Limelight Forums

Full Version: S.W.A.T. TV Remake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been glued to that show since it started up.  I honestly hate how they have changed the dynamics of some of the characters.  They are making Jim Street look like a complete tool.  When you compare him to the movie, that Street was an ex-SEAL turned cop, not some emotional punk kid, beating up people for his jailbird momma.

Hondo is still pretty good, though again, original Hondo wasn't just getting a team for the first time, he was recalled into service for LA.  I don't like how they basically put him in that ackward position against a senior experienced officer for obvious racially driven politics, but other than that he's good.

Chris.....  Well they changed her name, but generally she's still who she was.  Can't touch Michelle Rodriguez at this point, but she's not as experienced of an actress yet, so time will tell.

Officer doofy mcdumbfuck, the guy that is always leeching off the team for places to stay and shit... That character isn't compelling to me.  While SWAT is like a family, I don't believe that someone from that organization would be that shitty of a person that he couldn't take care of his own shit.  Kinda counter to how SWAT officers are trained.

Generally it's a decent take on how SWAT operates, with some added personal dramas to make a show out of it.  Kinda wish the bad guys weren't so completely paper thin in terms of character development.  Really wish they would cover some of the scenarios that led to SWAT's creation.  The could definitely look over the work Daryl Gates (Great man, RiP) and John Nelson (Also a great man, RiP), as they founded SWAT, to use some of that for material for the show.

What's your take on it?

[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/3xD8nf1EhtA[/video]
Sexiest in this trailer is the unmarked Dodge Charger.

OT: Looks pretty nice tbh! I hope they'll add German subtitle's.
If i can watch it here in the EU, I will watch it for sure. Looks really good.
I like Shemar Moore as an actor after seeing him in multiple other shows.
There are many sites that host it that I know bypass the German media blocking system. It's got a few episodes now and generally is very good. I think that those who love to play the SWAT job, or even those that complain about the SWAT job could stand to learn a few things from the show.

Things like how SWAT responds, other jobs they perform, and how they work with other sections of the police. Never once do you see SWAT shit on other members of the police with the excuse "SWAT outranks you" except when those other groups fail to respond in a timely fashion, to which SWAT will take over in their absence without turning things over as soon as they show up.

If you watch the Captain and how she interacts with the team, you could easily use the Secretary job to perform the police administrative officer position, seeing how that job is barely used anyway and has the ability to issue passes and what not.

P.S. Note that SWAT never hides who they are in a uniform sense. Some of their cars are unmarked, but you don't see them in suits pretending to be "undercover" because that isn't their job description. It never was. They were designed to be a "para-military" response to extreme situations. Not Miami Vice.