Limelight Forums

Full Version: Razer Phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you think about the new Razer phone?

https://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/mobile/razer-phone
It looks nice, but....meh.

Until I can play Arma 3 on it, I won't get off my current trend of buy iPhone (enter version) every other year.
Rebranded metal Nextbit Robin
(With dual camera and 120hz 2k display)
Looks like the screen to a PSP
Razor mice and keyboards are okay. The rest of their stuff is overpriced bollocks
I'd disagree with their mice. I had the Naga and within 6 months, the scroll wheel started to jump. Made playing CS:GO back then near impossible because it would freak out trying to switch my weapons when I only wanted to scroll to my next.
(Dec 8, 2017, 09:31 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]I'd disagree with their mice. I had the Naga and within 6 months, the scroll wheel started to jump. Made playing CS:GO back then near impossible because it would freak out trying to switch my weapons when I only wanted to scroll to my next.

Yup, had two Razer Kraken Pros before a realised how shit quality they were. Only lasted around 3/4 of a year.
I've got a Razer Mamba Tournament. Nice little B-Day present, and still works after 2 years.
I'm not a fan. The phone is really only meant for gaming, and other phones can do it pretty much fine. It looks like a tiny brick and my LG G6 already has 2 cameras. Works just fine. (plus no headphone jack for a phone with that size??? come on)

with the current trend of mice conversation, I have had a corsair M65 RGB for a long ass time. Works great. Only problem is the scroll wheel button fails to log in some games, but besides that, no problems at all.
I have a Razer Kraken Pro for like.. 4 years now ? And it still works altough it starts to break down a bit.
The Razer phone is one of the weakest options on the market right now. The only selling points are the ultra-loud speakers which are probably twice as loud as the next loudest phone (the Pixel 2 XL) without distorting the audio noticeably, and the 120 hz display which most games won't fully utilise. In all other categories, it is beaten. Camera? Pixel 2 XL. Speed? OnePlus 5T and iPhone X/8 Plus/8. Smoothness? Pixel 2 XL. Display quality? iPhone X.

As for gaming mice, I'd recommend any competitive player to get a lightweight mouse from Logitech or Roccat. I personally use the Roccat Kone Pure Owl Eye as Logitech mice are either too big (G403) or too small (G Pro) for me. Heavier mice will slow down your flicks and cause hand fatigue; about 0.1% of professional players (and even those sponsored will have a choice) use heavy mice like the Logitech G502.

Their keyboards are pretty poor quality too. Cooler Master are superior in every way.

If you want a good audio setup, get a good pair of headphones and a microphone (a ModMic will be good to attach to your headphones if you don't have desk space) if you have a higher budget, or a HyperX Cloud 2 if you have a lower budget.

The one thing I'd say is that Razer's laptops and mice pads aren't too shabby.
(Dec 8, 2017, 10:54 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Razer Kraken Pro for like.. 4 years now ? And it still works altough it starts to break down a bit.

On my second pair I didn't even treat it badly 
(This was like 2 years ago)
Not a fan of the Razer phone. I would prefer Apple devices such as the iPhone.
(Dec 10, 2017, 10:01 PM)D3ST Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of the Razer phone. I would prefer Apple devices such as the iPhone.

yeah because you're a fanboy  Heart

OT; I like it. If you're saying 'just get the iPhone X' remember that the iPhone's price is £999, and the Razer phone's price is £640.00
(Dec 10, 2017, 10:13 PM)Constrictor Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 10, 2017, 10:01 PM)D3ST Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of the Razer phone. I would prefer Apple devices such as the iPhone.

yeah because you're a fanboy  Heart

OT; I like it. If you're saying 'just get the iPhone X' remember that the iPhone's price is £999, and the Razer phone's price is £640.00

£640 is quite alot for a original £320 price of the Nextbit robin (Which is basically a plastic version of the Razer Phone with out the 120HZ 2k screen and the louder speakers)

The razer phone is like a brick yet it can't fit a headphone jack.

At least the iPhone 10 has a wayyy better build quality, better technical support, a better OLED panel and generally looks and feels better to hold.
Pages: 1 2