Dec 5, 2017, 08:01 AM)roxas Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 5, 2017, 07:09 AM)Kahjo Wrote: [ -> ]Also, just adding. If a player injures into ex. Infront of townhall, and someone carries him away into ex. Industrial and he dies, the NLR zone will be at townhall where he first got injured, not where he died.

Which is good and prevents people from abusing this. When you died in a RP situation your NLR should be there and not anywhere else.

Yeah,X didnt die infront of townhall,he got INJURED infront of townhall.
^ Doesn't matter. He got killed at this place. When he does not get revived, he would've died at this place. If you could avoid that by simply dragging him out of that place, we would have endless raids, because you could simply drag out injured officers, they can release and come back immediately after.
(Dec 5, 2017, 01:12 PM)roxas Wrote: [ -> ]^ Doesn't matter. He got killed at this place. When he does not get revived, he would've died at this place. If you could avoid that by simply dragging him out of that place, we would have endless raids, because you could simply drag out injured officers, they can release and come back immediately after.

He would have, but he did not.
Roxas, he would’ve been injured there, not dead. NLR shouldn’t apply where you were injured. Only where you die.

I do believe though that the ragdoll's location can be tracked since the GM seems to spawn it in.
I agree that it makes sense for NLR to be moved but I also agree it would have a negative impact on aggressive RP (even longer raids).

I think it's a discussion for another thread as it can be argued NLR not moving is not a bug (even if it is not ideal).
There is a (minor?) issue with not moving NLR though: a cop could "stumble" upon his body during patrol and try to start an investigation into his killer if his body is moved.
What I have noticed is that players will snatch up a ragdoll from a wreck, attempting to play keep away in hopes of grabbing his/her lost equipment on death. That is the only really annoying aspect about the whole moving of bodies to me.
(Dec 6, 2017, 11:58 PM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]What I have noticed is that players will snatch up a ragdoll from a wreck, attempting to play keep away in hopes of grabbing his/her lost equipment on death.  That is the only really annoying aspect about the whole moving of bodies to me.

That should straight up be FailRP, no one IRL runs to bodies hoping to grab stuff from them
Ticket Status Updated

New to Confirmed
Pages: 1 2