Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name:  Boshine

Ban ID: 6283

Banned by: [L²:M] 26

Server:  No diea

Ban Reason: 3rd person abusing, looking over walls to identify targets. 

Why should you be unbanned?:  After looking through the rules. There's nothing that clearly states that 3rd person looking over walls is not allowed.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Boshine.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
I've already gave my input on this.

I'm assuming the inspiration to re-do the UBR is the thread about clarifying 3rd person peeking in the rules.
Let my clarify, yes it doesn't state it specifically but it can fall into a categorised rule, for example; we aren't
going to state everything that is considered FailRP as there is way too many to list.

The reason it doesn't say it in the rules is for minimization within the rule list itself, and for things it can fall
under is 1.1, yes it isn't a glitch but its abuse of a tool to gain an unfair advantage over the opposition.
Quote:After looking through the rules. There's nothing that clearly states that 3rd person looking over walls is not allowed.

Mainly:

Quote:1.1 - Using cheats, hacks, abusing glitches, and using other third party software to give yourself an advantage over other players (such as autoclickers) is not allowed.

You are abusing third person's ability to look over/through walls, while your character would normally not be able to, to give yourself an advantage over other players.

Possibly:

Quote:3.9 - Do not use information obtained by out-of-character means, in-character (Metagaming).
If you use any information that you receive from looking over that wall, which your character would not be able to do, you are also metagaming.

And finally:
Quote:It's almost impossible to cover every single detail with rules, so we expect that you use your common sense and won't do questionable things or search for loopholes. If you are not sure if something is allowed or not, ask an admin to clarify.
I would say that abusing a mechanic to see over/through walls for an advantage would trigger some sort of "this is probably not allowed" thought - <questionable things>. But honestly I don't really have to stretch it this far, it quite easily falls under 1.1.
Denied.

Refer to above posts. If the relevant suggestion passes staff review, it will be further specified in the rules however it is already considered part of the rules, particularly 1.1.