Limelight Forums

Full Version: Bug: GM forgetting that I've already spawned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MAIN POST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION COLLECTED.  ALL FOLLOW ON POSTS HAVE BEEN EDITED TO REFLECT THAT THEY ARE NOW PART OF MAIN POST.  INFORMATION CONDENSED TO MAIN POST TO MAKE IT CLEAR AND EASY TO FOLLOW FOR THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM.

Server [Rockford/Build/Event]: Rockford
Map (if not default): NA
Description: For some reason, periodically the HUD is completely removed and the GM treats me as though I haven't loaded into the game yet even though I've been in game and playing for periods of time in excess of a hour.
Bug observed since: First time was around 1am EST, it reoccured around 3am and I was able to catch it with this shadowplay thing that Nac suggested I use for recording.
Images/Screenshots:
[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/p06PglVCCK8[/video]

What the bug looks like on scoreboard

[Image: 3AC354C9E97D69B3F272411143206AAECA83B9A4]

Looking at the bugged user in game.

[Image: 9DAEBFC2E37FE5B5DBEB6EF6DFFA47B1B8D2E73E]

Replication Method: Player joining the server. (Confirmed)

Without bug, User has started to join.
[Image: 98B01776968DFCB9E868C028163355AC9D5499DE]

One user fully connected, bug reoccured

[Image: 96D33B23CEA8D83CA460D82B5F4AB095C553683E]

Potential cause: Changelog update 5718

Full effect of the bug: GM treats player as though they haven't yet spawned for the first time.  Player loses HUD and all text communication.  Player's job and RP name will be set to [], Player sometimes cannot change SWEP.

Script error associated with attempting to right click a bugged user: 
[ERROR] gamemodes/cityrp_2_by_limelightgaming/gamemode/core/scoreboard/player_row.lua:68: attempt to concatenate a nil value
1. DoRightClick - gamemodes/cityrp_2_by_limelightgaming/gamemode/core/scoreboard/player_row.lua:68
2. unknown - lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:227

Developers tagged due to the nature of the bug basically making one person unable to perform many actions, thus it is fairly severe in nature.
Thank you for your bug-report, Jokhah!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Should be fixed.
Seems to be confirmed as fixed. Archived.